No announcement yet.

When you saw them for the first time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I don't really remember what it was like when I arrived for my first visit after we became long distance. I mean, it was on the train station, my train was (magically!) on time and I'm sure he was waiting with a rose, since he always does that. And I'm sure we took the bus to his place. But I don't exactly remember the exact moment any more. I was probably glad to arrive after 11h and I guess I noticed how much I dislike the train station in his city. It must be one the ugliest, gloomiest, most uncomfortable, unfriendly places ever, so I always notice that when I arrive there. Not very romantic :-/
    I'm going to ask him about this later t'day. Maybe his memory is better than mine.

I remember the first time we met and our first date, though. On our first date, which was like two days after we first met, I saw him waiting for me from across the street (little did I know this was probably the only time he was punctual lol) and I thought that he really was cute. We met on a rock show and were both under some influence so I was actually prepared for a disappointment.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

First time seeing him (as a couple) was in the airport... I watched him go down the escalator to the place where he got his bags, and I was thinking "OMG, is that him?! He's so smexy! o.o" Haha
      Anyways, I wasn't allowed in that area, so I had to wait for him to come out. When he did, we had the biggest hug ever! And then... We literally just stared at each other. For a long time. And all the way back home. We couldn't believe we were real ^.^

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
      -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
      \

Comment

well we were close distance to begin with but heres the story....he kept asking the teenagers i was in charge of for my number but they called him by his Nickname 'Puti'...and I kept say no I don't know this guy!
        Then every night I would walk home and there would be group of guys sitting outside their house, i could never see their faces but one would always jump up and start shouting 'HI...I'M LOUI!' ...and i'd give a sheepish wave while thinking 'okay....crazy!'
        Then one day I was sitting in the second floor window chatting to my friend outside when A truck comes by and a guy hops starts taking to my friend...Seeing this guy all I could think was 'erm...WOWzers!' and then my friend calls up...'this is Puti he wants your number...so after some friendly banter I decided he could have my number!

....it wasn't until much later I discovered 'Puti' and the crazy shouting boy 'Loui'....are infact one and the same!

Comment

I got off the plane, she was waiting at the gate for me. As soon as step through the gate she came up to me and gave me a huge hug . I in turn gave her a huge kiss, I just couldn't stop myself. then once we got to the car we carried on kissing a quite awhile

Comment

she pulled up in the taxi and i remember thinking "ohhh shit shes here!! omg!!" and then she said "well come over here and see me woman!!" i was too shy, scared, nervous to move so i said "my legs dont work your gonna have to come here first!" so she marched up the steps and said "you silly bugger come here!" and she pulled me into a hug which felt amazing and we stayed like that for a few minutes, since i am really shy when it comes to meeting people i couldnt even look her in the eye until part of the next day, as for kissing and other things ehem...that also didnt happen until the next day

Comment

Well, my SO and I have been best friends for 12 years, so it's not like we had never met before...we'd seen each other every day in school for 11 years lol. When he came home for his first break from college, it'd been about 3 months since we'd seen each other. I knocked on his door and he answered. We just kind of stared at each other for a few seconds, smiling. Then, he gave me a big half-hug (we were pretty awkward early on in our relationship lol...when we were just friends, we NEVER hugged each other or even put our arm around each other for pictures.) and our cheeks were touching. He whispered to me "I missed you so much!" and I replied "I missed you too!" We just stood there hugging for a long time. It's a moment I will never forget.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I was just standing at baggage claim with my luggage, waiting for her to come find me in the huge airport, because I was afraid I'd get lost if I walked around too much. ^^;
                When she walked over, I looked up, and she turned her head and spotted me at the same time, and I remember kind of squealing her name as we sprinted toward each other and hugged. I can still remember what that hug felt like, and I think we were both shaking. When we broke apart, she insisted on taking my bag (such a sweetheart) and we held hands as we walked to the car garage. We started talking, smiling, and laughing immediately, and everything felt really natural.

I still get butterflies thinking about it. /sappy

Comment

Well when I arrived at Heathrow and walked out into Arrivals (at first I had no idea I was in Arrivals until I passed Duty Free shops and thought hmm) haha! And I spotted him quite easily. I waved and mouthed a "Hiii!" and he smiled and gestured for me to walk to the end so we can greet properly. I got to the end and he hugged me instantly and said,"Are you okay?" because I'd been on a plane for hours and obviously looked like a million bucks - not! And I remember we spoke about giving each other a kiss when we meet but we only hugged because we were just so nervous and felt that a kiss just wouldn't be right at that moment because it was first meet in real life and we wanted to make sure we clicked- which we did instantly but we only kissed when we got back to his place after a couple of hours of bonding

Comment

The first time I saw my SO it was really awkward xD

We had mixed up the meeting place so we were both wandering around aimlessly but then we spotted each other across a parking lot, I didn't really recognize him at first because I had hardly seen him clean shaven so as he led me back to the hotel room I was secretly trying to find the tattoos on his wrists, hoping I wasn't stalking some poor stranger, for some reason I hadn't thought to talk to him, but once we got into the room he pulled me into a big hug and we just kinda stood there clinging to each other making sure we weren't dreaming. ^^;

