No announcement yet.

This guy won't take a hint...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*ALSO, incase he does not get the hint or what not - document EVERYTHING. Save everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencedsongs View Post
      *ALSO, incase he does not get the hint or what not - document EVERYTHING. Save everything.
      Right! don't errase messges, e-mails, voice mails... just in case you need it to show it to the police

Comment

Originally posted by LeilaniJoi View Post
        I doubt if the police will do anything to be honest, especially if he is not doing anything other than text message or fb messages.
        If he won't leave her alone, It's called harassment and it's a crime. OP, Save all the text messages and go to the police. File a restraining order. He had his chance to leave you alone and he ignored it.
        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
          If he won't leave her alone, It's called harassment and it's a crime. OP, Save all the text messages and go to the police. File a restraining order. He had his chance to leave you alone and he ignored it.
          So much this.

kteire, be careful. Stalkers are good at making other people believe they're harmless -- they specialize in head games. If you have friends who aren't taking this seriously, don't give them your personal information. It should be enough for you to say, "Please don't give X my personal information. I know you think he's harmless, but he makes me uncomfortable." If they can't respect that, they don't have a right to your personal information.

And this isn't in your head. Just reading this creeped me out. I've also been stalked (damn there are a lot of us!), and while my situation was different, the vibe here is exactly the same. Take care of yourself.

Comment

I should be ok as far as him not knowing where I live or work - I'm at a different office every day of the week, and my mum has moved in the past 2 years, so only a few people know the address I'm living at now. It does really creep me out now about him often asking if he can com over... Bleh!

So I went in to the police station to talk to a constable, and she basically told me they can't do anything unless it escalates to physically stalking me... showing up at work or at my house, or calling me, etc. They made the same suggestion of keeping everything documented, and fortunately, I still have my old cell phones with the texts, and I never delete emails. That doesn't really put me at ease though... I wish Loic were here, he makes me feel so safe. My sister knows who he is (she was in choir with me) and my mum would recognise him, so they'll keep an eye out for him if he does stop by my house.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
            Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Oh and with regards to a restraining order - apparently it would take longer to get one than I'll be in the country for... But at least the police are aware now if anything does get worse. I'm going to talk to a friend of the family who's a lawyer after work today, to see if there's anything else I can do.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
              Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Working...
              X