Help Does Anyone Else Feel This Way?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Does Anyone Else Feel This Way?!

So when you get down to the last two weeks or so before you finally get to meet up with you SO - does it just feel that time just drags on? Like seriously I feel like the month of September just blew by me with school starting and adjusting to the new routine. But these last two weeks have just been BRUTAL.

Also...maybe it's just me but does anyone stress about the possibility of their SO getting hurt, or into an accident or dying before they are able to see you? I know this sounds crazy but I worry about it ALL THE TIME lately... My SO is driving from Barrie, Ontario down through Illinois, Wisconsin and up through Minnesota to our boarder. (It proves to be the faster route that driving though Manitoba to Ontario) (If anyone is familiar with the geography of Canada and the US) But the driving in the US is completely and I stress COMPLETELY different than the driving in our home city Winnipeg. I just get worried something bad will happen to him. And I know I shouldn't worry but I do.

So my question is...does anyone else feel this way?
    .We've Closed the Distance.
    no matter where i am, no matter where you are
    i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
    no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
    all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

We're still more than 6 weeks out from our next meeting, but yeah, I understand. I worry about me dying though, hehe. I'll be driving through an intersection and imagine getting into a car accident and think, "I can't die now! My man is coming!"

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
      We're still more than 6 weeks out from our next meeting, but yeah, I understand. I worry about me dying though, hehe. I'll be driving through an intersection and imagine getting into a car accident and think, "I can't die now! My man is coming!"
      Oh my god...I've never even thought about it that way... I'm so selfish lol. #Facepalm

Comment

Just wait as soon as he gets there you will wonder who put life on fast forward.

Comment

My SO is going to be here october 20 and it feels like the days go slower and slower each day. I agree. But when it comes to having something happened to him Id rather not think about it. I have had so much death in my life that it is just another day for me. Anything can happen but I don't think about it.
          Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Originally posted by Bethypoo View Post
            My SO is going to be here october 20 and it feels like the days go slower and slower each day. I agree. But when it comes to having something happened to him Id rather not think about it. I have had so much death in my life that it is just another day for me. Anything can happen but I don't think about it.
            October 20th, four days after mine comes back. Yeah I have a lot death in my life as well. I think that's why I'm so paranoid after the events that happened to me last year it just really opened my eyes to that we're not immortal. So I think that's why I get so worried.

Comment

Honestly the week or two before my SO comes are the fastest. I get into a panic or frenzy about everything being perfect and arranged that without knowing it he's here!
              I get worried about that too...the hard part is just trusting him. He's a good driver and would never put himself in danger.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                Just wait as soon as he gets there you will wonder who put life on fast forward.
                Absolutely.

We're 6 days away from him coming down here and I think I might go insane wanting these days to just be over and for it to be October 11th at noon so I can leave work and go pick him up at the airport But then I know once he is here, the week will be gone before we know it.

Comment

yes !

i see him in 8 days and I am dyinggggg

the days are going by SO SLOW

i'm trying to keep myself busy with work/homework/friends

hoping for a safe drive for your s/o!!!

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Originally posted by blankita719 View Post
                  Absolutely.

We're 6 days away from him coming down here and I think I might go insane wanting these days to just be over and for it to be October 11th at noon so I can leave work and go pick him up at the airport But then I know once he is here, the week will be gone before we know it.
                  ugh yes time goes by much faster when you are together

Comment

This last time I came out to visit went by so fast it was crazy. It was my first trip out here to PA and his hometown. But after I got here and settled in the time is going by way too fast. I only have 5 more weeks until I go home. It's bittersweet. And once I go back home, I will go right on back to worrying about him all day every day. I suppose it comes with the territory. But don't make yourself sick over this :] I'm almost positive he'll come to you safe and unharmed so you can smother him with love once you're both together again.

Comment

The last week leading up to a visit DRAGS for me. But the time when we're together is as if someone pushed the fast forward button. Also, I do worry about something happening to him, too. No worries, those thoughts are all normal! =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Aww thanks guys, you've been so awesome (no surprise there) c: Yeah I am such a worry wart at times.

Comment

I just had a visit with my SO and I swear the 3 months before he was due to come down was killer, I almost wanted to rip my hair out time seemed to be frozen! And then of course the visit comes and time goes by in a flash >.>

Notes:
                          Met: 8.17.09
                          Started Dating: 8.20.09
                          First Met: 10.2.10
                          Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Well, consider this...it's been almost 2 years since we've been able to see each other, and will probably be a number of months still...I completely ENVY those of you who are down to those "last few weeks"...god, I'd give almost anything to be in your place, lol...so even when time feels like it's dragging, think about those of us for whom the target isn't even in our sights yet, and then remember just how damn lucky you are.

Comment

OMG I agree. When you and your SO are together it feels like time is on super speed and no matter how long you just lay in bed together it isnt long enough knowing you have to be separated again. NO BUENO!!!
                              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                              X