The encouragment thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The encouragment thread

Going by the blogs and some of the forum posts there are lot of people going through some tough times in their relationship, me included. So I decided to create a thread where you can get some encouragment from other members and give encouragment to those going through a tough time.
    So post, a brief description of the problems you are dealing with and hopefully some nice people will make you feel better. Actually make it problems in general, so relationship, work, life ect.

I've been giving my SO space after it was suggested by some people on another thread i posted. It's been two days since i last spoke to him and i get so disheartened when I see him updating his facebook and that yet not want to talk to me.

I totally understand what you mean! (with the space/facebook comment)

Comment

It feels good to know im not alone then

Comment

I'm fairly convinced Facebook is evil and don't worry, he'll contact you soon.

Comment

My problem at the moment, is getting back to my life in college. Im 22 and my mom passed away 2 years ago so i am used to loss and chance. After she passed I moved away to school and did fine that entire time. I went home over summer and my best friend who may as well be my sister had a baby and i got to feel like i was in a "normal" CD relationship. Now im back as school... with out my best friend and her daughter and with out my SO. Things suck right about now. I will get through it but it is hard to to throw a pity party for myself.

As for the FB situation I do think that between that and the Video games it is a relationship killer... whether CD or LD it is a no bueno!
          Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Yeah it is always hard to get back into routine after not doing it for a while. It will take time and everything will be back to normal

Comment

I know it will... waiting is the hard part. But I guess that is what it is with LDRs alot of the time isnt it? Waiting.
              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Ouch that must be painful to see him update his fb status but not talk to you...Yeah I don't know what I'd do. I'm sure he'll contact you sooner or later.
                .We've Closed the Distance.
                no matter where i am, no matter where you are
                i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
                no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
                all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

I'm on a visit with my SO and I'm leaving in a few hours to go back to our hometown. I really don't want to leave just yet! The time has gone so quickly and we've had a great time together. Granted, he'll be home in 40 days for Thanksgiving break, but until then, it's going to be so hard to be apart from him again. I don't know how I'll be able to wake up every morning without him by my side or when I need encouragement having him there to give me a hug and a kiss to make it all better. We've been through this before, but this seems like it's going to be the toughest goodbye yet. It never gets easier, ever. We still have at least 5 or 6 more years of distance to go....it's so tough. I love him more than anything and I don't want to go back to our hometown without him by my side. ='[

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Yeah it is always hard after visits. They always go to quickly. When i get back I always focus on the countdown again so I'm not too sad about the fact he isnt there. They always seem tough but at least its only 40 days until he returns

Comment

Yea, sometimes it feels like it gets harder the more times you leave each other. In part because i think it makes us think about closing the distance sooner. Its hard and understandable. But ill tell you what i try and tell myself... each time makes you stronger because every time you get through it it is just one more thing you have overcome together.

Comment

I'm having a really rough time as well. Combating a load of raw, emotional pains and physical pains topped by uni worries :/ Yeah, I'm kinda stretched to the limit at the moment, so I sympathise with those having problems at the moment.

One of my close friends sent me a link to a little something that made me smile, when I was feeling at my worst over the weekend:

https://weheartit.com/entry/15778916

Comment

I am so understanding what you mean with the FB issue. I am dealing with the same thing and it hurts....it really does.

Comment

Working...
                          X