No announcement yet.

Your SO's parents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i haven't met my SO's mom in person, but he introduce us trough skype.my SO is really independent from his family . n well my future mother in law seems to be serious person but still nice w me. now his sister , i dnt have a problem w her at all but since my SO its the baby of the family shes like no women its enough for my SO, n well im exactly the same way w my younger n only brother im the jealous sis but as long as he is happy lol

Comment

I was very nervous about meeting his parents, but they were VERY nice to me. His mum was very sweet, even bringing me out when he had to spend the entire day at work. His dad let us stay with him when we were in Seattle. The whole family was very welcoming. (: He's never met my parents in real life but has talked to my dad and brother a number of times on skype and on the phone and met my mum briefly once on skype. My parents seem to like him so far.

Comment

My SO's parents are absolutely awesome. They love me and I love them. They treat me really really well and they support me and my SO.
        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I like my SO's parents, I've only met them a couple of times but so far they've been very nice to me. I have no complaints.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
          -- Anonymous

Comment

I absolutely love my SO's parents! We get along really well. And my parents and my SO get a long really well too

Comment

I like my SO's parents as well. It helps that I have known them just about as long as I have known my SO. They are very supportive and despite being old fashioned, have been okay with us holding off on marriage and living together (in the past , we are LDR right now so they don't have to worry as much I guess). I don't know about my SO and my parents, they have always been very good to my SO, but dad can be passive aggressive even after six years, so I guess that is a dad for ya!

Comment

I haven't met them yet, although I have e-mailed his mom a few times. She seems like a really nice lady.

Comment

Maybe you should talk to her, and tell her how it makes you feel. If you love your SO then you have to "like" his parents. Maybe you should get her email or phone number and explain to her your side of the relationship. It's not easy by any means, but what is in an LDR? But if you want change, you make change. She won't understand how you feel until you express yourself.

Comment

I have met Michelle's parents, and she has met mine. I often sit at the kitchen table and talk to Michelle's dad when I am visiting. I think it is important to meet the parents eventually. It all goes back to becoming 'real' and 'tangible' to parents and friends. As we all know, most friends or parents at first push aside a LDR because they don't get how people can date but never see each other. By meeting the parents via webcam or in person, they see that you are real, and they can get to know you and like you. If your parents support your relationship, everything gets easier. That is my point of view.

Comment

My girlfriend's parents love me and pretty much accept me as a member of the family to this point. The only one that seems to have a problem with me is the cat. :-p

Usually, they'll include me in their activities without much of a problem and have gotten me interested in quite a few things. I like her family and hopefully, we can make one family out of two soon!
                      National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

I love my SO's parents. His mom is really nice and easy to get along with. In fact, she has told me she can't wait to call me her daughter-in-law. His dad is a sweetheart. I enjoy them both. I couldn't really ask for better. His parents actually live about 45 minutes away from me, so sometimes his mom gets together with me and my daughters. For instance, we're getting together this weekend to go shopping. I have no complaints about them.

Comment

I love my boyfriends parents and brothers! I met them for the first time in December. I was nervous and it was a little awkward cause we went over to their house where they were all waiting to meet me! It turned out being fine and we sat for a few hours talking and drinking tea. They are so kind and lovely and I miss them. I love British people!

My parents love my boyfriend as well. He likes them too and makes a point to impress them and talk to them. Last time he was over he brought gifts for them too. My grandmothers always ask about him as well and take us to lunch every time he is here.

Comment

I have yet to meet his parents, and likely won't for a very long time... One because they don't like Americans and secondly... I can't speak French all that fluently yet. ^.^;;

He will be meeting my parents when he comes to visit at the end of May, which I am entirely nervous about. My parents will certainly be a pain.

Comment

Honestly, I think I'm in a walking time bomb. My parents "say" they don't hate him- "oh, we have nothing against him if he's not your boyfriend. So long as he removes that connection you can talk to him and be friends". However, they're Chinese parents, and always leave things in between the lines. Which is to say their real meaning is: Since we yelled to disown you if you associate with that spawn of the devil, we still do think he's the spawn of the devil. We just have an image to uphold as upstanding citizens, and thus we are not going to go around spouting our hate everyday.

Comment

I've met TJ's dad, his dads girlfriend and his sister. They seem to be okay with me but we don't spend a lot of time with them, his sister is kinda awkward so I'm not sure how she feels about me.

He hasn't met any of my family yet but briefly talked to one of my brothers on the phone. I'm sure my family will love him though

Comment

Working...
                                X