Royal Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meldir View Post
    and yes 75 € for priority shipping it wouldve cost me! thanks everyone!
    Ah, yes. Priority shipping. I forgot about that. That would be way more expensive for me too. It really sucks not living in the same country.
    Last edited by NaNi; April 18, 2011, 01:25 PM.

Comment

it does! and we're totally spoiled by our postal service because its fast and reliable! :/

Comment

Don't even get me started on the price of shipping, it seriously cost me $25 just to ship 2 bags of 160g chips, a card, a letter and a small 40g chocolate... cost more than the stuff itself and that's you're normal, unregistered air mail.
        Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

ah i'm not complaining about the cost i know i could have it much worse there. but i'm still miffed that it takes so long! :>

Comment

I can imagine this time of the year they're probably busy, I really wouldn't worry yet. I actually had a letter I sent my guy come back to me about 5 months after sending it :S
            Fingers crossed it'll arrive soon
            Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

first off, i'm from the US.. but it's still relevant!

soo not to get you thinking this is the problem, buuut this reminds me of something that happened a few weeks ago, and it's so upsetting!

so eric and i wrote each others letters one night together, and sent them the next day. we both love reeses so we put reeses in a letter in our packages, and sent them off!
              well 2 days later eric got his.. and i was like alright mine should get here soon

days go by and still nothing.. and i was starting to get worried

well finally like 2 weeks later i get the envelope in the mail, sealed in a plastic bag that says "we're sorry to say you're package got damaged" i was so confused because i had the envelope he sent it in which didn't look damaged at all

well then i started thinking, eric wasn't the smartest and put 2 bags of reeses in a bigger paper envelope, not smart! i put his in a box! so i realize it was too heavy and everything just fell out, and the letter was just in there by itself, not in a separate envelope

anyways, i'm so sad because i will never see that letter, or what it said, and it really bothered me for a while.
              but then i realized it really wasn't a big deal, he can send me another one, and i have to just let it go

but mail sometimes just takes a long time for no reason
              <3
              sigpic

Comment

My SO lives in England, and he sent me a package for Christmas. He thought that it wouldn't take longer than two weeks to get it. Well, the winter break started, and it still hadn't shown up. We though that it would maybe show up over my holiday, but nope. It didn't arrive until the third week of January. It ended up taking about 6 weeks for the package to arrive.
                "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                Made it official: September 17, 2010
                Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                Got married: November 21, 2012
                Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

oh dear this is well frustrating im living in germany tho, shouldnt take long at all, he sent me one 4 weeks ago and it arrived here within three days.. was priority shipping though. gah.. 6 weeks :/ that would totally ruin my idea

Comment

My SO always talks about how rubbish the Royal Mail service is. It's a real shame that something called "Royal" would let the country down.

Comment

YAY he got it today!!! two weeks late but im just happy its not lost thanks so much everyone!

Comment

Working...
                      X