No announcement yet.

Pretty Woman...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zephii, that video is awesome XD and I feel about ten times better now knowing that 'storybook encounters' aren't necessarily the norm as I thought

Edit: Oops! Missed lucybelle! Wow, thanks for sharing...I guess it would make sense that maybe more people actually met like situations like yours but it's easy to bend the truth when telling other people!

Comment

When people ask me how my SO and I went from being friends to being lovers... I tell a lie. More just a slight correction of the truth.

So the story is...
      We met because I was staying in his parents house as an exchange student. For two weeks we were spending a lot of time together... and there was sexual tension between us, but neither of us dared to make the final approach. Instead we joked a lot and tried to send small hints.
      One day we went to the mountains, he said things such as "nobody is around, it's your chance to kiss me". I just laughed it off.
      Then we got back in the car and we were sitting there looking at each other. Then he touched my hair and looked into my eyes while he said....
      "I like you." ... - Which is the lie I tell my friends. What he actually said was:
      "Wanna have sex?" (he didn't mean there on the spot - he meant going to a Hotel)
      ... (-_-'') such a romantic... hard to believe the same guy asked me to marry him a year later.

Comment

Originally posted by milaya View Post
        "Wanna have sex?" (he didn't mean there on the spot - he meant going to a Hotel)
        ... (-_-'') such an romantic... hard to believe the same guy asked me to marry him a year later.
        Hahahaha!!! That's great!!!!

Comment

I guess all of my RELATIONSHIPS started more or less in a classical manner even though I still think that I allow sex to happen too quickly.
          But if i was to meet someone under some different circumstances and we both happen to fall in love and get married, it is not an issue to make up a story for children. They do not need to know that that is how their parents met so it is ok if they follow similar pattern, because lets face it: not all of the relationship that start out that way last or leave people without consequences.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I guess all of my RELATIONSHIPS started more or less in a classical manner even though I still think that I allow sex to happen too quickly.
          But if i was to meet someone under some different circumstances and we both happen to fall in love and get married, it is not an issue to make up a story for children. They do not need to know that that is how their parents met so it is ok if they follow similar pattern, because lets face it: not all of the relationship that start out that way last or leave people without consequences.

Comment

I laughed at milaya's story, too. And I think it's a pure white lie to tell the modified version if someone asks

I won't exactly tell my children "well, mum was hammered and then she thought daddy was cute, they had another beer together and later she lost her friends and he was kind enough to bring her home, where she introduced him to her roommates as [nothisname]." Not going to happen.
            We'll leave it at "We met at [soandso]-concert." which is what we tell most people.

Funny story: The dorm I was living in at this electric doors that only opened if you had a residence card. After the concert we met at, I had sneaked my boyfriend in, but in the morning he left very early because he had classes (German at that!) and obviously the door wouldn't open and the guard at once realized what was going on (we were not allowed to have unannounced overnight guests) and told him there was a 10€ fine... my boyfriend even got out his wallet, prepared to pay, but in the end, the guy let him go for free.
            We still laugh at that when we think about it. He almost paid for the first ever night he stayed with me...

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Well, we tell people that we met online, which we did, but we don't tell them just how exactly we came together. It started out as cybersex. We talked about different things as well, but the cybersex was always there, which we both really enjoyed. Until we got to know each other better.

Comment

Rosebud - I got sidetracked last night too, but I meant to post in it and say how I'd honestly never had those thoughts about what happened later on with the two of them...kind of intriguing to think about that aspect of it.

As for me, well I fell in love with my best friend's ex. I fully admit it. I think what happened, happened and we certainly never planned on it but they were no longer together and she was engaged to another guy by that point. So I broke a girl code. But I'm not sorry I did as I would have missed out on getting to know and falling in love with him. And finding my new best friend. The only person we don't really tell the whole story to is his son. After all, it is his mother and we don't think that part of the story is important. His son is 16 and probably can figure it out (or maybe his mother has told him) but he knows basically that I was an old family friend of his mother's, and his dad and I became friends as a result - thus ending up together.

I don't believe most people "meet cute" - we just live our lives and we meet people randomly for very specific reasons. But I like the theme everyone is going with - it doesn't really matter how you started - what matters is here and now and what you plan to do with it in the future.

Comment

when we first started talking we werent looking for a relationship because she had just broken up with someone and was still depressed by it, they loved each other alot and i cant really go into details because thats between us but it wasent the greatest of circumstances. and i was in a "relationship" with someone so i wasent looking either, and seeing that the both of us were in bad relationships before at first we didnt even trust each other but eventually that faded away. thats the only thing i can really think of, at the time we both had crushes on each other but were too shy to even cyber kiss lol, i finally made the first move and the rest was history after that

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
                    when we first started talking we werent looking for a relationship because she had just broken up with someone and was still depressed by it,
                    Me too. My SO needed a friend, and I was there for him. The weirdest thing about our meeting was that it was on a Twilight forum.

Maybe by the time we have kids they'll have no idea what Twilight was!
                    Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Working...
                    X