No announcement yet.

"don't you think he's cheating on you right now?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess its a common thing..I have been told by people who dont know my boyfriend that he is for sure cheating on me because he sounds "too good to be true". I have been told this by some asshole guy that was trying to pick me up I was at the bar...how lame...

Point is I'm pretty sure none of us would do this or put our heart on the line like this if we didnt trust our SO.
    " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
    Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

Sometimes, people don't know it will hurt and do it. My best female friend loves teasing me, normally we banter and bash each other playfully all the time(a trait that has carried over into my relationship with my SO). But she sometimes makes needling remarks about my LDR, because she hasn't been in one either. I know she's not doing it to hurt me, because she would have flown me over to my SO this summer if she could(and gone with me), but in the end nobody really gets it until they experience one.

Comment

I get these a lot. Especially when I'm at school. They keep on asking me things like, "Are you sure he's not cheating on you?" or "How can you be sure that he doesn't have another girlfriend?" and several other questions.
        It's irritating when they do that. I know that I can trust my SO and I believe what he says. I just don't like it when they say things like that. I'm not sure what they're trying to do because they're not really helping and they don't sound concerned either. :| Just try to ignore them.
        "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
        a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
        which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
        - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
        regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
        The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
        - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

To be honest, I've only really had that problem once. A guy sent me an e-mail saying my girlfriend had sent him letters talking about cheating on me. I sided with my girl that day, because I have no reason at all to believe that she'll do anything like that. If he gives you no reason to believe he'll cheat on you, I'd believe him more than anything else. That, to me, is an indicator of true love: willingness to believe them over anyone else.
          National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

I'm good friends with my supervisor from work, and she knows all about my story.
            A group of us were chatting about my relationship in work and she asked that same question in front of everyone. There was an awkward silence.

I just said "just because he's further away from my doesn't mean he's going to cheat on me?". She is engaged, lives with her partner and is planning her wedding for January, yet she's had affairs with other guys and only about a month a go we all went out on a night out together and she was necking some bloke she was trying to go home with before christmas on another night out. I just walked away smiling to my self. Her and my manager (who's been married 20 years) cheat on their partners/husband.

I've got no doubt that my man couldn't even entertain the thought of cheating on me. We've gone through so much, and he's currently doing all that he can to get me back out there with him. He's put so much time and effort into making this work and to get my there with him that for either of us to cheat on each other is just dumb.

They live with their partners and they cheat on them. Distance really doesn't mean anything when it comes to being faithfull.

Comment

I'm good friends with my supervisor from work, and she knows all about my story.
              A group of us were chatting about my relationship in work and she asked that same question in front of everyone. There was an awkward silence.

I just said "just because he's further away from my doesn't mean he's going to cheat on me?". She is engaged, lives with her partner and is planning her wedding for January, yet she's had affairs with other guys and only about a month a go we all went out on a night out together and she was necking some bloke she was trying to go home with before christmas on another night out. I just walked away smiling to my self. Her and my manager (who's been married 20 years) cheat on their partners/husband.

I've got no doubt that my man couldn't even entertain the thought of cheating on me. We've gone through so much, and he's currently doing all that he can to get me back out there with him. He's put so much time and effort into making this work and to get my there with him that for either of us to cheat on each other is just dumb.

They live with their partners and they cheat on them. Distance really doesn't mean anything when it comes to being faithfull.

Comment

At one point we've all had people tell us that..

my friends say it all the time.
                "You don't know what he's doing right now, he could be with another girl"

JUST SHUTUP ALREADY!
                sigpic

Comment

Ugh. I hate stupid people who think they know more about my relationship than I do.
                  When my boyfriend and I were first apart, we hadn't said anything about being exclusive, but were very much in love, so we just assumed it was kind of implied.

But my close friend who I was traveling around with during the first 5 weeks (while I was traveling Europe and Loic was in California) told me I was foolish to think he'd be in california and not be sleeping around, and kept trying to convince me I should "keep it even" with one of the guys we met traveling. But having talked to Loic since, it didn't even cross his mind to do so much as kiss anyone else, and he was a bit surprised that I was worried about it, haha.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                  Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Originally posted by Hannahbaby16 View Post
                    At one point we've all had people tell us that..

my friends say it all the time.
                    "You don't know what he's doing right now, he could be with another girl"

JUST SHUTUP ALREADY!
                    Personally I wouldn't count them as a friend. There's a grand difference between being concerned and being an asshole.

Comment

I haven't gotten that line yet.
                      But I guess I wouldn't care either way. I mean yes, theoretically he could be cheating and there's very little chance (if any) I'd ever find out. It's not like one of my friends could stumble upon them making out on the street and I most likely wouldn't find her panties under my boyfriend's bed.
                      Am I worried about it? No.
                      If someone wants to cheat, they're going do it, long distance or not. "Temptations" are everywhere, they'll be there just the same no matter whether you live in the same house or not even on the same continent.
                      I'd never say "I know that my boyfriend won't cheat." because you never know. But that's the point, you can't know in CDRs either.
                      So as long as I'm happy with him, it's not something I worry about at all.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Working...
                      X