No announcement yet.

Long Distance VS. High School Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it really depends on the couple that are involved in the relationship. I have friends who are high school sweet hearts, went to different colleges so was LRD for 4 years, managed to keep the relationship alive LRD and CD and got married recently.

In both romance it's all about trust and compromise. If both parties are willing to work out their difference and make a pack it will work out no matter how old, young, distance or not.

Comment

My parents were high school sweethearts and have been happily married for thirty years. My grandparents were the same way and have been married fiftythree years, although that was a different time period. I think it depends on the person. I am in an LDR with my high school boyfriend but we did have a break between high school and college to see other people (about a month and a half) before we decided we wanted to be with each other. My parents did that as well and ended up together.
      Mainly it depends on the relationship. There is no set in stone equation, especially since the two categories are not mutually exclusive.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I think it just depends on the people
        Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

My best friend and I are both sides of the spectrum.
          She and her high school romance (She's 21 now, btw) are planning their wedding for early 2013.
          I'm in an LDR, and planning to go through the fiance visa process as soon as I can definitively nail down my graduation date.
          I think it depends on the people. To last though, either relationship requires maturity.

First Met Online: October 2010
          First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
          Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
          First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
          Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
          Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
          Engaged!: June 1, 2013
          Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

All I know is it sucks to be in both at the same time :/

Comment

What about high school relationships that become long distance? That's what I'm in right now and for us it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Reuschel View Post
                What about high school relationships that become long distance? That's what I'm in right now and for us it works.
                I am too.

Comment

I'm in high school and in an LDR I guess I'm just messin with the odds here :P but I think as long as both partners stay committed to the relationship and each other any kind of relationship can last be it high school or LD. But I'd have to say long distance usually wins out over high school romances for the fact that most people in a LDR are more mature by leaps and bounds.

Notes:
                  Met: 8.17.09
                  Started Dating: 8.20.09
                  First Met: 10.2.10
                  Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I'm also in Highschool and LDR as well haha. its working out fine tbh. every other girl just seems to be so much more uglier since i have someone to call my own. :P haha. and if you know me and SO well enough, were both head over heels for each other. nothings coming between us whatsoever .
                    My favorite text message conversation:

Tobby:love ko! what are you doing?
                    Nika:learning how to cook love ko.
                    Tobby:cooking? please put some in a plastic bag and send some to me so i can taste it! <3
                    Nika: weh? your silly! I'm learning how to cook so when we get married, I'll be cooking all your meals love ko. <3
                    Tobby:your so sweet.<3 marry me now? hahaha
                    Nika: We're still kids love ko, lets wait until we're more mature, but you know my answer will be yes, whenever you ask!
                    Tobby:I love you so much! You're the one for me, I'll wait as long as i need to love ko. love you!
                    Nika:I love you too! call me Nika Sy now.. hehe
                    Tobby: Addict!
                    Nika: Addicted! <3

Comment

No clue ^^
                      My current relationship is high school love turned into an LDR
                      So I'm inclined to say it depends

Comment

I'm still in a relationship with my current SO/high school sweetheart. We were long distance for most of the year because I went away to college and he attended a local university. We've been together nearly six years and ended the distance in August when his co-op in Atlanta ended and he moved back home. We're both college graduates and just got engaged in September.

It can happen.

Comment

Working...
                        X