No announcement yet.

How long has it been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I last saw mine January 2nd - which is when I last came back home from visiting him. I'll be seeing him again on March 26. Since we've been back together, the longest we've gone is this last stretch. Prior to us getting back together, I had not actually seen him in 13 years We talk or text everyday now, with the exception of a few days where I went on a cruise and couldn't contact him - I love him but I wasn't paying the outrageous at sea prices to call.

I have a 7 year old son who keeps me busy and a job that eats up a lot of my time. The worst for me is at night because he goes to bed earlier than I do. So I'll come on here, read up on the threads, go to other websites, write my blog, do a work out - just stay busy. I do let myself get into moods where I miss him but then I tell myself that we knew what we were getting into so I get myself together and soldier on.

Comment

I last saw my SO on 3rd January, and I won't see him until end of April...if he actually books a ticket!
      I'm living off £10 a week for 9 months to raise money for 4 charities (Tommy's, Home-Start, Lupus UK and Hughes Syndrome Foundation)
      please visit my blog and sponsor me! https://10poundpom.blogspot.com/
      It's really easy to donate, you just go to the blog link, click on the Just Giving links at the top right hand side, and then click donate! It literally takes 30 seconds to fill in the details in order to donate and it will make such a difference to these amazing charities! Every donation is greatly appreciated, no matter how small!

'The reason it hurts so much to separate....is because our souls are connected'

Comment

I saw my SO last on February 7th. And will fortunately see him next week, I hope. (Japan is not the most stable place right now).

Comment

Where abouts in Japan is he? Prayers x
          I'm living off £10 a week for 9 months to raise money for 4 charities (Tommy's, Home-Start, Lupus UK and Hughes Syndrome Foundation)
          It's really easy to donate, you just go to the blog link, click on the Just Giving links at the top right hand side, and then click donate! It literally takes 30 seconds to fill in the details in order to donate and it will make such a difference to these amazing charities! Every donation is greatly appreciated, no matter how small!

Comment

Originally posted by 8983MilesofLove View Post
            Where abouts in Japan is he? Prayers x
            He is in South Japan. So he is not affected by the destruction and such. But, if the nuclear plant in Fukushima melts down, it'll affect the entire Japan in no time, which is why my country has also recommended people not to travel to anywhere in Japan. Also, even South Japan is experiencing shortage of food and gas.
            Everyday I hope to hear good news from the nuclear plant, so I won't have to cancel my ticket.

Comment

The longest I haven't seen my SO was probably 5 - 6 months. And the longest we didn't talk was around a week due to my camping vacation in the mountains with no cell phone service. lol

Comment

Kirenamida said: How I wish I have a date to look forward to.

Hi, kireinamida,
                I'm with you. I never have a date for our visits due to our work schedules. It is easier when you do have a date to look forward to. We used to be able to plan when we lived closer. Instead, now that we are farther apart, i find that I work hard to not have expectations of a date/time/month we might get together, so I don't get disappointed when it doesn't materialize.
                17 years LDR out of 18 years of marriage. Oh, yeah, plus a year of LDR courtship.

Comment

The last I saw my SO was 1 January. He was also in Japan during the earthquake and tsunami. He splits his time between studying in Seattle, WA and research in Tokai, Japan. Thankfully, he's ok and is back in the US (still 2100 miles away from me). On Wednesday before the earthquake, I set up all travel arrangements to see him at the end of April in Seattle. He was due to come home in a couple of weeks anyway. I don't want to wait now. I know he's safe, but I want to hold him now.

Anyway, we're lucky to talk most every day via Skype or AIM. Depending on what time zone he's in, depends on how much or often we get to talk. We intentionally make sure to check in with each other every day (barring any more massive natural disasters).

Comment

It's been 3 weeks and a day since I saw him, but we talk every day. I hate not being with him, though. I was supposed to go up there this coming weekend, but those plans fell through, thanks to airlines sucking. I seriously bawled when we came to the conclusion that I couldn't go. It feels so wrong not to be next to him, and it's like I'm missing a vital part of myself. :/ I focus on work and read. A lot. Lol.

Comment

I last saw him on February 20th...I will be seeing him next Thursday for a week. I am VERY fortunate to see him every 6 or so weeks...We talk throughout the day...usually for a few minutes at a time...he doesn't text...

I have learned to just LIVE my life...go about my day to day agenda...have fun in my own world...keep my hobbies and LIVE.
                      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I last saw my SO January the 9th and will see him again September 1st. OMGoshhhh i cant wait! My sister says September is right around the corner, and I say she is daft!! That is like forever and a day!!! ( I still love her even though she is daft )

Comment

I haven't physically seen him since March 2nd but it has been about 2 weeks since I've seen him on camera. His internet hasn't been working to great so we're lucky if we get 20 minutes to talk a day, some days I don't even get to talk to him but I know that's not forever so I keep reminding myself.
                          We had some issues in the past and I have gone a month without talking to him, which was so hard, he's my best friend. I hate not getting to talk to him everyday, I guess my way of dealing with it is to keep myself busy with things like uni work, painting, making jewellery, cleaning, wasting time online lol.
                          Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by milaya View Post
                            He is in South Japan. So he is not affected by the destruction and such. But, if the nuclear plant in Fukushima melts down, it'll affect the entire Japan in no time, which is why my country has also recommended people not to travel to anywhere in Japan. Also, even South Japan is experiencing shortage of food and gas.
                            Everyday I hope to hear good news from the nuclear plant, so I won't have to cancel my ticket.
                            Ow, I really hope you're able to go! *hugs*
                            And I'm praying that the power plant doesn't melt down, the Japanese people have been through enough the past couple of weeks, they don't deserve that on top of everything else

Comment

The last time I saw my boyfriend was 28. March 2010.
                              Its been almost a year now....but if everything goes right, we will get reunited next month and I can not wait. Im wondering so much how he looks like now, how it will be to be in his arms again, to go to the beach with him...I am already very very nervous. I cant believe its going to happen.

Comment

Omg KiwiLove! Are you going back over there soon!? I wish you were going the same time I was going so we could catch up for breakfast on the beach or something

Comment

Working...
                                X