No announcement yet.

How do you handle the LDR naysayers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost every girl on my floor of my building is in some kind of distance (short or long) relationship. So I don't get anything from them or from anyone really. My SO is the one who gets all the flack, mostly from exes and one friend, who says a long distance relationship is just another word for cheating. But my SO and I really pay no mind and just let our actions speak for themselves.
    ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
    The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

I don't. I get incredibly mad at people, especially the ones who claim how people are misfits because they can only find someone online. I typically have to ignore people who say bad things otherwise I'm likely to go postal.

Comment

Originally posted by Haru View Post
        I don't. I get incredibly mad at people, especially the ones who claim how people are misfits because they can only find someone online. I typically have to ignore people who say bad things otherwise I'm likely to go postal.
        LOL, yes. These people amuse me because I have never had any issues attracting members of the opposite sex. I have actually been called "desperate" by one such member who received a solid "no" when they asked me out, because I have an "online" boyfriend. Almost tempting to say that I said no so I'm not THAT desperate. :P
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

Heh, I've heard the same thing, Haru...that only losers who can't find someone IRL are in long-distance relationships.

It's interesting to see that about half of you have had negativity, and about half of you haven't. I think that's a good sign that people are generally starting to accept LDRs as having just as much potential as any other relationship. Considering that EVERYONE has failed relationships, and that almost ALL of them were CDRs, it doesn't appear to me that local necessarily means successful.

Anyhow, thanks for all the replies.

Comment

I've not really had anyone say it's been a bad idea, though I think some of my friends disagree since I do spend a good deal of time on Skype with the boy! My parents haven't said a word, since they know I've wanted be in the UK for ages..even before the relationship started, and that only slightly negative verbal comment I've heard was 'That's one hell of a LDR...'
            We figure it's more of a WW1 or 2 sort of thing, with the man being overseas and away for ages~
            xxx

Comment

My friends are so supportive but my family members not really support me. But my LDR is the best guy in my life, so I keep strong for our relationship <3

Comment

Working...
              X