No announcement yet.

Would You Regret It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodnesss no, I love his country and plan to move there even if we don't survie the distance

Comment

Yes and no.

Why I regret: I moved to California because of my ex. The reason I regret moving here is because I am alone in this state, I miss my family terribly and don't have friends (I am socially awkward so I don't go out, and if I would go out, where would I go?)

Why I don't regret it: Like you Lady, I left my comfort zone. I have proven to myself that I could do this on my own. At times I feel like giving up and moving back to my country but I look at how far I have gotten with my job, how I have managed to live on my own, etc. That I end up staying and continue pushing myself to do better.

Now, on my current LDR things have been kinda tricky. Mentally I refuse to be the one moving. My SO has been the one saying that he will be the one moving. But lately he has been feeling the pressure of his family, wanting him to stay in NY and I should be the one making the move. So he has been giving me the hints that I should be the one moving.

Will I regret moving to him? Most likely. Why? because not only will I be leaving behind what I have been working so hard for, but I will also be giving up my religion. It does sound selfish and that for love you would give up anything and do anything. But I feel that if I have to give up something as important as my religion, he should at least make the sacrifice to move. I also feel that by him moving, he will be able to be independent instead of relaying on his parents (not that he is always relaying on them, but now will be forced to make decision on his own and not get blinded by what his mom tells him). I know it sounds selfish and negative, but my mind can change in June when we have our official move conversation.

Comment

I wouldn't regret moving, and hopefully won't when my time comes to move, I know that when I do move it'll be an adventure and sure I'll miss being with my friends but I think that it will bring the expirence of a lifetime. Even if we end up not making it, knock on wood, I wouldn't regret taking that chance and I could never regret those wonderful memories together that I'm sure we'll share. I also would be more regretful if I let him slip away because I decided not to move, I'd be thinking of the what if's the rest of my life.

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

No way. I love the adventure! We talked about this a lot before my SO moved in. I was the one bringing up the "what will you do if things don't work out" stuff, where he was just so sure things would work out. I wouldn't say I'm a pessimist so much as a realist. I've been in happy relationships before that (obviously) have ended. I love my SO with all my heart but I know time changes people and relationships. So you need to be prepared for those things. I'll be moving in with my SO in June or July and even if we break up I'll probably still stay down there! I love his home country

Comment

i wouldn't waste too much time regretting it. i would just pack up and go back home.
            Read my LDR story!
            Facebook
            Instagram

Comment

Things have been put in motion for me to go over there in just a couple of months. I'm quite scared, of many things, but I won't regret the move. Where I'm going, I'm getting an education, and I've always wanted to leave the country for as long as I can remember. So I feel, that the move is more for me than it is for him, it's my way out of here.

Comment

I wouldn't regret it either. I am moving to a place I love and believe for great new beginnings.

Comment

No, I don't think I would really, because I have to like the place where I moved to, to move there in the first place!

Comment

I don't think I'd regret the relationship, but I might be upset over the loss of the familiar. I'm a major homebody. Seriously, I bought a house that is literally 2 minutes away from my mother and 5 minutes away from my granddparents. My grandfather has Alzheimers so I would be upset at lost time spent with him, even though he wouldn't recognize that I was even gone.

Comment

I wouldn't regret the move as it'd be an experience that I needed. I'm already making the big move in a couple of months and to me, it would do me a lot of good in the long run, even if we broke up.

Comment

I would regret it. I love my current work center, the city I live in, and my current house. Which is why I've told him that if he wants me to move, I need a ring on my finger. It might be a little harsh, but we've been on and off for the past few years. As much as I love him, I also need to make sure I take care of myself no matter what.

Comment

I don't think I would regret it. I love the town where my SO lives, and I've always wanted to go back ever since my semester abroad there. It's exciting and thrilling to think that I could go back to a place I love with the person I love most in the world.
                          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                          Made it official: September 17, 2010
                          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                          Got married: November 21, 2012
                          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

if I moved solely for him and not anything having to do with my own desires other than wanting to be with him and I didn't enjoy the area outside of our relationship then yes, I would regret it. However, if I moved to be with him but I moved also for reasons like...I like the area, I have other friends there, etc, then I wouldn't regret it.

Comment

No. I have learned so much from this relationship with my SO, that I could never regret anything I might have done.. or will do. It would take what I've learned and move on.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                              And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

I wouldn't regret something that makes you happy ... Moving it's like loving someone. ..You should take a risk.. The thing that you would regret is the risk that you wouldn't take...
                                "Love wins everything especially fear."

Comment

Working...
                                X