Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else deal with super limited phone/real voice contact? Advice pls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second the phone card. It would be ridiculously expensive to call China directly on my cellphone, but a $10 phone card gets me 500 minutes, or $30 for 2 1000 minute ones. And I think international mail is just slow, but in the end still very appreciated. My first letter to China took 5 weeks, the next 3, the next 3 again. >>

Comment

When we first became long distance, I used a phone card I found online via nobel.com and that rate was 16 cents per minute (best rate I found)....but it had a surcharge and 4 minute rounding and we kept getting cut off (not sure why), so my minutes went quick. After that, I used pingo.com which was 21 cents per minute but the service was really terrible. Now I'm with rebtel and I'm pretty happy with the service, it's just so expensive. From my cell phone would be something like 45 cents per minute, have never tried that and never will!

I think I'm just out of luck, b/c I have noticed certain countries like mexico, china & india have super cheap rates meanwhile my SO's country is super expensive. $10 for 50 minutes is really nothing, the time goes by so quick and I feel so bad when I have to say goodbye and tell him I'll call him again in a week.

I'm definitely going to start mailing letters. I ordered some cute stationery b/c the stores really have a limited selection. There is no address system there tho...I asked his address and it's something like "250 meters south of the soccer field, 1/2 a block up, across the street from the old church". I pray that it will eventually get there!

Comment

Working...
      X