No announcement yet.

"you can't do that"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this on a friends page this morning.. :\ so lame that people think that way.

Comment

Originally posted by theyellowdart View Post

Saw this on a friends page this morning.. :\ so lame that people think that way.
      Ouch. And I suppose they'd say the same thing if their girlfriend was cybering with someone online?

Comment

The same thing happened to me with an ex. My high school bf and i were together for 2 years, broke up for like 4 days and got back together and celebrated our 3 year anniversary after that. His friend (who didn't like me for whatever reason) got in my face about it and started arguing that it wasn't really my anniversary and so on. I replied that you can't erase two years of good times because of a four day break up (and I told him to stfu, because it was none of his business).

My current SO is the best friend of another ex-bf of mine, and a lot of people have issues with us being together. Oddly enough, I don't think the ex is one of them. But a lot of their mutual friends take issue with it. As long as he and I are happy, I don't give a crap what they say or think.
        Why do you wait for me?
        How do you wait for me?
        I'm lost and alone without you here in my arms.
        I'm lost and alone without you here by my side.
        Here's a song for you, lovely
        Remember that it's for you only, for you only.
        My heart is caught in a landslide
        And it beats for you only, for you only.

-"My Lovely" by Eisley

Comment

What your friend said was completely unneccessary. I don't get why people can't keep these kinds of thoughts/opinions to themselves.

Comment

Well that was rude- my SO's best-friend has been together with his wife for nearly 8 years now, they broke up for a while after high school but got back together- they still say they've been together since high school and use that anniversary for the start of their relationship. It's no-one else's business when your anniversary is. I count the day I first met my SO as my anniversary, rather then the day we came "official"; it's totally up to you two what you count as your anniversary and no-one else's.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

do whatever makes both of you happy. forget those weird people around (:

Comment

Gosh, I just really don't like people like this! I say the same, don't care about it! it's your anniversary! And anytime I had the same situation like this (broke up and got back together) we used the original anniversary too... So just don't care about people like this! Go ahead

Comment

I had a conversation with my mom sort of about this, except it was her friend her married the same guy for the second time, I had asked "do you think they would still keep their first anniversary and second anniversary? I wonder how that works?" my mom didn't say anything so I guess it wasn't really a conversation... but it her friends case I would probably think the would stick to the second anniversary but in your case, there is nothing wrong with keep your anniversary! I honestly don't see a problem with that, it's not like there is a law out there saying you can't do that
                  Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

Originally posted by amandamayaaa View Post
                    so i had the most annoying experience last night

as all of you know eric and i broke up, but then got back together.. and since we never acted like we broke up we are still using our original anniversary. so the other day we both posted statuses about it being our one year and my old roommate from college posted this exactly.. "sorry hun, breaking up and getting back to gether and claiming your anniversery back to 2010 isn't really an anniversey"

that is so annoying! we can celebrate our anniversary whenever the hell we want to! she doesn't even know any of our story so it's annoying that she posted that. eric and i both posted stuff back saying it's our decision and blah blah blah

anyyyways, anyone else been told "you can't do that" in YOUR relationship?!
                    Glady noone told me that. my so and i broke up last year for 4 months, but like you we were still "together". i live in the same city as him, and would sleep in his house at least one time in the week. sometimes 2 or 3. and kiss and make love everytime. we just werent boyfriend and girlfriend anymore.
                    them we got back together. and i still counted our 2 years anniversary in jan as we never broke up. because it was 2 years we were together! now 2 years and a half.

so, dont care about this "friend" of yours, she wouldnt understand it anyway. do as you and your so think is better.
                    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

thats so.. so...
                      i dont even know what to say it is without cursing.
                      our story.

sigpic

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
                        Well that was rude- my SO's best-friend has been together with his wife for nearly 8 years now, they broke up for a while after high school but got back together- they still say they've been together since high school and use that anniversary for the start of their relationship. It's no-one else's business when your anniversary is. I count the day I first met my SO as my anniversary, rather then the day we came "official"; it's totally up to you two what you count as your anniversary and no-one else's.
                        yes, me and my boyfriend were like a couple since day one that we saw each other in person. i wasnt going out with noone else, and neither was he. but we only become oficial one month after (almost, we saw us 27 of december of 2008 and became a couple 26 of january of 2009). i count the 26 of january, because i think it was important, is when we decided we wanted to take that nice thing we had and make it for real, even with the distance we had at the time. we werent just enjoying being together. we WERE TOGETHER, FOR REAL. not that one month would make much difference, i know we are 'together' since dec 08, but the 26 of jan became really special for me.
                        our story.

sigpic

Comment

that deeply saddens me

Comment

My uncle and his wife have divorced and remarried more than once, and after they finally got their heads on straight and made solid relationship, they decided not to count the years separated, just the ones together. Do what you want! It's your life and relationship.

Comment

People can be so closed minded! Ignore them, your relationship is worth it, we know what's important.

Comment

Like everyone else has said, ignore them! Ananniversary is what you make of it, I take mine as being the first day I spoke to tom ( which is still the day i fell in love with him) where as others could take it from the first day you did the naughty or whatever. Me and tom broke up for a few days once...but we called each other pet names and said i love you and stuff, and we said we were 'lovebuddies' (like ****buddies xD ) but that didn't change our anniversary.
                                Personally I think the real problem (except for that girl being a jerk) is facebook. How I loathe the thing. I have had many people say incredibly rude things to me, and the arguments I have seen on facebook are terrible! I have seen relationships end through comments on facebook. /endfacebookrant

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. ~ Doug Fetherling

Comment

Working...
                                X