Honeymoon stage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeymoon stage!

I know every relationship is different but what do yall think it means to fall outta the honeymoon stage! and what to you think comes after this stage especially in a LDR!

I think the honey moon stage is when your first meeting where everything is exciting. You sneak on to talk, you stay up hours late, there your first priority all day everyday. Your extra flirty extra mushy. But this does eventually die down. It doesn't nessesarily go away, but its just not constant as when it first starts out. And i do think you start to get more comfortable, that you can start to do multiple things at once, when talking, there not always the center of attention. I think what comes next is the comfortable stage. Which may not seem as exciting, but can be better then the honeymoon stage. Its after all that excitment dies down and your at this stage you can see just how well you are together. lol idk... just rambling on now sorry
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

Comment

The honeymoon stage is definitely a lot of fun. Sometimes I'll remember those months and smile. The endless hours on the phone, the continuous flirting, the sadness felt when we had to go back to our own homes or hang up the phone. But I think its a very lovely thing when a relationship grows out of the honeymoon stage. As much fun as it is, that stage, at least to me, had a lot to do with infatuation. But where we're currently at is much, much deeper. I prefer whatever stage we're at now, because even though we're not dying to stay on the phone with each other anymore, we both have a much deeper understanding of the others person. Every relationship gets here eventually, and I love the connection my SO and I have now. I've only ever fallen deeper in love with him.

In a LDR its a little different. It's harder, but looking back I don't regret being LD the first time, and I won't regret being LD this time.

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
        I think the honey moon stage is when your first meeting where everything is exciting. You sneak on to talk, you stay up hours late, there your first priority all day everyday.
        Ah, yes. I remember those good old days where Rebecca and I pulled all-nighters just so we could talk to each other. We don't do that anymore. We still want as much time together as possible, but doing all-nighters is simply not the way to go. Especially not since Rebecca is going to uni and I'm going to school. It was a wonderful, exciting time though.

Comment

Haha, me and my SO are still in the honey moon stage, we've already celebrated our first monthsary being together! I'm still addicted even after the distance, just can't get enough. Reading her text messages over and over a gain always puts a smile on my face, the silly conversations we've had! the little games we'd play while we were able to spend time together, the weird faces we'd make every now and then to get a laugh out the other. i even made up a cute little dance for her, she loves it, especially because it just looks so silly when i do it . I sometimes do the dance when no ones around, I'd still giggle. We'd sing duets on karaoke as well, i'm not a great singer, but still soooo much fun! the memories overwhelm me sometimes, i get giddy with happiness haha. But i don't know when this honey moon stage will end over the distance. I know when i come back to meet her, We'll both fall in love again and start up the honey moon phase again. be the little kids we were back then.
          My favorite text message conversation:

Tobby:love ko! what are you doing?
          Nika:learning how to cook love ko.
          Tobby:cooking? please put some in a plastic bag and send some to me so i can taste it! <3
          Nika: weh? your silly! I'm learning how to cook so when we get married, I'll be cooking all your meals love ko. <3
          Tobby:your so sweet.<3 marry me now? hahaha
          Nika: We're still kids love ko, lets wait until we're more mature, but you know my answer will be yes, whenever you ask!
          Tobby:I love you so much! You're the one for me, I'll wait as long as i need to love ko. love you!
          Nika:I love you too! call me Nika Sy now.. hehe
          Tobby: Addict!
          Nika: Addicted! <3

Comment

Ok so heres another question once the honeymoon phase is over how to you know your still in love if the butterflies and sparkle is gone?

Comment

That's a bit hard to explain and I'm not that good at describing things. I may not have the butterflies as intense as they used to be but the sparks are definitely still there. I think about him a lot, sometimes even smile to myself when I remember the good times we've had. I also get worried, thinking of what we should do if something doesn't work out as planned. That worry comes anytime, it doesn't have to be triggered by bad things. When we talk on the phone, sometimes we run out of topics to talk about, but it's still nice to hear each other breathe. That creates this feeling that we are so close despite the distance. We include each other when we make future plans. Another thing, I know I'm in love because everytime I say I Love You I mean it with all my heart. You can't deny what your heart says.

Comment

Well, there's a quote I've heard that I think pretty much sums this up!

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness. It is not excitement. It is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love", which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away and this both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when al the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two..."

I love this quote

Comment

Originally posted by HollzHeartsChris View Post

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness. It is not excitement. It is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love", which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away and this both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when al the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two..."

I love this quote
                  That's lovely!! What is that from/who said it?

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                  Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

my LDR bf and I are in the honeymoon phase. when we speak on the phone or chat on FB we spend much of the time expressing our feelings for each other. I never want this stage to end!

Comment

Originally posted by kteire View Post
                      That's lovely!! What is that from/who said it?
                      I'm not 100% sure myself since my SO sent the quote to me in an instant message once, but I think he said that St. Augustine wrote it

Comment

Originally posted by HollzHeartsChris View Post

I love this quote
                        Oh that's lovely! Consider this quote stolen jaja!

Comment

The quote is from Captain Corelli's Mandolin

Comment

Oh right! I had no idea lol. Everyone's gonna steal it But yeah...I think it pretty much sums up what we've been talking about

Comment

Originally posted by knhdarw View Post
                              Ok so heres another question once the honeymoon phase is over how to you know your still in love if the butterflies and sparkle is gone?
                              Well, all the excitement and butterflies are gone but you still feel a warmth knowing that person is yours. Here comes in the compatibility and the importance of shared opinions&values on various matters (this brings the two closer to each other). So basically there's no more glitter and rainbows but respect and affection grow stronger We're out of the honey moon stage, lol, but that doesn't mean I'm not attracted anymore to him or to his personality. It's still love but toned down a bit: not crazy,colorful love, but calm, affectionate type of love.

Comment

Working...
                              X