Video Games, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Games, help!

So video games are a HUGE part of my life, I'm a very big gamer, even more so than my boyfriend probably. However, that didn't stop him from buying some of the games I play, in order to have fun with me since were long distance. Video Games are the main way me and my Long Distance boyfriend connect other than Skype. But lately we've been wanting something new to play together.

Now my question for all of you LD couples is, what online games would you recommend for us to play together? Were looking for Playstation 3 and POSSIBLY a few computer games to buy. We already play Army of Two: The 40th day, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Lost Planet 2, and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood but were looking to expand beyond those.

As for what type of games we enjoy, me and my boyfriend both love our "violent games'. Were more into realistic than cute games (like say Little Big Planet) We also LOVE free roam games, role playing games, and shooting games. We dislike EA sports games and World of Warcraft too by the way. Also, my boyfriend and I would prefer a game we could 'beat together'.

If you could offer suggestions, I'd really appreciate the advice! Thank you!!!

Beat Resident Evil 5 together. Its like what 20 bucks now XD

Comment

Home front, Kill Zone, Could always get Call of Duty MW and MW2 (MW= Modern warfare) They're old but still good games online and stuff, personally i think the online is better than Black Ops. Me and my SO play on Black Ops a lot but only really for zombies and we normally go in a 4 group with my brother and his sister :P If your wanted to download something onto the PC, try Perfect World? You can do missions and just roam around and get points by doing things? Me and my SO play that too.

Comment

Left 4 Dead is fun, I play it with my BF on the PC. Apparently Bioshock 2 has an online PS3 multiplayer mode, but I'm not familiar with it. I do mostly PC games, so of those, I can recommend Neverwinter Nights, Magicka (little buggy though), Team Fortress 2...

Comment

My boyfriend and I love playing Team Fortress 2 together. It's such a fun game. You can get it for the PS3, Xbox, PC, and Mac. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Fortress_2

Also, I'm so jealous. I wanna play AC: Brotherhood soooo badly but I don't have a PS3, Xbox, or a pc that can handle it. Jeloooouuuusss.

Comment

My boyfriend and I play 4Story. It's sort of like a knock off of WoW, but free.

Comment

Originally posted by Sano View Post
              I 2nd that! It's a brilliant game

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Originally posted by Sano View Post
              I 2nd that! It's a brilliant game
              As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Thanks everybody for the suggestions! Me and my boyfriend looked up a variety of games last night. He seemed to like Perfect World, as for Home Front/Killzone/MW we decided those are too much like Black Ops and Army of Two (we might get them, just alittle later is all)

We settled on getting Dead Rising 2 since it has co - op storymode, killing zombies, and fun mini games we can do together. Then after we get tired of that, I believe we'll be getting Resident Evil 5

Again thank you guys! If anyone has anymore suggestions, keep them coming! I wanna stock up on good video games this summer. ;D

Comment

My boyfriend jeeps trying to get me to play with Rift with him, but it won't load on Mac i've heard it is pretty fun, though!

Comment

My boyfriend and I use Steam to play games online.... right now we're playing Team Fortress 2... fun shooting game.

Comment

Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 are fun!
                      I met my bf playing that game! lmao

Comment

My boyfriend & I are dedicated fans of Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, L4D2, Killing Floor, and Animal Crossing.
                        Since we both have Steam, we buy games through Steam and play games while chatting at the same time, and I strongly recommend L4D2 and Team Fortress 2. <3

Gamer couples FTW.

Comment

my boyfriend and I are hooked on league of legends. but it gets frustrating when you don't win! still fun to play for the lulz.

Comment

I'm personally completely devoured by Warcraft 3 again, a game that never gets old. Sure not your style.
                            As of killing things I had a great time with my friends playing Killing Floor. It's a bit like L4D, just that here the zombies/mutants comes in waves and you have an area you must work together to defend, rather then running down a predetermined path killing everything in your way. It was set for some magical last stands in a barn or a room with all the confusion and screams that comes along with it.
                            Other then that you always have Battlefield multiplayer.

Comment

Borderlands is awesome me and my SO played that for months!! Also we are currently playing Portal 2, not quite role play but we both had a lot fun as we had to use our brains and work together to get through it.

Comment

Working...
                              X