No announcement yet.

Would you relocate for true love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that tjis is way too simplified. Don't say you would relocate until you've done it and handled it, because its just not as simple as all that...
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I put i'd go anywhere but thinking about it.... there would be a few places that i couldn't as my childrens safety is paramount and i would risk harm to them to make me happy. But im a pretty adaptable person so i dont think it would be too bad and i would have my best friend with me and if we didnt like it... we could always move lol
      As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I went with the first choice both my SO and I are pretty flexible and have adaptative qualities. we could live almost anywhere. when we chose to unite our lives we did so because for us family comes first. for now, our family unit is just us two, so we can handle being LD for a while, in hopes of a better future.... i'm pretty sure that accompanied by the right partnership, you can accomplish pretty much anything you set your heart and mind on.

i just wanted to add that this is how i feel because we've already been through so many changes together... we'd been a couple for over 6 years, and practically lived together for four... if you had asked me this before, i would have said no way.

you can also see this question in another way. we've been LD for two years now because my SO relocated for love. he moved for us to have a better life, and a better start for our family <3
        Last edited by ioanna; July 1, 2011, 01:52 PM.
        Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
        And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
        ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

I picked the second option.
          Some part of me say I could live everywhere, but the other part knows that there's a lot of places I couldn't live.
          In less than 3 years I'm moving to Japan. I can do that since I speak the language and know the culture. I would have a hard time living a place I didn't know the language. Then it at least had to be a location where I probably could learn the language fast (like Korea - since Korean has the same grammar as Japanese).

Comment

I think that i would just want to be together. we could compromise. :]

Comment

I did.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
              - A. A. Milne

Comment

Yes, I definitely would and plan on doing just that next year. I picked "anywhere" because I'm super adaptable. I've lived in 3 other countries besides my home country including my SO's country- Nicaragua- where I dealt with no running water and almost daily blackouts. I'm interested in a career in international humanitarian work, which could take me anywhere. As long as the location is not an active war zone (for example- I wouldn't go to Afghanistan as an NGO worker), I would be open to going and experiencing the culture.

Comment

I can't. I have three children and an ex that shares joint custody with me. We have agreed to a 30 mile distance limit. My kids come first.
                  NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I will be moving to a different country next year (hopefully) to be with my SO. I would move anywhere to be with him as long as there is scope for my professional and personal endeavors.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
                    I can't. I have three children and an ex that shares joint custody with me. We have agreed to a 30 mile distance limit. My kids come first.
                    Yes they do! Your position is totally understandable!
                    Met Online : July 2013
                    Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                    2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                    3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                    Proposal : December 2014
                    Closed distance : February 2015
                    Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

I sure as hell wouldn't leave the country or move to a more Conservative state. I might be a Conservative, but with the whole gay and trans thing, most others hate me. It's part of the reason I'm scared to register as a Republican XP. I feel fat enough, I don't need people calling me a RINO (Republican in name only) ;_;! Like I said, I wouldn't leave the United States, I'm not willing to give up my citizenship here. It sucks right now, but I like living in the United States. Where else can I buy a gun with such ease? Though some health insurance would be nice... We're fixing that though :'D. Soon I will have both my guns and health insurance @_@!

Comment

I would yes As long as I keep my NZ citizenship
                        Thankfully I can get UK citizenship too since my Dad is English which opens up options too.

My SO lives 11,500 miles away so obviously one or both of us would have to move. We have talked about it a lot
                        I am totally willing! Although like others have said I wouldn't do it blindly. There would have to be a lot of planning involved, especially if I move to Germany as I would need to learn the language as well

Comment

At first, I really wanted him to move here, but now, I honestly couldn't care. Obviously it would still be easier for me if he moved here, but I just want to be with him. That's what matters.
                          Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                          First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

We don't really have any obligations or complications so I'd pretty much move anywhere.

Comment

I did move anywhere for true love about a month ago. My kids and I moved here, despite not knowing anyone but their dad, who is about an hour away. I have no regrets!

Comment

When we started dating, I thought we'd live here for the rest of our lives. But his job will most likely take us to a different state. As in, one with a completely different culture. I'm a southern country girl and he is somewhat country, but mostly a city boy. and we'd end up in the city or suburbs. I told him. If we move up north. I will not lose my accent and he will get me a golden retreiver. In return, he promises to get somewhere with land so I can farm a bit For him we will have modern technology and sharp knives for cooking ^_^ *giggles* its fun to imagine the future, even if its not where you think it will be

Comment

Working...
                                X