Great Article on dealing with insecurity issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Article on dealing with insecurity issues

I realize this article was written more for the CD relationships, but I thought a good bit of it would apply in LDR as well. I found alot of good advice in it as insecurity is something I struggle with almost daily.

https://www.uncommonhelp.me/articles...relationships/
    Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
    Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
    Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
    Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
    Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Excellent article. I suffer alot from insecurity and am even afraid that it will be the downfall of our relationship one day. I really hope not though, I hope I can work through it and we will be ok. Thanks for the article!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, it's a great article.
      As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

It really helped me alot. I actually wrote down the key points, laminated them and stuck them in my wallet to help when I'm feeling insecure. If anyone ever needs to talk about it feel free to pm me. I struggle with them daily but am getting better and better each day. It's a constant thing with me and I don't want to run my guy away - this really helped me alot.

~~~~~~

Comment

Thank you for sharing
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Great article, thanks for posting. It's funny...I've never really thought of myself as an insecure person- most people who know me would say I'm very strong, independent & confident. In my relationship though, it's a whole differerent story. One of the quotes listed at the top- "This is too good to last" is so me. My SO is a really sweet, genuine, good person who treats me great and it's like in the back of my head I'm convinced it's all going to end terribly. The only reason I can really pinpoint for this is that my ex really messed with my head, so I think I need to work on completing purging him from my system!

Comment

Brilliant article!

Comment

books - those that know me would describe me the same way. With past relationships I have walled such a big part of myself off I never felt insecure because I wasn't really that vested in the whole thing. I'd say that was a big part of the problem and maybe it was part of it, but the bigger part was his unwillingness to work and hold a job. In any case, with my current relationship I got my legs taken out from under me and I fell hard and deep. I'm happy with that, but I have so much invested the insecurities come out because I want it to work so badly.

Fwiw it is working quite well, I have this battle with myself and it's just something I have to get through. This article helped me tons. Glad it was helpful to others as well.

~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X