Communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saltwaterguy02 View Post
    Just wondering how many times a day do you and your LDR text or call and talk to each other. I feel like im not getting enough. Its been a text every other day or so and a call once a week for me :^ /
    I think the point here is not necessarily how often everyone else communicates, since it's obviously going to vary between couples, but how often you -want- to be communicating.

I can sympathize, because a text every other day and a call once a week would not be enough for me...not even close.

The only real solution for you is to talk to her and tell her that you don't feel you guys are communicating enough, and perhaps find out if there is a reason for the lack on her part.

Comment

Well me and my SO noramlly talk, even for alittle bit ever day, just depends on what we both have to do and that. But it really depends on the couple and what they have in there life and how easy or not so easy it is to keep in contact. If you want to talk to them more try too and let them know you want to talk a little more. Depending on whats going on with them they might be able to

Comment

When we were first together LD we talked all the time! hour long convo's on skype,emails,calling..now it has gotton down to texting or a quick 5 minute video call a day and a 1 hour-2 hour skype conversation on the weekend.

It was hard to adjust but things are good communication wise

If you need more communication you need to bring it up and discuss it..I hope you find a good balance!

Comment

We text sporadically throughout the day, between classes and other things maybe. We always reducing morning and night.

We talk on the phone maybe two or three times a week for a quick 30min check in... And skype dates on Fridays

We are rather fortunate that were both stateside and have unlimited texting plans

Comment

my SO is always very busy with his school and im busy with work and/or school stuff. we text each other throughout the day here and there. as far as talking on the phone we try to talk on the phone for a while before we both go to sleep..

every couple is different though..

Comment

We text throughout the day and talk either on skype or the phone 5-6 times a week. I'm needy and he accommodates me, bless his heart.

Can you plan a day a few times a week to spend some time together?

Comment

My SO and I skype at least three times a week. Even though we're international, we text everyday as well. We also e-mail while he's at work. We're pretty lucky as far as how often we talk, but sometimes I wish we would skype more. Communication is important so if you feel that you're not talking enough, you need to let your SO know. That's the only way they'll know.
                "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                Made it official: September 17, 2010
                Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                Got married: November 21, 2012
                Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

We talk whenever we aren't sleeping because the time zones are really different.. Like my SO is 7 hours ahead of me. So we just text or IM until one of us goes to sleep everyday or unless we are busy we still text off and on
                  Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

We talk on the phone for at least 30min (and up to 1,5h I guess) every night, before we go to sleep. Unless one of us is going out or to bed early or something.

During the day we send a number of texts, but that depends on what we're up to and whether interesting things happen to us

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Since we started talking as friends about three years ago, my dude and I have been pretty consistent for about the latter year and a half, particularly the year we've been together, in chatting daily on Skype and we also computer-geek out on World of Warcraft (shaddup before you say it!), mess around on Youtube, fling filthy pictures at each other through a well known fetish site and we text/Facebook each other random things like 'you smell' just to keep the daftness alive. Mushy stuff tends to come with as long as we keep that line open for the stuff that got us chatting in the first place
                      sigpic

Comment

We were lucky to be in the same time zones even if we were on opposite ends and 800 miles away. We talked every day at lunch, I would call for a few minutes (sometimes talking for an hour) then the minute I was home he met me online and we chatted either on yahoo voice or on Skype until I went to bed... sometimes all night because it was just so easy to be together. Many times we would look at the clock, I'd say ok I'm going to bed at 1 a.m. (due to work the next day) and the next time we noticed the clock it would be 5 a.m. O.o I learned to exist on very little sleep LOL

For about the last 2 months before I moved we slept together on voice, which was sweet and in between the phone and skype we were in constant text message communications. Not every minute, but several times through the day sometimes just to say "i love you and I miss you" and there were plenty of times when he would sit up all night listening to me sleep, to wake me in the morning when it was time for work. I always loved that and then because he's a night owl, several times I would sit watching movies with my mic on mute, just listening to him sleep during the day on my days off until it was time for him to wake up.

I was lucky

ArchetypicalIdiot - yay for Wow I miss it... we didn't meet there but we've both played and you won't get any digs from me We met on Second Life and still play there sometimes, but I sure miss my big druid boomchicken LOL
                        Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
                        Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
                        Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
                        Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
                        Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

We text usually once or twice a day, and phone calls happen maybe once every few weeks or so. It's different for every couple...some need more, some less. Others don't have the means of communication that some do.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Initially, my Internet access was extremely limited, so we sent each other e-mails every day and managed to Skype about once a week. If I couldn't check my e-mail, I would text him to let him know (thank you, AT&T for Global Messaging!).

Since I got to Berlin about 3 weeks ago (and have access to the Internet at home), we've been Skyping basically every night (for me - afternoon for him). During the day, we usually use Facebook chat. So, basically, I'm in contact with him every day.
                            Ann & James

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird,
                            and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours,
                            we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
                            ― Dr. Seuss

Comment

We have been in contact every day since we started talking. First it was Twitter, then email, then long Skype chats. Eventually we started messaging through iPhone apps and that was our main mode of communication for most of this year. We had a routine, he'd mostly be messaging me on his way to work and back + the evening. In addition we use Skype video approx. once a week.

However, he doesn't have iPhone anymore since last Saturday and our routine had to change. Basically the only time we can talk now is when he's near a computer. He says he's not likely to get a new one until next summer or so (although I doubt it, being the Apple fanboy that he is) and he uses a retro Samsung now. We had no financial limit on our communication before. Messaging via iPhone was included in the monthly data plan and we could've done it all day if we wanted to with no additional costs. Ditto with sending pics and videos. But international texting (SMS) is rather expensive and so we won't be using that.

So now we're back to using Skype chat and email. It's not bad at all, I think we talk more during the day than we used to. But I'm sad because we lost this mobility that we both enjoyed. I loved being able to send him a pic of the dinner I was having (we like to exchange pics of food lol), and receiving pics and videos when he was out and about somewhere. I loved getting his drunk messages at 3 am, on his way home from a night out.

I don't know. It's only been a few days and it hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been away anywhere yet. He'll be off soon to a friend's birthday for a couple of days and I guess it's only then that we'll really notice the difference.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I live in the US and she lives in the UK, so phone calls and texts are really expensive. We've been having to just talk on skype or fb chat whenever we happen to be on at the same time. With the time difference and busy schedules, it's hard to have a set time to talk to each other during the day, so we really just have to play it by ear. We cherish every chat session we have though because there's always a hint of doubt when we'll get to talk again. On a good week, we may fb chat everyday and video chat once or twice. At the least, I'll get to fb chat her maybe 2 or 3 times in a week.
                                1 Corinthians 13:2 "If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, then I am nothing."

LFAD Book Reading Challenge Goal: 26 books before January 2013
                                Progress: 3/26
                                Current Read: Genghis: Bones of the Hills by Conn Iggulden
                                Next Read: Kahn: Empire of Silver by Conn Iggulden

Comment

Working...
                                X