How long was your first visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long was your first visit

I joined a few weeks ago, and mentioned I may be going to visit my SO. It looks like I will be going 8/26!!! I will get there Friday evening and will have to head back Sunday. So, I was just wondering how long your first visit and/or how long you talked before actually meeting.

We talked off and on for a few years, lost touch when he met someone else, and a few months ago we started talking again (everynight-sometimes twice a day)since he is single again and we have really hit it off and it feels right. Of course there are those in my family who say it is way too soon to meet, but each couple has to do what feels right for them. And we are at the age now, where I feel it is better to meet now and see if we actually connect in person-and I guess that is why it is better to keep the first visit short since he isn't actually out of the country.

I did the same. Friday to Sunday - well, I flew back monday, but she had to go home sunday night (stupid work)

However, we decided I was visiting less than a month before I did. When she visits this december, it should be a week.

I only met her in April, started dating in May, and visited in July.

Love you forever and forever
    Love you with all my heart
    Love you whenever we're together
    Love you when we're apart.

Comment

My SO and I met in September 2009. We became a couple in November 2009. We had our first meeting in January 2010. I stayed for five weeks. It was a huge trip (Germany to New Zealand) and really expensive. We wanted to make the most out of that.

Comment

we met online and started our relationship on may 25 2009. We talked and were together 2 years before he came here. His first visit and our first meeting was for 8 weeks. He came from scotland to california. It was an amazing visit together <3
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

Thanks everyone! I could definitely see where if you are leaving the country you want to try to stay longer and make the most out of your time together. I hope things work out for us to where we will want to visit longer the next time. I am so nervous, but excited!

Comment

it took her a year to finally visit me, and she was here for 2 and half weeks

Comment

It took me five years to get my arse to Canada, and I stayed 7 weeks.

Like NaNi And Boogle, the trip is so expensive for us long visits are the only viable option.
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

My visit was from Wednesday until Monday but on Sunday we decided to extend my trip until Friday. Like you said, you have to do what feels right. You and your partner are the only ones who can decided when the time is right.
                sigpic

Comment

Our first (and only) meeting was 1.5 years into the relationship and lasted for 3 weeks. We wanted to spend as much time together as possible for $1500 and 20+ hours of flying one way.

Comment

A year or so into the relationship we met for the first time it was supposed to be friday-sunday but crap got in the way and if was from saturday afternoon to sunday morning so less than 24 hours v.v it was freakin awful tease to be honest.

Notes:
                    Met: 8.17.09
                    Started Dating: 8.20.09
                    First Met: 10.2.10
                    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
                      it took her a year to finally visit me, and she was here for 2 and half weeks
                      Thanks Caitlin! BTW, I like your profile pic. Which one of you is Caitlin? I need to find a decent pic of myself and put up here. Maybe I will get a good one on my trip in a few weeks :-)

Comment

I met my SO in October 2010 few days after his bday. We met accidentally in Macau both of us on holiday. He invite me to visit Germany in May-June 2011. Its only 10 days, but i made it sound like Aerosmith song "I don't wanna miss a thing" i tooke over 3900 pictures of us, him, and my self.

When you're with your SO and you're in LDR togetherness is something that really meant for you, so enjoy every single bit of it, 10 days, 3 days, 2 hours... every single laugh or every single fight hahaha... enjoy it... we did had arguments and disagreement. But when i am back to Indonesia and to think about it.. even when its happens it made me cry.. now i feel i am glad we do had the fight or arguments (we argue over small things e.g autobahn exit, me listen to car radio too laud that he can not hear the stupid gps--but we make it up as soon as we start it hahah)

Its just made everything more spicy...

Thats what we call memories!

Comment

Our first visit was about 10 days, we met at around 7 months or something like that, although we had planned on it being much sooner, but work got in the way. I wish we could do long visits, but we're limited to our given vacation time.
                          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Our very first visit when we were together in 1997 was 2 weeks. But that was after we had been together for almost a year. When he came last summer to visit and we got back together, he was here for 1 week.

Comment

I met my LDR for the 1st time on my visit to see him last month and I was there for 1 week.

Comment

Working...
                              X