Ouch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch...

My SO and I use the webcam a lot and we came up with a game to make it more fun, and we... well ya know... on cam.

Recently I have seen a lot of posts on here about taking breaks and it kinda worried me and I wanted a game plan with my SO if either of us reached that point. The idea of such made him sad, and he told me that the visits would help and that the fun time/games we have on cam help with the need for physical affection and help him feel closer to me.

So I wanted to come up with more games to play I posted that in the adults section. But I also looked online.

There were people in similar situations being LDR and wanting to spice things up...

The comments were horrible...

" Get a life "

" It's not like its gonna work out anyway "

" seriosuly dude. haven't u got any shame? get a life!!!! "

" ok
    webcam shitt like this is like the special olympics-
    even if u score
    ur still ******ed "

I mean jesus, I know its just ignorant people who don't understand the LDR stuff but dang....

I don't know why but stuff like this hurts. Its harder when people are negative...
    " There is always hope.
    "

People like that are ignorant. Obviously if they've never been in this situation they wouldn't understand... best if they kept their comments to themselves though. Just keep making yourself happy and to hell with what everyone else thinks. Quite frankly it's none of their business. The people closest to me know I'm in a long distance relationship, others don't. It's easier that way. No sense trying to explain something to someone who's opinions don't matter to me anyway. I know what I have, I know he makes me happy and I know it can work as long as the both of us are willing to put in the effort needed. I think our situation makes us stronger than a lot of CD couples.

Comment

I feel your pain since it's obviously a very sensitive issue when you're in a LDR, which you might for one reason or another, struggle with moreso than a 'close' relationship. I feel really crappy tonight because this is the first time in a long time I haven't spoken to my guy since I only came back from visiting him on Wednesday and we speak almost every day. It happens. So it's more than reasonable for it to hurt. From your perspective, people are picking at a wound.

BUT

People are stupid and yes, as Tabby says, ignorant. Please, my dear observe. Look at this and you will surely be assured of this fact since this is pretty much in a similar format that I suspect you saw these ridiculous comments: https://www.forkparty.com/3243/50-ya...upid-questions

Solution: Screw 'em. People have every opportunity to mess up their own lives and do so fantastically on a day to day basis. They have no right to your emotions and eventually you won't allow them such. You know what you want and what you can take and thus you will be fine Chin up xx
      Last edited by ArchetypicalIdiot; October 9, 2011, 08:47 PM. Reason: *used the wrong name. D'oh!
      sigpic

Comment

Seriously mate don't worry about it. I mean, you can see why they think it's hilarious and lame right? Because, well.. frankly it is! That doesn't make it less awesome, fulfilling or sexy of course - but there's a humourous side to it too. If we can all learn to laugh at ourselves, it takes away the power others have to hurt us with.
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

People who put down situations like this are just ignorant and not strong enough to do it themselves. Most likely if they are commenting on that, they have no life either! Especially with that typing. Goodness gracious.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
          Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
          Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
          Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
          Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

don't let the haters phase you hun, it's all good we support you. c:
            .We've Closed the Distance.
            no matter where i am, no matter where you are
            i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
            no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
            all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

It's why I came here in the first place. It clearly CAN work out and people here understand and support it. The nay-sayers are the kind of people that feel best when other people are miserable. On top of that they're anonymous, random people who have no vested interest in your happiness. To hell with what they think.

We're here for you

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

" ok
                webcam shitt like this is like the special olympics-
                even if u score
                ur still ******ed "

^ Not to mention it's people like that who seem to get a rise out of being "clever." On another forum I'm on someone typed up a "hate site," or you can simply look at the ED page, and it's done by someone who despite refuting the claim that they're trying to be clever... is trying to be clever. They get one or two little s******s and it's reason to keep trying for more. I usually have a giggle at their poor attempt at humour and move on.

I tend not to let negativity like this get me down. The only people I've known who have ever chastised me for LDRs are a) people who have been in one, and it didn't work out (for variety of reasons, but many of which they've wrongly boiled down to "the distance") b) people who are older, like my grandfather, so do not necessarily understand LDRs c) people who think they're clever and the interwebz greatest thing since sliced bread and d) the people who can't stand to see anyone else happy and who simply want to spread negativity to spread the negativity. None of those people have the authority to talk of LDRs the way they do, because they're either making blanket statements or speaking from ignorance; now, if they had a reasonable argument and were a fierce debate, then I can see where that then might get my spirits down, but comments like that from people like that... Eh, life is too short wasting my time being upset because of what someone said over the internet, especially when it lacks not just a good point, but any point.
                Last edited by Haley53; October 10, 2011, 09:37 AM.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After