No announcement yet.

Weight loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zumba looks like so much fun! The last time I was at the gym there was a class going on and I wish I would have gotten there in time because I wanted to join.

Any type of movement other than your regular every day movement will help you out.

Along with exercise, are you modifying the way you eat?

Comment

the way i see it

is that you can eat as MUCH as you want

as long as you BURN the same amount

it's all about difference of INPUT > OUTPUT

obviously if you eat less ... and work more (exercise)

Then you'll lose weight ..

but all you have to do is eat moderately and and work harder

-A

<3

Comment

I lost a lot of weight last year simply by not eating meat anymore. I switched to veggie meat alternatives which I love! I also lived 1/2 from both campus and the grocery store so I walked absolutely everywhere, which helped too. Now I'm back at my parent's house, I eat meat and don't have reason to walk so much, I've put the weight back on, which is concerning, as I bought my wedding dress when I was smaller, so right now, I know I won't fit in it o_O I want to start going swimming or take zumba classes- they sound like great fun! But until I have a job, I can't pay for classes so I'll have to stick to taking long walks for now.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

The trick is, like people said, to eat less energy. Telling people to just eat less can lead in to situations where a person is actually eating too little, or then starving herself because they're thinking that hunger is part of weight loss or that they cannot lose weight by eating normal amounts of food. So what you basically should do is to eat decent portion sizes. If you let yourself eat too little and be hungry, it's more likely to lead into binging more food.

If you're overweight (or at least very over weight), then there's probably something not right with your eating habits, and you should seek for a permanent change, not some miracle diet. Nobody can go years with just "eat less, exercise more" because its message isn't always understood correctly. The changes should be little steps at first, eating more veggies, choosing more fibre rich products, choosing healthy fat (like olive oil) etc so that they become a life lasting habit. I recommend everyone to find a healthy way to lose weight, without hunger and with a good pace, no miracle diets, no "10 pounds a month" diets, because I've seen and experienced it with my own eyes where a "wrong" way can take you.
          "Everyone smiles in the same language."

Comment

I eat everything and anything

but i do everything and anything

so @ the end of errrrday . im sooper tired

then ZZZ

life story

-A

Comment

Originally posted by bethanymkeegan View Post
              Along with exercise, are you modifying the way you eat?
              I've been trying to. It's hard sometimes with work because sometimes the time I have doesn't allow me to eat what I should so I grab something quick. ><

Originally posted by nicole View Post
              I lost a lot of weight last year simply by not eating meat anymore. I switched to veggie meat alternatives which I love! I also lived 1/2 from both campus and the grocery store so I walked absolutely everywhere, which helped too. Now I'm back at my parent's house, I eat meat and don't have reason to walk so much, I've put the weight back on, which is concerning, as I bought my wedding dress when I was smaller, so right now, I know I won't fit in it o_O
              This I've been able to do. And it is somewhat difficult since I'm Argentinan and we loooove meat jaja. My problem was living on campus.The food choices are so unhealthy and my campus is really small so walking around campus doesn't do too much, though I'm sure it does something! I put most of the weight back on during this past year. And yah, its frustrating :c

Originally posted by Laura_N View Post
              If you're overweight (or at least very over weight), then there's probably something not right with your eating habits, and you should seek for a permanent change, not some miracle diet.
              There definitely is something wrong with my eating habits. I've tried baby steps at first and then bam. I fell right back into my sugar thing. Like I said I have a huge sweet tooth :c I've been a lot better about fixing that then I was a while back though. So the baby steps are working for something.

Comment

I never try zumba but watching them selling it on qvc it looks really fun! Weight loss is very hard work but in the end is worth it! you feel better about yourself and you feel better about everything around you
                I do weight watchers and richard simmons dvds which i love! bc i am not a big fan of a gym i like to do it at home
                Good luck with weight losss and LDR

Comment

Working...
                X