X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no

i think only the year anniversaries are important

Comment

We always acknowledge each month that passes, and try to have a Netflix movie date or a skype date for each. They're not necessarily a big event for us, but they are important enough to both of us that we like to recognize each of them.
      You never forget your first love...

Comment

We always recognise our monthly anniversary, tomorrow will be 2 years and 5 months. I think we'll have a date over webcam.

Comment

Almost all the close distance couples I know are the ones who do monthly anniversary. I guess it depends on the person/their relationship. There's nothing wrong with extra appreciation

Comment

We have always "recognised" our monthlies, as in, we will say, oh "happy 6 months", and then go about our day like normal. Miguel had a bad experience one time, where, during a 16-month relationship, he was almost required to make a big deal out of it every month, give a present, take the girl out kind of thing... So we basically try to avoid that :P We prefer to have "special occasions" just because we want to, and not for that.
            Our first Anniversary is next month o.o I haven´t even thought about how to count the months after that :P To be honest, we´ll probably just start going "Yeah! We´ve been together a year and a... bit! Booya!"

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
            -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
            \

Comment

I don't think it's stupid at all. My SO and I don't make a big deal about them really but we do recognize them. I'll send a sweet text or FB comment and that's about it. 6 months is coming up soon though and I think that's a big deal lol. For us though this is the longest relationship either of us have been in for awhile. The fact that we continue to do so well despite the distance is a big accomplishment. So celebrate your love and your relationship any way you guys want! It is important and special and there is nothing wrong with acknowledging that

Comment

First and foremost, congratulations to the two of you!

For me, it was an important thing because the last couple of relationships I had before this didn't last long enough to celebrate almost any anniversary. I like to think it treasures the days you've enjoyed together. After the first year, however, I will admit that after a year, it does seem kind of weird to celebrate every single month. But, if you'd like to commemorate it, I'm sure your SO will appreciate it, no matter what the date.
                National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

I think monthaversaries are important
                  Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

I notice monthiversaries but I do it privately. We only mark the yearly and half-yearly ones together, and regarding the latter my SO wouldn't even remember if I didn't remind him

Comment

Monthly anniversaries have never held much meaning for me. Yearly anniversaries I like to celebrate but my SO and i have never really celebrated it. Mainly cause i usually leave the states a few days before everytime! I really would love to actually spend an anniversary there but oh well thats life. We dont ever do skype dates, just not for us.

Comment

We have an activity calendar where we mark movie nights, anniversaries, birthdays, visits, special events etc. So we used to mark monthaversaries in there too, but not since our first anniversary. We'll be 18 months in a week or so, we might acknowledge that just because it's sort of a milestone. Nothing special planned or anything.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by Malaga View Post
                          We have an activity calendar where we mark movie nights, anniversaries, birthdays, visits, special events etc. So we used to mark monthaversaries in there too, but not since our first anniversary. We'll be 18 months in a week or so, we might acknowledge that just because it's sort of a milestone. Nothing special planned or anything.
                          usually montaversaries are important only until the first year is completed! the second of march, for example, my SO and I will celebrate one month of being married! so that will def be an important monthversary for us. and maybe we will celebrate each month until we are one year married (not a big celebration, but going to the movies, or cooking a special meal or eating in a restaurant. no need to have gifts envolved)
                          our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I must admit...my SO and I do mark the months since we've been together.
                            (although I find the term "monthsary" quite corny)

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

Comment

My SO and I still acknowledge every monthaversary together. We've been together a year and a half now, and it just shows that every month together is a little milestone in itself and it just makes us smile and celebrate a little bit.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

We acknowledged the month anniversaries for our first year together, and then only the year anniversaries after that. But, I think it totally depends on the couple. There is no right or wrong way to do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X