Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how emotionally connected are you and your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how emotionally connected are you and your SO?

on a scale of 1-5, how emotionally connected do you think you and your SO are? and how did you guys get to that level together?

Me and my SO have been together for 3 months and he told me he feels our emotional connection is at 3.5..(i kind of feel the same) but i want things to get better between us.

I think are quite high, 4 or 5, more 5ish I would say. Basically I think we just got there with time, and talking and sharing feelings and such. We have been together for nearly 2 years now and have known each other for more than 2 years so just came with time

Comment

Definately above a 5 I would say. It does come with time and getting to know one another more and more. Chris and I are very open and tell each other everything and how we are feeling so it's brought us so much closer. Also going through tough times together has made us much more connected because we always turn to each other and support one another.

Just give it time =)

Comment

Definitely a 5, but even from the beginning I'd say it was high, maybe a 3.5 or a 4 although it kind of floored us both and made us really look at what we'd found. The more we got to know each other the more we realized the connection we have. Now, living together it's still at a 5 I'd say, with the day to day grind we are in more of a normal relationship but the emotional connection is still there.
        Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
        Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
        Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
        Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
        Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by BoogleBee View Post
          Basically I think we just got there with time, and talking and sharing feelings and such.
          Definitely this.

Time teaches you how to listen with your heart. My so and I have been best friends for 12 years... and a couple for the last 4 years.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
          And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

I'm tempted to say my SO have been a 5 since the beginning (4.5-5). I mean sure, our relationship, and thus the communication, has grown and developed over time, but since the beginning we were immediately able to pinpoint out the other's emotions and thoughts; surprised us, really, but it led to a best friendship. I'd say that our levels of emotional connection and communication have only improved since. This isn't to say we never squabble, but this also doesn't mean we aren't on the same page either. Hell, when we were sharing a bed when I was over, every night I had a nightmare, he had one too; every night I had a happy dream, so did he.
            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
            Met online: February 2009
            Feelings confessed: December 2010
            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
            to be continued...

Comment

Definitely a 5. He can ALWAYS tell when something's wrong with me. I'm a little more oblivious, but catch on eventually.

Comment

We are pretty high, He can tell when something is up with me and vise versa. We are at the point where if I can't get the words out, which happens a lot it seems he knows what I am trying to say....very handy! Or one of us will think something and the other will say it, there has been a few really obscure things that made me wonder if it was more then a coincidence.

Comment

/gone
                  “There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.”
                  ~Washington Irving

Comment

Me and my so are definitely a 5 if not more. Sometimes it's really awesome but other times it CAN suck just for the fact that if one of us is upset/stressed/etc.. the other one feels it too, so sometimes it's hard to cheer each other up!

Comment

It's gotta be a 5. Even from the off, we were really close and it felt like we'd known each other forever. It just took time for the feelings we had to mature and grow

Comment

I'm going to say 5 too, We've always been really close and supported each other through some really tough times and had some awesome times together which all contributes to our connection. He knows when somethings bothering me and I, him. We know how to comfort each other and when to give each other space which can only come with time .Weve also had some of those freaky gotta be more than a coincidence moments. I remember messaging him asking if he'd hurt his hand, in particular his thumb. He admitted he'd had an accident at work and was a little creeped out when i added it was his left thumb. We have also sent texts and called one another just as the other was about to.
                        As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Pretty high I would say a 5. He affects me in such a strong way, emotionally, any thought of losing him and i immediately sorta break down. And then whenever im really really upset, or somethings bothering me, I swear! Its like he spies or knows! Cause he always comes on line right then and there. Im not exaggerating or kidding at all. He says he gets that feeling, so to me I think its just because were emotionally connected. And I trust him with everything. All my secrets or everything that happens in my day. And he shares more and more with me. We been together over two years and it wasn't as strong at first still learning to open up but now i think were in a great place and would say were a 5.
                          I love you Nathan <3
                          sigpic
                          5/25/09 <3

Comment

On a scale of 1 to 5 we are a 10. We are on the same page about almost everything. He knows what I'm thinking, what i'm feeling, without me having to even say it and I can do the same for him. I can have my eyes closed and I can tell when he walks into the room, the atmosphere changes. He knows all the right things to do and say to make me feel good, to make me happy when I am sad. It goes both ways for all of these things. He is my best friend! And I think that being in a LDR definitely will improve your 3.5. When you don't get to see each other every day and when you can't connect in the ways most couples do, you make up for it in other areas. (:

Comment

Ah I hate putting a number on things or rating it...lol. But great thread - great question to pose. For myself me and my SO have been together for 5 months and I'd say we're about a 4. We've cried in front of each other several times and have been able to reveal some of our "deepest darkest secrets" I can only hope to continue to progress with him in the future.
                              .We've Closed the Distance.
                              no matter where i am, no matter where you are
                              i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
                              no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
                              all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Working...
                              X