confusing conversations w/ S.O.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confusing conversations w/ S.O.

so my boyfriend and i lived together for 3 months in the beginning of the year before he moved to CA in april, we have talked about engagement and stuff before, and before he moved he contacted my mom about rings and stuff but than he said he couldn't afford it, sometimes he'll say he wants to get me a ring, than he'll say he doesn't want to get married until he's 30, than he'll say he's going to buy me a ring next year? My friend just got engaged and he says I was trying to make him feel bad about it and than he said he's going to buy me one next year and than he says he doesn't want to get married for awhile? lol i'm so confused. He still wants to be with me and wants me to move out there with him, but why is he always going back and forth on engagement?

Do others S/O's do this?

It's possible he wants to get an engagement ring for you and be engaged for a while before getting married? I know that I would much prefer a long engagement to getting married shortly after being engaged. To me, however, being engaged and getting married are almost two separate things. He may be ready for an engagement, but not quite ready for marriage yet, if I'm understanding things correctly.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

It sound to what happened to a good friend of mine. her then bf was exactly like how you describe your bf, and worse because he even took her to a jewlry store to see and try rings! Then he decided he doesnt want to get married, then he called her dad to tell him that he wants to marry her, then he didn't want to get married again... After a long time of this hurtful game she break up with him... He just never got married with anybody but apparently he like to play with that back and forth with all the relationship that he had before (if my friend knew that before...) So in my friends case the guy has a big commitment problem, he really love her and want a future with her but his commitment issues are more heavy than anything else...
      I really hope that is not your situation and that he just want to confuse you to give you an awsome surprise

Comment

Working...
      X