No announcement yet.

Visa Waiver to the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might be totally wrong, but I remember reading something about if you get married on any other visa than a K1 you have to stay out of country until your CR1 is approved (though visits are still allowed).
    Anyone with more insight on this?

My fiancé and I are going to go for the K1 visa.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

All I can say to this is be careful. I went to the USA on the ESTA program, I had no intentions of getting married or staying in the US permanently. I simply wanted to stay for a short period of time to see how life compares to the UK and to make sure that if it come to it and my SO wanted me to live there in the future that I could. Either way I was deported on the journey to the US on grounds that my ties wasn't strong enough in the UK...make sure you have enough money to go to the US, a Job back home and any other documents that you can think of to prove to them that your returning home is all I can advise.

Being deported for what seem to me like no apparent reason has been hard emotionally and for my LDR. It's also made things harder for me to visit the US for the time being. Having said that I wish you all the luck in the world, Its not impossible and I think (although you'd better ask the ones who have closed the distance) that it will be completely worth all the paperwork and everything in the end

Comment

Working...
      X