Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion time again

So I have a new discussion question.

For those of you who started out long distance instead of close distance, what signs did they give you to let you know they were interested in you?
    1 Corinthians 13:2 "If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, then I am nothing."

LFAD Book Reading Challenge Goal: 26 books before January 2013
    Progress: 3/26
    Current Read: Genghis: Bones of the Hills by Conn Iggulden
    Next Read: Kahn: Empire of Silver by Conn Iggulden

Good question, not sure how to answer it though We worked together for a few years, and always got along really, really well. We'd have to call each other to discuss work related junk and end up on the phone for long periods of time, we just clicked. I eventually realized I had a bit of a crush, and pushed a little to take it outside of work to see what would happen We started emailing our personal addresses, then chatting on Google Talk, and it kinda went from there. Within about a month, it became something more than friends, and grew into the most close, deeply satisfying relationship of my life I'm in awe of how love can find you when you have given up on it, and least expect it!
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

It's actually kinda hard to explain now that I think about it. Um let's see...one of the major ones I think is taking the time to talk to you 24/7 even when they are busy, if they weren't interested in you they wouldn't waste valuable time talking to you and losing sleep over it. Another would be the flirty-esque messages, if they *hug* you alot or anything like that, then there's also the willingness to share things about their life, usually when you talk to people on the internet you keep it light and carefree so when they actually start talking to you and asking you for advice on problems at home you know they trust and care enough to tell you things like that.

Notes:
      Met: 8.17.09
      Started Dating: 8.20.09
      First Met: 10.2.10
      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Small comments that I didn't really notice until after his bro and sister said something, because I had promised an ex-friend that I would not confess to him since neither of us was in the position to get together at the time. However about two weeks after those two did that, he gave the opening and a rather smack in the face hint that he wanted me to open up, so I did and it's been history ever since then.

Comment

I met my SO when I was least expecting it whilst chatting in a chatroom. It was obvious to me that from a very early stage that my SO had a crush on me because he was always flirting with me and he stayed up well into the hours of the night so that we could talk. Going by this, I think these would be the tell tale signs that he was interested in me I'll confess, when we first met, he told me later that he pretty much fell me straight away haha.

Comment

Haha the very first thing he said to me was "I would say I'm adding you because we have some mutual friends, but really, it's because I think you're pretty. There, I said it."

Comment

Originally posted by MadMolly View Post
              Haha the very first thing he said to me was "I would say I'm adding you because we have some mutual friends, but really, it's because I think you're pretty. There, I said it."
              Thats so sweet!

As soon as I had decided to come back to the states our emails changed to flirting..and more skyping lol.

One of the fb messages he sent to me - "Hey sorry didn't keep track of the power on the computer... guess I was distracted by something beautiful :O"

Comment

Umm he told me straight out that he thought I was gorgeous and wished that he could be the one I chose (I was involved with someone else at the time).

Comment

Loads of flirting for sure, and small comments that I didn't realize. And we played truth or dare very often, both making quite suggestive questions. One of her questions was "would you go on an online date with me?" Some days later she finally asked me on that online date, telling she has no idea what it is but that she wants to take me on one. And she did! We also had this joke of me being her "sexy nurse" while she was being sick.
                  "Everyone smiles in the same language."

Comment

Constant flirting, mostly. We acted like we were a couple before we ever were one so it wasn't hard to figure out. There were people that knew we liked each other before we even realized it.

Comment

So the first time around we met in person while I was on vacation and we hung out for a day. It was not romantic at all because we had his son with us the entire time and he was doing a favor for his ex (long story), but I pretty much fell in love with him that day. When I got home, my friend had given him my phone number without my knowledge. So when he called me out of the blue about a week after I got home, it shocked me. We would talk for hours upon hours. But I never really had a clue he was developing any sort of feelings back for me until he just straight out told me he thought he was falling for me and that he wished I was there. I was a pretty naive 18 year old

So last year when he came down to visit me after 13 very long years, we had been talking pretty much daily for about 9 months (although we had kept in contact throughout all of those years, just not as regularly) and I knew I loved him but he would never give me any indication he felt the same way. When we would get close to talking about it, he would always head it off by telling me just how happy he was that we were such good friends. It really wasn't until we got to my house from the airport and he kissed me that he let it be known he was in love with me too.

Comment

Working...
                      X