Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been sick when you're with your SO? Or the other way around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone for contributing! Nice to see that each person has different experiences during LDR and when they're meeting each other. Having our SOs near us when we're sick definitely makes us feel a lot better.
    Kerry: I'm sorry to hear that. What kind of surgery if I may ask? I hope things go well soon.

Comment

We've been sick a few times- usually just a cold or something. But one of our last visits before he left to go overseas for a year, we planned a romantic New Years Eve dinner at a fancy restaurant and night at a nice hotel. We got all dressed up, walked to the restaurant, and as soon as we opened the door and smelled the food, he had to go straight to the bathroom with the stomach flu. He was sick all night. And then I got sick a couple of days later with the same thing. It was heartbreaking. Luckily, I got to see him again before he left (we weren't sure if we would be able to), so we got to make up for the weekend of sickness. He takes very good care of me, though.

Comment

Oh yes I got a nasty cold right before our trip to Paris! I sure as heck did not let it stop me from seeing the sights and enjoying our stay in the lovely hotel ooh la la

Comment

Originally posted by bluishskin View Post
          Thanks everyone for contributing! Nice to see that each person has different experiences during LDR and when they're meeting each other. Having our SOs near us when we're sick definitely makes us feel a lot better.
          Kerry: I'm sorry to hear that. What kind of surgery if I may ask? I hope things go well soon.
          Thank you. my bf is very sick. his latest thing is his heart. he might have to have heart surgery. his doctors have already told him that he's a prime candidate for a heart attack or stroke. we're just waiting for a diagnosis and hopefully they can treat him. when we finally meet for the 1st time next month... well I just hope he's alive...

Comment

Dear Kerry, so sorry again to hear that. I know how it feels when your loved one is very sick. Be strong, sugar, I'm sure the doctors will do best to treat him and I truly hope that you both will see each other next month. May God give him good health and bless you both, amen.

Comment

I was just lurking on this thread, But I haven't met my SO, so I don't really have any stories for this. However, Kerry, I wish your SO all the luck/good health in the world. My SO recently got a pacemaker for heart related issues, and it's scary to hear about surgery in such an important area. There's plenty of medical advancements that have been made, so even if the diagnosis isn't nice, they can do something. Again, good luck, all of it.

Comment

When my SO came to visit me right after we started dating i had mono and I told him i wouldn't kiss him cuz i didn't want to get him sick.. he's in the military and there really isn't any sick leave.. they work you pretty much no matter what. Then he told me he had already had mono before.. so it all worked out... but i did spend a lot of time sleeping while he was here.

Comment

i havent but she has. she got a little bit of heatstroke while visiting me in the summer, i felt really bad about that as she is only used to 60-70 degree weather and at that moment it was in the upper 80's to lower 90's she was shaking she was so overheated all i could do was lay in my bed with her and blast the fan but we semi cuddled and talked for a good few hours before she finally cooled down, and when i went to visit her she got a cold for a few days

Comment

I'll probably be on my period when I meet my S.O. unless my cycle decides to come early in July, so I'll be crampy and irritable... haha.

First Met Online: October 2010
                    First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                    Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                    First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                    Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                    Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                    Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                    Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

In February when I went to visit my fiance I got sick. It was on Valentines day right after we got back from dinner. I ended up being in the hospital the entire next day with a 103.5 fever. I'm still getting bills from that $8,000+

I ended up being passed out on nyquil the entire time
                      So we ended up extending my trip for another week longer.
                      I just laid in his bed watching Netflix lol.
                      He took good care of me.
                      Bought or brought me whatever I wanted or needed.
                      & didn't make me feel bad that I didn't feel well enough to kiss, let alone have sex.
                      Everything hurt, I was horribly sore, my skin ached, my head was constantly throbbing.
                      All I did was sleep and whine because I felt so horrible

He's amazing. I guess that's why we've been together for over 4 years lol

Comment

The first ever time my SO visited my house I was sick the whole week he was here. I've been sick a lot of times and he's always took great care of me.

He's been sick (or should I say injured) too a few times and now is my turn to look after him when he's having problems with his lung. Also I will be a fulltime nurse for the next 2 months if he has surgery - I should probably buy a nurse outfit ready

Comment

Once when we were CD I got some sort of stomach flu and was only allowed to eat plain foods like rice and bread, and water. So when we were hanging out together, he insisted on eating the same as me, which was really sweet

Last week, my SO got some mild food poisoning from a diner we ate at. He was laying weak as a kitten and his stomach was hurting really bad. I just put him to bed and cuddled with him until he went to sleep.... then left him be when he needed bathroom time... We had this discussion months ago then seeing as we're going to be married, eventually something like this would happen and he told me he hoped it would be me first! Charming! haha He asked me what he could do if I got sick like that, I said "Go to the other side of the house and turn the TV up REALLY loud"; that made him double up laughing

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I haven't yet been seen with my SO. Although I know he would take care of me if I was ill and he was with me. I loose my patience when I'm sick. Lucky I have very few sick days.

Comment

thanks bluishskin and ClipsItsWings. he heard from his doctor and at this point he doesn't need heart surgery but he's still has other medical ailments that make him very sick. its not always easy for me because I can't take care of him from all of these miles away but that just makes me love him more.

Comment

hmm well i get terrible periods and i'm on the pill again to help, but when i'm on i don't get..moody or irritable anymore, i just get pain! which is good cos the moodiness was awful.. once i stayed home from college feeling ill & i'd come out with a rash, he went downstairs and prepared breakfast and lunch for me before going to work <3 then at night i was still in bed feeling sick and when he was done with work he just lay there for ages with me holding me and stroking my hair <3 <3
                                he hasn't been sick sick yet, although gets a little run down? so i do the same for him and make him a nice lunch, lots of cups of teas, make sure hes okay and is he comfortably rested <3 hehe xx

Comment

Working...
                                X