No announcement yet.

Your BF/GF online thinks about his/her ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am married to my husband (Feb 28th, 2011) but I have had to deal with his ex wifes' nonsense for allot longer. They were married for 14 years and yes, they have a history. Do they fight like most ex's, no. They are very civil to each other but I guess that's a southern thang. Does it worry me? Very little because he has earned my trust, which is very difficult to do. She lost him, by giving up on the marriage and walking out. Now he has a wife who adores him, appreciates him, takes good care of him, and supports his decisions. This is something that he didn't have with her. So, it is natural for then new gf/bf to be concerned. Does he think about her is the "I miss you" form? No.

Comment

I don't think he thinks about his relationships with them, but he is still friends with them, and they come up in conversations sometimes. I actually met one of his ex girlfriends on my visit there, just briefly. We went to her place to drop something off and all I remember from it was that she was amused that her dog still remembered him after not seeing him for a long time. I don't mind that they're still friends, I don't think he's ever given me reason to worry past my own insecurities.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiba View Post
        When i asked her why is she thinking of her ex, she replied "nothing, i just wondering why he suddenly stopped calling me. Maybe he is ok now." I don't know if this good or bad.. but somethings tells me that she liked being chased by her ex, i'm not sure though or maybe im just jealous about her ex..
        I think you are over thinking things. My ex used to constantly text me after we broke up. It drove me nuts, but I still wondered what happened when he stopped. I was happy because I hoped that meant he'd moved on. I don't want to be with my ex anymore, but I also don't want him to feel so depressed.

At the beginning of the relationship with my current "SO", he used to talk about his ex a lot. He still tells me that she is a great person and he misses her, but as a friend only. Does it make me a bit uncomfortable? Yes, absolutely. But I try to remember that it's great and very healthy that even though she broke his heart, he still respects her and has gotten over the hurt and anger. To me, that's a great sign that he's moved on.

Comment

Personally I try to make it a habit to not concern myself with his ex gf's. He's only had one very serious gf who has since moved and he has no contact with her. it's been about 6 years since they've been together, and i know that she was a huge part of his life, so he must think of her from time to time. I mean, I've had many serious boyfriends and still think of them sometimes. it's not that i miss them, because i most certainly do not, but there are things we've done together, places we've been together, that have made a huge difference in my life, and I think about them.

I know it hurts to hear that she was thinking about someone else, but you have to remember that there's a reason she's with you and not with him.If she's wondering why he didn't call her, it could just be what someone else said that she's just wondering why. Or it could be her way of letting you know that he hasn't called her lately. Whatever it is, wouldn't you rather her tell you if he was or wasn't calling her, rather then hiding it from you?
          Why do you wait for me?
          How do you wait for me?
          I'm lost and alone without you here in my arms.
          I'm lost and alone without you here by my side.
          Here's a song for you, lovely
          Remember that it's for you only, for you only.
          My heart is caught in a landslide
          And it beats for you only, for you only.

-"My Lovely" by Eisley

Comment

Working...
          X