Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very confusing situation, I'm hurt and lost...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very confusing situation, I'm hurt and lost...

Hi everyone, thanks for reading this in advance

I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

We met online, talked for about a month on the phone, then we started a relationship that went for 4 months. She lives in Cleveland, I'm from pittsburgh, so it is about a 2 hour drive. We would see each other on average every other weekend, sometimes back-to-back. Everything was great, really, for those 4 months. Maybe 1 fight because of frustration from the distance.

One day I'm talking to her on gchat, and she tells me she has something she wants to tell me later but not now, so I call her later that day, and she says she wants to break up with me. She says that she doesn't have the same feelings for me/it wasn't meant to be. I'm in disbelief because it seems out of nowhere, besides her being kinda "distant" and less happy when we would see each other recently before this phone convo. So I was crushed and in disbelief as you could imagine.

I didn't know what to do, so in that same phone conversation where she was breaking up, i asked her if we could do a "break" instead. She asked if I really wanted to do that, and I said yes of course, anything to be with her still, so I had asked her ok what about until September 1st, (this phone conversation took placed July 25th) and she said ok. I said goodbye and she started crying, as she was through a lot of the conversation, and said bye.

Basically I didn't hold up very well... I contacted her (texted her/called her/talked to her on gchat) altogether probably 8 or 9 times during the past month. Each time except once or twice she was happy to talk to me, and talk to me for quite awhile actually. She would even say she missed me sometimes, or talked about things that reminded her of me... This left me very confused, so eventually later on during this past month the past few times I've talked to her i asked her if we could stop the break and get back together, but each time she would say that "she didn't know." Or if I asked her if she wanted to be with me she would say "I don't know". This was very confusing and hurtful because by her tone and the things she was saying, I felt almost certain she would say yes and want to get back together with me.

Here is the other piece of the pie, however...She has been going through a stressful time, her roommate bailed on her out of nowhere so she was worried about a place to live, and work has been tough on her, and she even said early on in our conversations on break that that was probably why she was feeling the way she is right now and why she wanted to break up with me originally. But I just don't know what to think anymore. She has never contacted me, it was always on my side, and even though we were supposed to remove each other from twitter (i didn't, i missed her too much...), I would read her tweets and by the tone of them she seemed like everything was going well in her life, but I could see if I'm looking far too much into that.

Anyway, I don't know what to do anymore. The heartache has gone on now for 6 weeks. Tomorrow is the 1st of September... I am going to call her and see how she feels, but if she still doesn't know, I am feeling like I should call it off for the sake of my sanity and to end the hurt that I have been feeling since July 25th. I don't want to, I want to be with her... But I don't know if she wants to be with me, and maybe I have just been fooling myself that she does want to get back together with me.

I am sorry you have to go through this, and as hard as it may be for you, you have to let her go. If she wanted to be with you, she wouldn't say "i don't know", she'd worry about your feelings, and she'd try to reassure you.
    Regrardless of stress, when you want to be with someone you do whatever is in your power to be with them, you don't find excuses.
    Good luck with finding someone who will treat you right.

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

somehow this is what I feared the responses would be... besides the "I don't know stuff" she has also said "when and if we get back together" as well, which doesn't sound very good at all. The only reassuring she has really said to me is that she said that she is "an ***hole for doing this" and feels terrible that its affecting me/hurting me. the one night I texted her saying "if you want to be with me, be with me" and she texted back that I was wonderful and why does she feel so lost and confused, and she ended up calling me and we talked about a lot of deep personal stuff from about 1 am to 3:30 in the morning... I guess its possible she was just feeling lonely that night or something.

Comment

She sounds confused and mixed up. I'd let her know that being on her emotional yo-yo isn't healthy for you and that you think it's time for you to move on. Even if, some time in the near future she concedes and decided to be with you - I'd be afraid of her apprehension. I mean..you can't be on edge all the time wondering if she's going to flake out again. It seems she needs to do some soul searching and that can't happen over a matter of weeks, usually...

