X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont really know how to feel

Sorry my other post was kind of long
    But that other stuff happened.
    Anyway I ended up telling him that if august wasn't good, he should just give me a date he an stick to next year and I'll book a flight. I guess that sent him into panic mode and he started texting me repeatedly even when I was in class and when I got home he called me begging me to come in August which before he said was a bad time but not its okay because he desperate because he thinks I'll break up with him. (I dont want to repost the same things over)
    But we were on the phone for like 3 hours the beginning was him pleading with me to come in August after he said no and stressed me out then he jumped ship and started talkinig about how fat he thought he was then he asked me how much I weighed and I didnt want to tell him and he just started pesturing me about but the whole time saying it doesnt matter then he got upset because I "couldn't trust him enough to confide things like that in him." I thought the whole thing was stupid but he just kept pesturing me and it just stressed me out to the point I didnt want to talk to him at all. Then he asked for more pictures of me and I just sent him some earlier this week (the bad kind) and I told him I hate taking any kind of pictures because Im self conscious of the way I look but I have in the past because he said it would make him happy. I told him I didnt want to and he just kept pesturing me saying he doesn't understand how big of deal it is that I cant send pictures to the person I love and the ones that I have sent are not full on or something and I was just really tired of talking to him and he just finally dropped it after I told him it didnt seem like he was respecting my feelings. I just dont see why he can't understand because it took him forever to send me a picture and he's still reluctant unless he wants to send me his man parts which I dont really need to see. Probably the last hour was less strained and we laughed a little bit but I still dont know how I feel about this whole thing. I dont know what Im suppose to be feeling and right now Im just feeling like this isnt going to work. I know I love him and he constantly tells me how much he loves me and wants us to be happy together ... but I dont know. I dont feel as confident as I did before.

Honestly if he keeps putting off the meetings, you really honestly need to reconsider your relationship with him and if it's really worth making plans to meet up just to always have them shot down because of him. Don't put the meeting off until next year, i'd give him an ultimatum and say either the meeting happens in September or we are over, explain to him that it was a hard decision but i have to do what's best for me and that i can't keep hoping and waiting for a meeting that from what it sounds like will never happen. (i would of posted this in the other thread, but i'm posting it here)

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

The fact that he's pressuring you into sending pictures and telling him your weight raises red flags for me. If he's hesitant to send you pictures of things other than his man bits, he should be understanding of why you don't want to send your own pictures. Have you ever skyped? That could be a nice way to get to see each other. If he really loves you, he doesn't need to know how much you weigh!!

And I agree with Riyko with regards to the visit. You shouldn't have to keep being let down!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
      Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I don't want to be debbie downer here, but I read your other thread and this is all very concerning. Have you ever skyped or been on cam with this guy? Have you met any of his friends or family or talked to them over the phone? Are you absolutely sure he is who he says he is? If you do go to meet him in August, meet him in a public place and don't go alone. Something isn't right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mara View Post
          I don't want to be debbie downer here, but I read your other thread and this is all very concerning. Have you ever skyped or been on cam with this guy? Have you met any of his friends or family or talked to them over the phone? Are you absolutely sure he is who he says he is? If you do go to meet him in August, meet him in a public place and don't go alone. Something isn't right here.
          I didn't even consider that. That's a very good point though, as tough to face as that is.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Yeah, this sounds weird. At least skype with him first, then you'll actually see eachother and there shouldn't have to be anything to worry about.

Comment

i have to agree with everyone here. Something smells fishy! It seems like he would be really excited to get to meet you and would do what he could to make it happen those 6 times in the past. Something just seems really off with this whole situation. Don't let your heart get in the way of your better judgement!

Comment

I have talked to his friends before and he's talked to mine. Its been a year now since we've been together. I've been trying to get someone to go with me, pretty much if my sister goes with me I'll have to pay her way for everything and my friends are all complaining about being strapped for cash so I dont really know what to do. Unfortunately his dad doesn't like me just because he doesnt want his son with a black girl.
                Thanks for all the advice. Its been quite a while since I thought about leaving him. The last time was when were fighting alot in november and when we fight now I always start thinking about those time again. Im just going to have to talk to him seriously about us. I just hate it when he starts panicking.

Comment

I havent skyped with him, but he has sent me a few photos of him and not his man parts but he just asks for much more pictures than I do and I had to ask for a while to get the pictures he did send me. I'll have to get a webcam and stuff first though, hell maybe a new laptop. He's said before that he's afraid that I like him now but after I see him in person I wont like him anymore.

Comment

After I got really distant the first time he said he had to cancel in august he's been asking me to change my mind and keep the august plans but that doesn't make me feel good about it. I haven't lost either of my parents,(and I could be wrong for thinking this way) but I could understand if his mom's birthday is the first week in august wanting to spend that week and weekend with your family, but I don't know about your dad being upset about him not being under him for the entire month.

Comment

Working...
                    X