No announcement yet.

I knew I found my soul mate when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I choose just one? Every day there's something that proves that we are meant to be with each other. If nothing else, going through all the incredible struggles and overcoming all the obstacles of our first year and a half together with so much love and patience that we were able to have so many amazing and fun times, says it all....However, I remember some of my first "He's the one" moments. The first came just three days after we met online. We were having our second conversation, and we both shared our deepest secret that we had never entrusted with another person. I had never even told me ex-fiance who I had known for nearly a decade, and been with for three years. Then, when we first met we had the most incredible first date. At the end, I took him out on a river trail late that night and surprised him by leading him down to a pathway of rocks that lead to a huge boulder at the center of the river. Out on that rock, with the stars so bright above and the river rushing below, he asked me if he could kiss me. Never had a guy respected me enough to ASK. I, of course, said "Yes," and we shared our first kiss and many more. That was the second time. Then, in between kisses we looked so deeply into each others eyes and touched faces as if we were memorizing every detail. I knew then that I would never be the same, and that we would be together for the rest of our lives. Or on our second visit when he picked me up from the Greyhound station, and on our way out, an elderly black man asked for money and hinted at a ride. Aaron gave him $5, and the man asked him if I was his wife. He said "I wish," and I so badly wanted it to be true. Nine months later it was

Comment

...he asked me what my favorite book in the Bible is.
      "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
      a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
      which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
      - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
      regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
      The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
      - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

...and all the other things that I discover with each passing day.
        "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
        a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
        which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
        - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
        regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
        The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
        - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

There wasn't one moment that clinched it for me....but I guess I had a moment of realization. I realized one day that after everything we'd been through together, after all he'd been and done for me, after his unfailing support and reassurance.....I realized I loved him and didn't think there was anyone else out there I wanted to be with.

I don't actually believe in soul mates, I should say; I believe that some people are more compatible with each other than others, but that anyone can fall in love with anyone else, if the situation is right. So I believe that my Joe is someone who can make me more happy than most anyone else in the world, and I don't want to find out if there's anyone else who could do a better job....because I don't think anyone really CAN do a better job than he does, and because I love him and want him to be my forever.
          sigpic

Comment

I knew I found my soulmate when I discovered we had actually met 10 years prior while our dads were stationed at the same base in NM and his mom had been a church youth leader. She passed away the same week my family moved to a AZ. I'd thought about his family a lot, and when we happened to just randomly meet up at a church activity (here in AZ) I knew that we were supposed to be together.

Comment

Originally posted by Mxchaela View Post
              When I found myself researching about ldrs (guilty!) before I even admitted to liking him.
              I was SO guilty of this...I even joined the original LFAD site just two weeks after we became a couple.

Comment

I don't think there was any one moment when I realized that I found my soul mate. It was just... always there. From the first time we talked, it was like we were meant to be. Everything was perfect. We were finishing each others thoughts in a matter of days. He does something at least once a week to remind me that we were made for one another though.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                - A. A. Milne

Comment

This may sound kind of crazy, but I knew I had found my soul mate under circumstances that you wouldn't normally think when you think about these stories.

About a year or so after we started dating, my girlfriend agreed to accompany me and my family to a doctor's appointment and my high school's football game. Throughout the game, she started to get a headache and started to feel queasy. As soon as we got back to our college, she got maybe two or three steps before throwing up. I rushed her back to her dorm and took care of her for a little while. As I sat there watching her rest, the thought hit my mind: I want to take care of this girl for the rest of my life.

It was then and there that I knew I had found my destiny.
                  National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

Working...
                  X