Meeting my Canadian lover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting my Canadian lover

I'd been visiting friends in Vancouver for about a week, and finally it was time to board a domestic flight and go to Edmonton, where the (probable) love of my life awaited me. From the moment I woke up, M had been sending me a text every hour, counting down the hours til we met. 10... 9... 8... 7... 6... and so on.

I got a late flight to Edmonton, 9:30pm, and landed just before midnight. The flight was mostly empty and I spent the whole time with a twisted knot in my guts and lightly perspiring... I was soooo damn nervous! After what seemed like NO time at all, we touched down and I switched on my phone to send M a message - "I'm in motherf***ing EDMONTON!" He replied with, "I'm en route, sweetheart."

I stepped off the plane and headed towards the baggage claim where my suitcase came out first. I hauled it over to a row of seats and stood, waiting, text him my location. Suddenly I felt a nudge on the back of my knee and I knew, I just KNEW it was him. Cold prickles swept down my spine and I turned slowly and there he was... sitting in the chair right next to me, looking up and smirking. He was so much better looking in person. I stared at him, repeating "oh my god" over and over as he stood and laughed and hugged me tight and kissed the top of my head. I buried my face in his chest and he smelled amazing. Finally, I looked up at him, smiled, and said, "Hey stranger." He grinned, bent his head down and we kissed. I felt so happy I could die.

The visit was so damn amazing I can't even describe it. He treated me so well and my entire body was humming with love the whole time. I have really never felt anything like this before. I was there for a week and we could hardly keep our hands off each other the whole time. We had "the conversation" a couple days before I left and yes - this is it - we're together. I guess I'll be moving to Canada, somehow. I don't know how that is going to happen but this is what the forum is for right?!

Oh yes, and here are a few photos! Sorry if they're a bit big!

Thats so exciting! Glad you had a great time! When you move to Edmonton and I move back with my SO we will have to go on a double date! Haha You two look so cute

Comment

You guys are so adorable!!! Great pictures!! And good luck on moving over there

Comment

aww how sweet! You guys look good together! Glad you had such an amazing time
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

Wow you look MFEO <3 so happy for you!

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

YAY!!!

So glad to see you had a great time and everything turned out brilliantly. If you've moved to Edmonton the next time i'm visiting my SO we could meet up
            Did you go to the huge mall?
            As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I'm so happy for you! I felt like I was going to die with anxiety though reading how the two of you met for the first time so I can imagine how nervous you were.

Comment

Awwwwww That's so cute! Glad to hear and see that you guys had such an amazing time

Comment

Aww, that's fantastic I'm so glad it was so amazing, the two of you are completely adorable together

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                  Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Glad to hear you two had such an amazing time together! And very cute pictures
                    You never forget your first love...

Comment

Originally posted by leonsfangirl View Post
                      YAY!!!

So glad to see you had a great time and everything turned out brilliantly. If you've moved to Edmonton the next time i'm visiting my SO we could meet up
                      Did you go to the huge mall?
                      Yes!! I should post photos of that place! Amaaaaaazing! I almost flipped out when I saw there were *SEA LIONS* in a bloody *MALL* hahaha!

Comment

You really look perfect together!!! I'm so happy for you!

Comment

Omg... The story was amazing, just like a romantic fairytale. I'm always so happy to read things like this! All the best for you and your guy, you look lovely together! My friends enjoyed the story too, they kept going awwww! I had to read the story out loud to them because I was all giggly and aww too.
                          "Everyone smiles in the same language."

Comment

Oh what a nice and exciting story, thanks for sharing it and attaching pics. You two make a good looking couple! Good luck

Comment

!! YAY that is such good news the pictures of the both of you are lovely

Comment

Working...
                              X