Hotel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotel?

So when I go to see my boyfriend I'll be taking the Grayhound ( bus ) which will be $152 If I get it 21 days a head of time. My plan was to see if I could stay with my boyfriend and his family because I wanted to stay for a week.

I talked to Robert about it last night and he said he wanted to get a hotel so that we would have piece and quiet.
    I hated asking him, but since he's the one that wanted a hotel I asked him if he could help pay for it. I let him know that I didn't like asking for him to pay and that it made me feel kinda bad.

He said he would save what he could, and I will do the same.

I looked online ( I cant call the hotels because of LD ) I asked Robert to call sometime.

The cheapest one I found is $65 a night I was hoping maybe they could offer discounts for staying a full week...

I'm not sure what to do now because paying for the trip there is expensive as fuck for me and now he wants to get a hotel... Don't get me wrong I LOVE the idea of getting a hotel and us having alone time. But even $65 a night for 5 days is expensive too.

Are there any other options aside from staying at his parents that we could look into?

My goal is to not stress over it until we know how much I have after my job.
    " There is always hope.
    "

Is it not possible that you could divide the time? My boyfriend and I stay at each other's homes/with each other's families, but last visit and this coming visit, we booked/are planning on booking a night away, simply so that we can have some alone time. If more funds were available, I'm sure we'd book a weekend or a couple nights, at least. Perhaps you and your partner could discuss doing this? Explain that though you would love to have the alone time for a whole week, that a hotel would provide for you, your budget will really only allow for x-number of nights (as it stands now) unless you want to make other sacrifices. This way, you can both half a few nights, for example, at the hotel, and stay the rest of the night at his family's place. That way, you're saving money by not staying a whole week away, but you still get to have some nights/days alone to yourselves.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

Agreed. Me and my SO often book the first night (or couple of nights) and last night (or couple of nights) at a hotel. We find the "saying hello" and "saying goodbye" parts of the trip are quite important to have privacy for.

Could you do at least 2 nights maybe?
      Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

I don't live with my family and my bf live by himself too. However, I think what everybody sugested is a good idea, stay with his parents but book some nights in an hotel (the amount that you together can pay without using the money that you will need durig the tripp)

Comment

Try looking into holiday rental apartments. My SO and I stayed in a studio apartment where we paid a flat weekly rate that was WAY cheaper than a hotel for the week! I think it cost us $150 each for it. My city's ridiculously expensive for hotels and the like, so see if you can find something better

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Okay I'll talk to him about that. But I think he is against having me stay there because he may feel like a burden because he just moved there. The took him in when his dad kicked him out so I don't think he wants to push any boundaries.
            " There is always hope.
            "

Comment

Did you try websites like Orbitz? My boyfriend came to visit me one time and he booked his flight/hotel together and it was like $300 for a round-trip flight AND a full week at a hotel.
              If you've already tried that, your best bet is probably the suggestion to pay for a night or two at the hotel, and then stay the rest of the time at his family's house (if they'll let you).

Comment

I came on here to suggest looking into hostels, but I see some other members have suggested splitting the time between a hotel and his house, and that´s probably a much better idea :P

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                \

Comment

you also might call the respective hotels and ask for a weekly rate. Most have that kind of rate but you have to ASK for it up front, and it's usually way cheaper.
                  Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
                  Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
                  Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
                  Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
                  Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Working...
                  X