Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how emotionally connected are you and your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would label us a 5. We have been together for over 9 years. We have cried and rejoiced together. We share our fantasies, both sexual and life in general. We share our fears and our desires. We have talked about absolutely everything and we are not afraid to share things with each other.

Comment

I don't think people are objective enough to truly answer this question. There's just too much bias, but hey it's fun anyway.

For us every day is a new day. Some days we are so insynch we share each other's thoughts and we frusterate each other because we want to have a conversation, but we are saying the exact words the other is thinking and it just goes no-where lol. Other days I can be right beside him and crying and he wont realise it. Some days I can feel him *out there somewhere* and other days I feel cold and alone. So it varies quite a bit.

We are connected enough that he couldn't find someone to replace me with, and I never have to fear that we will break up (in the foreseeable future. I know having kids will shake what we have to the core). So, we're connected enough at any rate.
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Definitely a 5. We have known each other a year and been together five months. Over that time, there was a day where we talked sixteen hours straight between the phone and internet both. We finish each other's sentences, say the same things (including "I love you, I wish you were here, I miss you" at the same time) and see through each other. We have a lot of coincidences in our relationship too. But yeah, definitely on a scale of one through five, five being the highest, we are at a five.
        candi ❤ austin
        ღ5.11.2011ღ
        ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
        ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
        ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
        ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
        [/CENTER]

Comment

I think my SO and I are at about a 4ish. I mean the only thing that we seem to lose connection on (at times) is when there is something wrong in our relationship. And as opposed to being together and working on it together, he shuts down. He listens to me and feels like if he listens and changes things that is enough. But i want him to have a voice. Other than that, emotionally (and physically for that matter) we are on the same page.
          Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I'd say about a 4 if talking online, but around a 5 when we're together or on Skype. He knows most everything about me, has seen me at my worst, and loves me anyway. I feel the same about him.

There are eerie moments when we're on IM and we post the exact same thing at the same time. Today we did that. He was telling me about Polo mints, and I told him they look like Life Savers. A few minutes later, within seconds of one another, we had each copied and pasted the exact same entry from Wikipedia about how Life Savers spark when you chew them in the dark. A bit spooky, that, hehe! We do this quite a bit, so we're obviously in tune with each other.

He can always tell when I'm upset. Once on IM he told me to stop crying when I hadn't even told him I was upset. I don't know how he picks these things up. But I can do it with him too. Today on IM, for some reason I could tell he was angry, though he'd said nothing to indicate he was upset. Boggles me a bit that I was able to tell.

But I find I'm more connected when I can see him. It's like my emotions and thoughts scatter when I can't see him, but just being on Skype allows my thoughts to calm down and align. And this is even more so when we're together.

Comment

I'd say a 5. We are so emotionally connected. It's a great feeling.

Comment

Before we broke up we were probably a 4.5. Now because we have just talked about everything and missed each other for the little time that we broke up I think we're getting even higher.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
                  Before we broke up we were probably a 4.5. Now because we have just talked about everything and missed each other for the little time that we broke up I think we're getting even higher.
                  THIS. I don't know why but things got so much better after we got back together.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                  -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                  \

Comment

We were at about... 4.8 before this past weekend. Now I'd say we're at a 5. We got there by communicating and being open with each other. And loving each other a ridiculous amount. This past weekend he opened up to me about some things I had kind of guessed at but that he never talked about, and we just feel so much closer since then

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Definitely a five. We can feel when one is thinking about the other (I have bad heartburn and he gets bad headaches). When we're mad at the other, something bad happens -- one time when I was mad with him his breathing became difficult; and when he was mad at me for something he made my whole body convulse. It gets frustrating sometimes because we're in different time zones, so sometimes when he is awake and thinking of me I wake up with heartburn, but I'd say it's definitely worth it.

Comment

/gone
                        “There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.”
                        ~Washington Irving

Comment

^Exactly. And we learned what went wrong the first time, and compensated for it and made up for it when we got back together.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                          -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                          \

Comment

I'd put it at a 4.5. We almost always know what the other is feeling. I have a tendency to clam up if I'm upset, but he reads me like an open book.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Argh the dude is always poking me about this. He knows me a little too well and has really since before we got together and I didn't like that at all. Lol. I keep a lot of stuff to myself so it's odd to have someone just look at me and know. He even knows by the way I type and vice versa. I think I have a pretty good emo-radar on him too. I'm generally the person who smiles brighter the more pissed off they are until I do snap and then all hell breaks loose. And yes, I can be scary. He understands that and always seems to know when I'm feeling 'dark'. Since we both have a lot of dark aspects to our personalities it's important that we know what to put up with and what to stop. He is completely transparent to me although he complains that I'm a bit too selfish with my feelings, which I suppose he's right about. He just flat out tells me. Lol. We seem to be pretty on top of that so I'd say about a 4.5, nearing a 5.
                              sigpic

Comment

my bf and I are 5+. we are growing closer emotionally with each passing day. we've been together for 4 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X