Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting upset about them not being there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting upset about them not being there?

Is it only me or does everyone also get very sad about the fact that their SO isn't there with them? Like even when he's coming to visit all I can think about is that the next day he WON'T be there. Am I alone on this one?

I think that's pretty normal I feel like that all the time. Try to cherish the time you have with them!

Comment

I haven't met my SO from the LDR I'm in right now, but I can relate with one of my ex's (who was also a LDR). I don't believe I ever really got upset about him not being there because I cherished the time we did spend together. Try to think positive and know that it won't be the last time you see each other! Some days I did get bummed out especially when he would always hang out with friends. I always got a little jealous and sad that they get to see him in person every day, and I don't! I know what you mean though, it is kind of sad knowing they will be gone the next day. I believe it's completely normal. Try not to get too upset about it though and enjoy the time you do get to spend together.

Comment

I know how you feel. My SO will be here in two days and I still feel like that.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I honestly don't know why you would not think this is a completely normal feeling within a LDR.

Comment

My SO is coming this Friday, and I am positively emo at having him not here NOW.
            Totally normal, don´t worry.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
            -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
            \

Comment

It's hard for me not to think about it the last week or so of the visit, but I do try to keep my mind off it while we're visiting (we've only had one visit so far, but I can speak for my experience with my ex as well) and enjoy what precious time we're able to spend together. However, there are often plenty of tears the last few days and of course there are moments I'm almost sick with the pain of not having him here with me. :/ I think it's normal. I would be worried if you didn't miss your SO.
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

I think all of us feel that way, even if our SO is coming tomorrow they're not here today and that sucks! My SO gets here on Thursday and even though each day is closer it hurts more since that also means it's a day farther from seeing him, not like I don't get excited about seeing him though because I definitely do!

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

Of course I get upset that we can't be together every day! I think it would be weird if we didn't miss our SO's who are far away. Me and my SO began to feel the pain of separation a few days before I actually had to come back to the USA. We of course tried to fend off our sadness and tears til the last day, but we couldn't help it...on the last day we held each other and cried like crazy...and for a couple of weeks after I returned it was so hard not to feel depressed, and we had a lot of crying on the phone and on Skype too...and we know in early December when I return from my next visit we'll have it again. But it's a testament to how strong our love is if we feel so sad upon separation...

Comment

Totally normal, i'm sure we've all experienced this at least once or twice.
                    .We've Closed the Distance.
                    no matter where i am, no matter where you are
                    i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
                    no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
                    all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

It's totally normal. I've never met my SO but I can empathise. Hold tight, you'll be able to see him before you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveYou123 View Post
                        Is it only me or does everyone also get very sad about the fact that their SO isn't there with them? Like even when he's coming to visit all I can think about is that the next day he WON'T be there. Am I alone on this one?
                        I think pretty much everyone here gets sad about it.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                        I honestly don't know why you would not think this is a completely normal feeling within a LDR.

yes, that. lol
                        our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Of course... I am going to see my SO in 3 days and last weekend all I could think was that I wish he was here at my daughter's homecoming game. I have felt like that every day we're apart for over 9 years.

Comment

It is completely normal. I am going through the same things right about now. But the thing I remind my self is that he feels the same way and is having just as hard a time with
                            me not being there with him. Honestly, what I have found is that I deal with it better when he tell me he is having a hard time because then I know that I am not alone. And it is
                            one thing for us to tell you that we all feel the same way some days but there is something about being reminded that the two of you are in it together.
                            Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Yes! It sucks but try and do other things to keep you busy
                              I've been feeling horribly lonely/sad lately, so i've been trying to do any hmwk i can find, and hang out with my friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X