Notes:
                    Met: 8.17.09
                    Started Dating: 8.20.09
                    First Met: 10.2.10
                    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

When I saw my SO for the first time it was after a 9 hour plane ride and 3 hour taxi ride (give or take a few minutes from those approximates), so 12 hours of travelling, I hadn't slept since the last night because I found out I can't really sleep on planes... I was in the train station we were meeting at, glancing at the cafe and wondering if I should get something or just wait for my SO. I was looking anxiously around, trying to find him, thinking I found him at least two times before I actually did but realizing it wasn't him. He actually saw me first, and I think said my name and I turned and there he was walking towards me so I think I started walking towards him and I'm pretty sure he initiated the hug and as soon as he did I hugged him back and I'm pretty sure we kissed and I was so excited, I remember thinking he looked "more 3D" and I remembered we both felt like we were dreaming for pretty much the whole trip, it was so amazing. I'm pretty sure we kissed right when we first hugged each other too although my brain's kinda fuzzy on it, it was so amazing though... I also remember holding his hand to get my ticket and to wait for the train and we did a crossword on the train and kissed on the train and then walked to his house and spent almost 2 weeks together.

Comment

Ahh, I was just thinking about that moment the other day!

He came to Finland and I met him at this tiny airport.. I waited for ages for him to come through the arrivals door, it was agonising how long I had to wait Then he came through the door and I remember thinking how handsome he looked He didn't see me straight away but when he did, he started to smile and giggle sort of.. he didn't come towards me but turned away instead so I had to follow him >_> haha. When I got to him, we stared at each other for a few seconds and then hugged for about 30 minutes.. until the airport staff kicked us out

I remember shaking loads and.. ahhh.. I was a bit nervous but sooo so happy to finally be in his arms. He's told me that I've never squeezed him so tight since We shared our first kiss and 'I love you's at the airport as well.. it was amazing ♥

Comment

Ahh, I was just thinking about that moment the other day!

He came to Finland and I met him at this tiny airport.. I waited for ages for him to come through the arrivals door, it was agonising how long I had to wait Then he came through the door and I remember thinking how handsome he looked He didn't see me straight away but when he did, he started to smile and giggle sort of.. he didn't come towards me but turned away instead so I had to follow him >_> haha. When I got to him, we stared at each other for a few seconds and then hugged for about 30 minutes.. until the airport staff kicked us out

I remember shaking loads and.. ahhh.. I was a bit nervous but sooo so happy to finally be in his arms. He's told me that I've never squeezed him so tight since We shared our first kiss and 'I love you's at the airport as well.. it was amazing ♥

Comment

It seems that so many of us LDRers have somehow, one way or another (though I believe the internet plays a huge part in this), committed themselves to their SO before having actually met in person. Wow! I love this fact! A huge sigh of relief that I'm not alone and am certainly not a freak!

Shane and I met in person at the Brisbane Airport. His flight to come down and see me was only booked the night before while we chatted over a Skype call. It was organised in the blink of an eye and I couldn't believe that he was going to be here in less than 20 hours!

Naturally his flight was delayed, it was just what my nerves needed, extra time to get even somewhat more nervous, if that were at all possible. I decided the best place to wait would be right outside the Gate where I would be in direct sight when he reached the top of the ramp from exiting the plane. I remember the yellow shirt he wore, the denim shorts, the shoes and the socks. I remember the fishing magazine in one hand and the straw hat, which was a gift for me, in the other. I remember his eyes meeting mine and I remember the smile. We shared an awkward kiss on the cheek (ok so I went in for the lips and he went for the cheek, perfect gentleman) but it was the cuddle that followed which will always stay with me. He threw his mag and the hat down and took me in his arms. It was perfect, it was right, it was home.

Comment

When we first saw each other, we were very shy and we just giggled for a while. But on the first day, I gave him his first kiss (he never been kissed before) and it was a long one too! He's just as handsome as the guy I met on webcam. We really love each other and our relationship is serious. I've known him for a year and a half.

Comment

I remember it like it was yesterday...
                                Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010.

Brian took a bus to come see me, and because I live in an ungodly small town, I had to drive to the nearest bus station to get him (hour away).
                                When I finally pulled into the bus station, he wasn't there yet. So I sat in my car in the parking lot and waited. I've never been so nervous in my entire LIFE. I couldn't breathe, I was laughing, I was crying. It was extremely surreal.

Finally his bus got there and I was FREAKING OUT in my car. I mean screaming, almost crying. I was having a kanipshin. Brian got off the bus (I could only see him IN the bus. The door to get off was opposite of me so I didn't see him yet) and he grabbed his things. When he walked around the bus and I could see him, it was like my heart took over for me. I jumped out of the car, ran up to him and jumped on him. We said our I love you's. He smelled heavenly, he was warm and I could hear his heart beating. And then... We kissed. <3 It was like magic.

The entire way back to my house we kept sneaking glances at each other until finally I made a joke about it and he said "I'm sorry. I just keep thinking I'm dreaming. It's so surreal to be here with the love of my life." <3

Comment

Working...
                                X