How does this make YOU feel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does this make YOU feel?

So it is that time of year again, when the beauty of spring starts reaching its arms and touching everyone around it. This typically means everyone you know, and I mean EVERYONE you know is engaged, getting engaged, is getting married, is having their first child, is having twins, etc. How does this budding romance around you make you feel? All I can think of is how I don't get to see my love everyday. How I have to Skype with him in order to be close to him. How we can't get married or have children because we are living in two different cities. How, while you get home to your beautiful house, with your happy family - all I can do is count down the days till I get to see him next. I don't know about you, but this time of year is REALLY hard for me because I can't help but think, "When is it going to be my turn?" Sigh**

Sux big time. Only I come back to a student little apartment with a roommate and I will be here for a while and my whole family is on another side of the planet...and yes almost all my friends are married or have kids. It sux a big time and I keep wondering if ever I will have one of those springs

Comment

It doesn't really bother me.

Comment

Hi, Kittykatherine,
        I get bummed out sometimes too, because like you say, it's "mating season." Sometimes, it's really hard when I have setbacks at my location related to school or work. But call me crazy, we went ahead and got married even though we weren't in the same location. If it's right, it's right, even if your living situation is a bit out of the norm.
        17 years LDR out of 18 years of marriage. Oh, yeah, plus a year of LDR courtship.

Comment

I blogged about this earlier. Focus on the positive.

Look, The Boy may not be here, but at least I have him and he's texted me to let me know he's thinking about me. This time last year, I was alone and crying over the loss of my marriage. I'd much rather be here than there.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by Miramaid View Post
            Sux big time. Only I come back to a student little apartment with a roommate and I will be here for a while and my whole family is on another side of the planet...and yes almost all my friends are married or have kids. It sux a big time and I keep wondering if ever I will have one of those springs
            I too come back to a student housing apartment (with a roommate who is 9 years younger than me) and my family is miles away as well. I guess I try to hold onto the hope that it will happen for me one day. I believe it is hope that helps me get through some of my hardest days. What we are all doing is proving that love truly knows no distance. That despite all the odds against us, that we will survive and we will be happier because of it. Surviving an LDR takes a lot of strength and I do believe that most people would not be able to do what you and I are doing. Therefore, when I think about my relationship - I feel that he and I can survive anything if, no when, we survive this time apart.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
              It doesn't really bother me.
              Consider yourself a very fortunate person. I try each and every day to remind myself that my relationship is special. Therefore, our time will come. Keep your positive outlook - as it will take you far. Good luck!

Comment

Hmmm. I find myself feeling happy for those other couples, and can only wait (with a little patience) anxiously for my turn.

Comment

Originally posted by GatoGirl View Post
                  Hi, Kittykatherine,
                  I get bummed out sometimes too, because like you say, it's "mating season." Sometimes, it's really hard when I have setbacks at my location related to school or work. But call me crazy, we went ahead and got married even though we weren't in the same location. If it's right, it's right, even if your living situation is a bit out of the norm.
                  We have actually talked about getting married this summer, and may very well go ahead and just do it. He and I know we are meant to spend our lives together, it is just a matter of waiting till the time is right. I also have to keep in mind that just because I do not follow all the milestones that most follow (i.e., moving in together, getting married, having children, etc.), it doesn't mean that my relationship is any less special or any less valid. It is a constant learning process that I am trying to learn from each and every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikaH View Post
                    Hmmm. I find myself feeling happy for those other couples, and can only wait (with a little patience) anxiously for my turn.
                    I too am happy for those couples - I just struggle with the concept of when, when is it my turn? I just have to be patient and believe that I am in a relationship with the man I want to spend the rest of my life with... Our time will come, this I am certain of - we just have to anxiously wait for our turn, as you said Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
                      I blogged about this earlier. Focus on the positive.

Look, The Boy may not be here, but at least I have him and he's texted me to let me know he's thinking about me. This time last year, I was alone and crying over the loss of my marriage. I'd much rather be here than there.
                      That is a great point and one that I try to remind myself. We are all here because we have the common thread of being in a long distance relationship. That being said, this means that we all have someone for whom to call our own. Therefore, we, and definitely I, need to be grateful for the love and dedication we do have from our partners. After all, the best things in life you typically have to work for them Good luck to you and your significant other!

Comment

Honestly, it doesn't bother me. Because I know one day it will be my time My cousin just got married over the weekend and I couldn't be happier for her. I have a great boyfriend, a great life going for me, and I know one day everything will fall into place and when that day is, I hope people are happy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by paulawriteslove View Post
                          Honestly, it doesn't bother me. Because I know one day it will be my time My cousin just got married over the weekend and I couldn't be happier for her. I have a great boyfriend, a great life going for me, and I know one day everything will fall into place and when that day is, I hope people are happy for me.
                          Most days I feel as you do, that it doesn't bother me. It tends to bother me most when I know I will not be seeing my love for a while. Even after he and I have been living apart for 2 years, I still get discouraged. I just want so badly for it to be our time. I, as I have said before, just need to focus on the positive aspects of our relationship, as well as focus on the fact that he and I will have our time too. I guess I am just so in love with him that I am ready to get married, have children, and start our lives together. That day is coming soon and that is where my focus should rest. Good luck to you and your boyfriend!

Comment

I'm not too fussed, personally. I know too many people who've rushed to the altar and regretted it later. Right now I'm just happy that I'm closing the distance and going fulltime into my career next month.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I guess I'm the odd one out in saying it does not bother me. When I was younger, like 12 or 13, it bothered me because I didn't have a boyfriend and every crush I had turned out to think I was a freak or somesuch. I was actually asexual (meaning no interest in sex or relationships, no sexual attraction to anyone) from about 14 until I was just past 20 so I learned to ignore the lovey-dovey stuff and become detached from it all. Even now being in a relationship I can still see some people holding hands, kissing, wearing engagement rings and think "well good for them" and be on my way. Doesn't mean I don't get lonely or don't want that for myself, but I don't bother myself with being envious of strangers who have an easier relationship path.

Comment

Working...
                              X