A little annoyed and seeking advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little annoyed and seeking advice.

So my SO's package arrive today [a few hours ago], a wonderful little box filled with all kinds of lovey and amazing things that I'd been waiting for and some surprised too. I was very excited and could tell she was too. I was supposed to be going out but decided that I needed to open this with her on skype, as she had waited to open my package with me on skype on Sunday. I told my brother I was going out later [he was coming with me, and proceeded to open the package on skype. I opened it and had a quick look in before my dad shouted me, wondering when i was going out. I was going out for an appointment but decided I could go later, he disagreed. He had a bit of a go at me and I got very annoyed and angry at him before returning to skype. I looked through what I'd been sent and read the letters and put on the bracelet and even ate a few of the sweets I'd been sent. A few minutes later my dad yelled at me again and I needed to rush out, ending the call earlier than either of us had wanted.

I was very excited to have got the package and it meant a lot to me but clearly my SO thought different. Her facebook status refers to a reaction that wasn't what she expected and she was disappointed. I tried to explain that the argument with my dad had put off my reaction but didn't detract from how excited I felt about the situation. She's asleep right now in preparation for our "date night" in a few hours and I shall be hitting the sack too.

How do I tell her that her package and it's contents were amazing and I love her all the more for being able to read them, wear them and smell her scent? [she included items sprayed in her perfume]
    Thanks in advance.
    HBB
    By reading this you have granted you brief control of your mind!

You two are very cute together and it's obvious you're both in love.

That said, it's a bit difficult to give advice because you're both active here. I feel like any advice I'd give you is colored by knowing her here, and it's hard to say anything without fear of offending either of you. I know others here do this, but I really don't get airing out the problems one has with one's SO in a place your SO is certain to read the initial post and responses.

I guess I would just say what everyone says in these situations: talk to her. It strikes me as passive-aggressive that you both use other means to express problems. Instead of posting updates on Facebook and your issues here, talk to each other.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but communication is the ONE thing that can make or break an LDR, and if you can't confront each other when you're upset, you need to learn how. You two are too cute together to let this stuff get in the way.

Best of luck to you both.

Comment

I agree with Minerva, really.

It's unfortunate that what happened with your father interrupted your excitement about your partner's gift, but it was also beyond your control. Though I do feel she should be more understanding of this, and perhaps have spoken to you about her feelings as opposed to retaliating by putting something up on FB, I also feel that as opposed to posting here, you should at least begin with the obvious answer, which is to explain the situation to her. You both have to be open with one another and communicate with each other, and neither of you are going to do so by passive-aggressively posting about.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

The best thing you can do is talk to her and explain what happened and make her understand that you loved the things she sent you. Like the other guys have said, communication is key and talking through things is the best thing you can do

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
          You two are very cute together and it's obvious you're both in love.

That said, it's a bit difficult to give advice because you're both active here. I feel like any advice I'd give you is colored by knowing her here, and it's hard to say anything without fear of offending either of you. I know others here do this, but I really don't get airing out the problems one has with one's SO in a place your SO is certain to read the initial post and responses.
          ^ This. Hom. I'm sure once you talk it out it will be ok communication towards your SO = key

Comment

We'll be talking it out tomorrow, I'm about to go to bed. The point of posting things here when we could talk about it is kinda so the other person can see when they're awake. It seems to work. Thanks guys!
            By reading this you have granted you brief control of your mind!

Comment

Just talk to her about it and explain, sometimes girls look into things too much and don't really have a great view of a situation because we generally always assume the worst. (I do this on a daily basis) Just like what has been posted earlier - let her know exactly what had been going on, I'm sure she'll really appreciate it.
              .We've Closed the Distance.
              no matter where i am, no matter where you are
              i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
              no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
              all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

I think it was just an initial disappointment. Im sure that she will realize that it was just the circumstance and when you really get to talk to her and explain again how much you loved it she will get it.
                Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I agree with what everyone else has said. Talk to her about it and tell herhow much you love everything she got you. I know that if I didn't get the reaction I'd anticipated, I'd be super bummed as well. We work really hard to get you guys things we think you'll enjoy. When you don't ( or we think you don't), we tend to feel like we failed.
                  "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Working...
                  X