No announcement yet.

Month anniversaries... is it important?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think their stupid but I don't celebrate them. It just isn't for me and I would rather celebrate yearly because it means that much more to me it's a combination of all the months.

Comment

We don't even know the exact date we started going out, we know round about but yeah . we've been together around four months. Suppose closer to our one year we will just pick a date that was near to when we started. So monthly celebrations aren't for us, but hey good on you all for celebrating those days

Comment

We're now past the year mark. When we hadn't reached a year yet, we made little photo collages or sent cards to each other (either online or through the mail) for each "monthaversary." Every little month was like a milestone before we reached a year together. Now that we've passed a year, we're much more casual about each month, but we still acknowledge it by saying "happy ___ months, Baby!" to each other in a text or on Facebook or something.

Comment

Where I live people celebrate their monthly anniversaries all the time, both CD and LDR! Some even celebrate a few months after their first year too and they do noticed their months after that.

I always noticed them but I do not make a big deal of them either. We'll be 11 months in march 15th I do get pretty happy in my month anniversaries.

Every couple celebrates what they want, I think there's nothing wrong or stupid with that. If they are special dates for you, why shouldn't you celebrate? <3

Congrats on your 10 months!!!

Comment

I love mentioning our monthly anniversary 11*11*11 but mentioning it on FB or to people it's as deep as it goes jeje

Comment

Honestly I stopped celebrating month anniversaries in high school. Honestly the only anniversaries I celebrate is the years. Maybe 6 months, but its not a big deal. I just don't think its something to celebrate getting through a month. Being together a year is something amazing and should be celebrated.
              "You want for myself
              You get me like no one else
              I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
              Even in the darkest part of me
              I am beautiful with you
              Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
              You're here with me
              Just show me this and I'll believe
              I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

I don't think they're stupid. After our one year, my SO stopped taking note of them, but I still do. I guess its just a habit I never broke. We've been together for almost three years and I still tell him happy 2 year and ____ months! Personally, I think it keeps things a little exciting every now and then. We don't celebrate them anymore, but I still tell him happy 2 years and w/e months. We'll be 2 years and 10 months on Friday, and he'll be here on Friday, so I told him that to celebrate, we're going swing dancing. I dunno, I think its fun :P. We don't really celebrate it, I was just using that as an excuse to go swing dancing xD.

Comment

I find if you're celebrating anniversaries like that, you're just waiting for the relationship to fail. You're seeing what number you can get up to before you break up.
                  Our Story
                  Met on www.chat-avenue.com on December 27, 2010
                  Met in person on Decemeber 29, 2010
                  Long distance from Jan 2011-March 2013
                  Lived an hour away from each other March 2013-June 2013
                  Living together June 2013 -August 2013!
                  Long distance from Sept 2013 - unknown

Living happily in a monagmish relationship since December 29, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Rosalynn View Post
                    I find if you're celebrating anniversaries like that, you're just waiting for the relationship to fail. You're seeing what number you can get up to before you break up.
                    I disagree.

I don't "celebrate" but I do note them and both my SO give one another the "happy x-months ^_^ <3" spiel. After we celebrate/hit our one year, our month-iversaries might take a back seat but currently I see nothing wrong with noting them and being happy that we've come so far, especially given all that we've been through. For us, it's not about hitting milestones or trying to get the highest number and beat out our last relationship but rather about taking some time to reflect on our relationship and think about what we've been through, how we've changed, etc.

While I think some people place a lot of emphasis on the months, I also think it depends where you're at. Someone who's younger and in their first serious relationship might see three months as much more exciting than someone who's 40 and been in several relationships. Doesn't mean anyone's waiting for their relationship to fail and keeping some sort of ill score. Simply means different people have different priorities and place different levels of emphasis on different milestones.
                    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                    Met online: February 2009
                    Feelings confessed: December 2010
                    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                    to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
                      I disagree.

I don't "celebrate" but I do note them and both my SO give one another the "happy x-months ^_^ <3" spiel. After we celebrate/hit our one year, our month-iversaries might take a back seat but currently I see nothing wrong with noting them and being happy that we've come so far, especially given all that we've been through. For us, it's not about hitting milestones or trying to get the highest number and beat out our last relationship but rather about taking some time to reflect on our relationship and think about what we've been through, how we've changed, etc.

While I think some people place a lot of emphasis on the months, I also think it depends where you're at. Someone who's younger and in their first serious relationship might see three months as much more exciting than someone who's 40 and been in several relationships. Doesn't mean anyone's waiting for their relationship to fail and keeping some sort of ill score. Simply means different people have different priorities and place different levels of emphasis on different milestones.
                      I'm with Eclaire on this one. My boyfriend and I don't celebrate month anniversaries, but we do take note of it and say Happy __ months and that's that. When we reach a year, who knows if we'll continue taking note of it from year to year, but I don't think there's an issue with keeping track.

Comment

Me and my SO counted the month ones on fb and such until it got to the one year mark. Now we just mark the year and half years. When we're married we will probably only do it yearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
                          I disagree.

Yes.^

I still note it, at least in a passing comment. Occasionally, we'll go out for dinner that night or have a special date, but for the most part, we just mention it and smile before having a "remember when" conversation.

Monthly events were a bigger deal when we first got together, and then we gave each other little gifts or cards each month. I love him and want to show him how much I appreciate him and how blessed I feel to share my life with him. I was virtually counting down the days to the next month. Now the 8th arrives and frequently catches me off-guard. "Woah!" I think, "Another month has gone by already? " Time flies.

But that's okay. We have the anniversary of our relationship starting in December and our wedding anniversary in June, so we can have a blow-out time every six months. That works for me.
                          My heart belongs to a pilot!
                          ~*~
                          ~*~
                          [/center]

Comment

I was excited about that first month, but it's not a thing we celebrate. We don't do Valentine's day and we were actually together for our 1 year anniversary..but we both forgot it. It feels weird and forced. I gush over him whenever I want to! And everyone likes random unexpected presents.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Trethsparr View Post
                              Yes.^

I still note it, at least in a passing comment. Occasionally, we'll go out for dinner that night or have a special date, but for the most part, we just mention it and smile before having a "remember when" conversation.

Monthly events were a bigger deal when we first got together, and then we gave each other little gifts or cards each month. I love him and want to show him how much I appreciate him and how blessed I feel to share my life with him. I was virtually counting down the days to the next month. Now the 8th arrives and frequently catches me off-guard. "Woah!" I think, "Another month has gone by already? " Time flies.

But that's okay. We have the anniversary of our relationship starting in December and our wedding anniversary in June, so we can have a blow-out time every six months. That works for me.
                              Ours is the 8th too.
                              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                              Met online: February 2009
                              Feelings confessed: December 2010
                              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                              to be continued...

Comment

I think month anniversaries are more important in an LDR just because it gives you something else to hold onto... Like "ooh honey, we've been together for 8 months"... Idk, maybe I just like them

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X