Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knhdarw View Post
    they didnt approve they do not want me with him long term :"(
    Ohh man, sorry. I hope they gave you some reasons why? I'd listen objectively to what they have to say (sometimes parents have insights into other people that we may not always see), but if they're just not happy with the long-distance aspect of the relationship, hopefully they'll come around in time.

Comment

they Dont think he's good enough for me because we want to different things outta life or so they say i'm in college majoring in pre-med and he works for the government been there since he was 19 has a year of college under his belt in computer science. they also feel that he's not handsome enough for me, and that he acts weird, and nerd the things that attracted me to him are the same things my parents despise i guess you could say. My sister also doesn't like the way he talks to me she says he's mean but honestly he freaked out because of his brand new Hat i thought it was funny and once we got alone i told him he needed to chill and quite being a A** that he wasnt gonna make a good impression on my family by acting so stupid and he apologized and we moved on. My parents didnt but other than that he did nothing wrong on our trip together for him to come see me and go on vaca with my family for 5 days he spent $900-1000 and i spent about $400 which is way more then my parents paid for the trip and their saying that he can not support me financially and that in the long run i'm not gonna be happy with him because were to different. My parents well my mom said i have grace and carry myself well but i told her i know who i have to do that with but when i;m with my friends or my SO i can let my hair down and truly be me. It sucks cause not only am i crying because he left on tuesday and i may not see him for 7 months but my parents are gonna make it hard and i'm banking on them trying to forbid me to be able to go to see him in december like ive been planning. and idk what i would do if that happened its hard enough for me to wait 3 months let alone 7 :"( prays are welcome cause this is a horrible time for me right now and there nothing i feel i can do i feel alone @ my house and the one person i wanna run to is 1000 miles away

Comment

thats you jester prayers are the only thing we can do about this situation i think because my parents dont wanna listin to me or they get mad and just start yelling. Ive been praying alot over the past 4 days for god to heal my relationships with my family and that they will see that this is a good thing not a bad one and that god has his hand on me and my BF during this cause he's just as sad as i am. i think its harder on him then it is me

Comment

we both met each other's parents. I was s00o0o0o0o0o nervous meeting his. But after I met them, it was a huge relief. They made me feel so comfortable & welcome. Very loving & accepting people. Every time I go to DC, we always take a weekend to spend with his parents. We wouldn't have it any other way & when Ben comes here we always spend time with my parents. They also accept things & love him. they're just getting a little bit weee anxious for a ring to be put on my finger :0

Comment

Okay so my SO and my mom met yesterday. I of course wasn't able to be there since I am 425 miles away from my mom and with him being a truck driver it is hard for me to be where he is. I haven't met his parents though. He said it went good and everything but there are some issues. I asked my mom what she though about him and she said he was okay and told me they just talked about random things even including me but wouldn't say what. Later on when talking to my mom she said that my best friend who was going to meet with them since he knows her and it would be a little easier to break the ice had called her and asked how it went. My mom told her that it didn't matter who I ended up with as long as I loved them and he loved me and that our life was centered around God so she didn't have to like him and that is all that mattered. She also stated that it didn't matter anyway cause she wasn't going to spend the rest of her life with him I would be. I am in a conundrum with this. What my mom said doesn't change the fact that I love this man with all my heart but I think it would be easier if she at least liked him. I am in need of some advice on what to do. I am so confused.

Comment

June- we are in the same boat hunni but from ALL the advice ive gotten and from what i feel in my heart it doesnt matter what our parents think @ the end of the day its us that have to be happy with ours guys not them and we love them no one should get in between that

Comment

Just had to give a little update. All is well and all went well with the meeting of my mother and SO. I was finally able to talk to my mother about everything and she said she did like him and everything. So my fears are gone and all is great. He even said he would stop by and meet with her again when he drove through. Now for me to meet his parents. Hope it goes as well. Just got to figure out when.

Comment

Working...
                X