How long has it been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long has it been?

How long as it been since you have gone without seeing or talking to your SO? And what did you do in the meantime to keep yourself sane?

I'm on skype with him now but he's sleeping.
    But, I try to keep myself busy/distracted if he's not around. I'd practice the ukulele, do some work, watch some tv, research for our backpacking trip, talk to my brother, etc. I'd probably send a text or two saying I miss him and I'm still alive and I can't wait till the next time we get to talk. (:

Comment

I haven't seen him since Dec 22nd. I work three jobs so that tends to keep my mind busy till I see him next.

Comment

Thank you for responding 13000km!! I think it's fabulous that you found your travel buddy/partner!! I'm trying to take it one day at a time but sometimes it's easier said than done. I'm not sure when I'll see my SO next. We can't text (he's out of the country). He doesn't have internet at home hooked up yet, he used to have an iPhone but cancelled it so he could get home service of some kind. I keep pretty busy with my kids but there are days I want to curl up in a blanket and sleep for the entire weekend, ya know?

Comment

Snow_girl - 3 jobs? WOW you sure do stay busy!!! I haven't seen my SO since November 28th. I've recently taken up cupcake baking. I LOVE cake shows and have been inspired to come up with my own recipes, so that is one thing that I do to stay busy.

Comment

The last time I was with him was Jan 8, but it feels longer than that. D: Really, it's easier said than done and even if I try to keep myself busy, I still end up thinking about him and missing him. It's been really rough for me especially because I have no idea when I'm going to see him again. But I just try to keep my focus on school and the things that need to be done.

How I wish I have a date to look forward to.
            "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
            a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
            which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
            - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
            regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
            The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
            - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

NaNi - awwww. Sometimes when the distance becomes, in a sense, "new" again it can be harder. I love that you called her and using the last of your minutes was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw96mom View Post
                Thank you for responding 13000km!! I think it's fabulous that you found your travel buddy/partner!! I'm trying to take it one day at a time but sometimes it's easier said than done. I'm not sure when I'll see my SO next. We can't text (he's out of the country). He doesn't have internet at home hooked up yet, he used to have an iPhone but cancelled it so he could get home service of some kind. I keep pretty busy with my kids but there are days I want to curl up in a blanket and sleep for the entire weekend, ya know?
                I do know, it can be hard and I have those days where I cry myself to sleep. He always tells me to be thankful that I DO have a man that loves me, that I do have something to look forward to and that all that waiting time will be worth it.

Comment

kireinamida - I know EXACTLY how you feel. My SO is trying to come back to the states to see his kids and I before he deploys but isn't sure if he can and it's bumming us out. So I'm not sure when I'll see him again. I've had a rough week. I know it's easier said than done. I'm trying my hardest to take it one day at a time. Chin up.... even without a date set, there is an end in sight.

Comment

kireinamida - I know EXACTLY how you feel. My SO is trying to come back to the states to see his kids and I before he deploys but isn't sure if he can and it's bumming us out. So I'm not sure when I'll see him again. I've had a rough week. I know it's easier said than done. I'm trying my hardest to take it one day at a time. Chin up.... even without a date set, there is an end in sight.
                    Oh, he's in the army? My SO will be going going back in the army next month. I'm not really sure what's going to happen next, but like what you said, I'm trying to keep my chin up. It's just really difficult when you and your SO are very far apart. D:
                    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
                    a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
                    - Rainer Maria Rilke

Comment

Since we talked: about 15 hours, we rarely go 24 hours without talking to each other.

Since we've seen each other: 20 days.

I had 2,5 papers to write (the last two I handed in yesterday), spent some time with my mum and yesterday and today I've been cleaning out my place, so when I come back it will at least be to a clean, tidy apartment. I'm also going to start packing today.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

The last time we saw each other: 19 January 2011.

The last time we talked: Almost a week ago.

We did talk for exactly 6 minutes today though. I called her before my next class. It took all the money off my phone (Germany -> New Zealand), but it was worth it.

Comment

The last I talked with my SO was last night, and I won't see him via skype or talk with him until Sunday. He's going to a concert this weekend in Paris, and I'll be gone at my night when he'll be home.

We can't text, because international rates rates are phenomenally high. However, we do leave random messages on facebook when we can. He already said if he can't get online to say "I love you" make sure to check my FB messages.

Comment

Originally posted by kireinamida View Post
                            Oh, he's in the army? My SO will be going going back in the army next month. I'm not really sure what's going to happen next, but like what you said, I'm trying to keep my chin up. It's just really difficult when you and your SO are very far apart. D:
                            Air Force. But whatever military branch, it's the same. I was married to a Marine once upon a time so I should know how hard it is. But when you are in love your emotions can be wild roller coaster rides. You're right, it IS very difficult. I came across a quote the other day that I thought was perfect:

"If it is amazing then it won't be easy. If it is easy then it won't be amazing. If it is worth it then you won't give up, if you give up then you weren't worthy of it to begin with."

Comment

Air Force. But whatever military branch, it's the same. I was married to a Marine once upon a time so I should know how hard it is. But when you are in love your emotions can be wild roller coaster rides. You're right, it IS very difficult. I came across a quote the other day that I thought was perfect:

"If it is amazing then it won't be easy. If it is easy then it won't be amazing. If it is worth it then you won't give up, if you give up then you weren't worthy of it to begin with."

I agree, it can really be a roller coaster. Sometimes, it's good crazy, sometimes it's not. The good thing about him going back in the army is that he will be stationed a lot closer to my country. And I can say goodbye to the awful 12-hour time difference!

That's a really beautiful quote. Thanks for sharing. We just need to strive and believe that this it worth it.
                              - Rainer Maria Rilke

Comment

Working...
                              X