Sorry you've had to go through all of this. It's so hard when you care about someone so much and they're not reciprocating the feelings. I wish you well. Good luck!

Comment

yea, I think you are right about the soul searching... I have the feeling that is why she wanted to break up in the first place. I can only really blame myself for doing the break, I basically put myself into this torture... She wanted a clean break up from the beginning. I was probably just delusional/in denial that it was over...

But yes, tomorrow is the 1st and I know realistically I'm sure nothing has changed since then and the last time we talked (a few days ago), but I am going to give the ultimatum: we either be together, or its over. No more grey-area... It's only for the best at this point, and maybe even overdue by the sound of your comments.

thank you for your help, I appreciate it, both of you.

Comment

a difficult situation graker. <hugs> to you and just know we are here if you need to talk more about it.
            Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
            Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
            Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
            Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
            Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

a difficult situation graker. <hugs> to you and just know we are here if you need to talk more about it.

~~~~~~

Comment

thank you, I appreciate it... It has been really tough emotionally and some days have been very mentally tireing, in terms of dipping down into depression/anxiety and coming back out of it, but I had a good cry about a week ago realizing it was probably over, so ever since then I've kinda come to terms with whatever was going to happen will happen and thats just how life goes sometimes.

Comment

I agree with what everyone is saying. Breaking up with someone isn't easy. She is most likely going through a hard time adjusting her life as well. You deserve someone who will be SURE to be with you. You deserve someone who will not just tell you that you are wonderful but are willing to say "I love you" and that they are committed to being with you. Dating in general is a challenge. Once you add distance, you really need someone who will always be there for you. It is a lot easier said than done, but I think you will better off in search of someone that deserves to be with you!

Comment

It might help to think of it this way as well. Better you found out now before you had more time and emotions invested in it. The perfect person for you is out there, and maybe this is life's way of opening that door.

~~~~~~

Comment

thanks you for the help, I know you are right...I guess I will have to see what the future holds now.

Comment

There's a saying, that time will heal even the greatest of wounds. You'll be a whole lot better without someone who can't tell you how she feels. I'm sorry you've had to go through this, it's never easy, but you'll pull through. Everyone has the strength to pull through these things and you will too Just gonna take a little time. Like LeilaniJoy said, we're all here for you to help you, should you want to discuss things further with us

Comment

I'm so sorry you've been going thru this. I'm sure it hasn't been easy. I think this girl doesn't want to be in a relationship with you. when I first read it I thought that maybe she had another guy. I think you might have to prepare yourself to not have her in your life anymore. you deserve the love of a good woman! good luck.

Comment

She is pretty shy/not very outgoing, and I feel like I know her pretty well that there isn't another guy, but life has thrown surprises at me before... Plus its too hard to tell when she lives 2 hours away. Sometimes you can pick up on that stuff if they are in the same town, sometimes not. If there was and I knew it, somehow this would make it easier I think. More painful at first, yes, but at least I wouldn't be so confused as to why she is doing this.

As horrible as it is, I really do think the main reason is the distance, and she just doesn't have the patience for it. I think she feels like its been 4 months (5 if you include the break), and she needs more of a "closer experience" then we are able to have seeing each other only 2 or 3 days out of the week. She said in the past during our break that "she wishes I could be there", or when I would give reasons why this is a mistake to end this, she would say "but you aren't here". I told her that if its just because of distance, thats a terrible reason to let someone go... Apparently its more then that if that realization hasn't hit her by now though.

Comment

It sounds like she just isn't cut out for a LDR. If after 4 months and 2-3 visits a week (!) make her so miserable then I don't think there's much hope that she would last a year or 2 tbh.

Most people here only see each other every 2-4 months or even only once a year and still make it work! It takes a hell of a lot of determination, patience, commitment and love. Clearly she hasn't got what it takes and in that case there's not much you can do. If she really loved you she wouldn't give up this easily. I think it's best you move on and wait until you find someone who is willing to actually fight for the relationship.

Comment

Working...
                              X