Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to meet, but is it out of the question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey your situation is similar to mine where you say that your parents dont know and stuff... and the distance is pretty much the same (we are over 3000 miles apart too)
    i'm really sick at the moment and i have a headache so sorry if i miss stuff out buttttt....

you need to be careful, you mentioned you were 14, thats not 16, 18 or 17 like alex for that matter... i know this is going to sound so patronsiing and ridiculous but you do get parents saying 'hes too old for you bla bla bla' and if your parents to that, which they probably will.. its gonna make things really awkward if they stop you talking to him or something, because you are not old enough to be independant, so just take that into consideration when talking about his viist over here, just make sure to play your cards very VERY carefully.. exactly what i am going to have to do.

Also...
    because he is older than you he will be able to get a job, sooner, being a teen growing up in england its hard to get a job under the age of 16 that isnt really crappy money... and if you dont live by a seaside town where there is lots of industry like that then you're stuffed, i dont know what its like trying to get a job in london but i know where i live (manchester) it is difficult because even now i am under 18... so i know how you feel about money.. just make sure you save everything youve got, i hate how dependant i am on my parents of money. but this summer im getting a job so i can earn my OWN money for my trip this december. good job with what your doing now though, i understand with gcses its harder to get a job... so much pressure for us.

anyways. im probably ranting but you really need to tell your boyfriend to work every hour he can, if hes not going to college then work should prioritize as the year goes on. im presuming hes in grade 11 at the moment? im not sure how american school systems work but my boyfriend is from canada and i think thats what grade hed be in if it was there... so yeah hes nearly grown up and ready to leave, advice: work every hour he can without dying, trust me. its worth it. the money will bring you closer even if it limits talk time, my boyfriend got a job and i was sad we didnt talk as much but he just got his first paycheck and he can pay for half the plane ticket already and its only april. hes coming in october.

stay strong!!! its all worth it.. if you ever wanna chat just ask xxxxxxxxxx

Comment

sorry headache, i didnt read he was going to college, that obviously limits work time, but im sure youl be okay still. my boyfriend is in uni full time and he still manages to find time to talk through work too... good luck guysss xx

Comment

I can't really relate to the situation with your parents, because, as others have said, it is difficult because you're still young, so I can't blame them for being overprotective and not trusting the online thing. I'm glad they agreed to let you go abroad, though, and I hope you can manage seeing each other even before that.

I can relate very well to what you're saying about the cultural and racial differences, because I'm married to a guy who's from a very different cultural background as me. Of course, it does make a difference sometimes and there will be issues coming up, but none that you can't deal with or that will keep you from being together. Quite a few of my family members are xenophobic as well and they also don't like that we're on different pages as far as our jobs and careers are concerned (he's a manual laborer and I'm in college.) Just keep in mind that such issues only bother people who have not grasped that intelligence has nothing to do with the level of education and that personality has nothing to do with skin color or citizenship. Hell, I'm the first in my family to go to college, too and most of my friends don't go to university either. My husband's family is HUGE (he has 4 siblings) and I'm an only child, the youngest in my family (I don't have any nieces or nephews or cousins). At the end of the day, you are with him and the two of you have to get along, so don't freak out because of those differences. I know that it doesn't make things easier to be a bi-national/inter-ethnic couple, but remember that people usually judge you, no matter whom you are with and that, even though you might not have the same kind of issues with a guy from the same background as you, there are always problems in any relationship.

Comment

Working...
        X