Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how does your SO comfort you?

i wanted to share this with you....
    today i read a letter hanging around in the kitchen. it was from my uncle who is in a mental hospital, and it said how he almost successfully tried to do something, i dont really want to say it on here.
    i texted my SO almost immediately, telling him exactly what i read and how i felt so lost.

after a while i texted again saying "look i understand that you cant really say much to it, heck i dont know what to say to it either. just really want a hug n an ear right now "

and so he said.... "right im just about to chop my ear off and send it in the post for you, hold on"

to which i laughed, of course, and when i said "nooo you need your ear", he said "oh... too late"

:P

that did cheer me up for a lil bit.
    its amazing how he knows exactly what to say, even in situations like this that not many people would be in.

so.........

what does your SO do to cheer you up / comfort you?

That is cute. I think when men know that their GF is down, they usually don't know what to say. All they want to do is avoid crying, cuz once the tears start they are like a deer in the headlights. Which sometimes makes me feel better because he still tries so hard.

Anyway, he just tries to make me laugh and just changes the subject. Usually as long as i laugh i am fine.
    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

ahah true.... yesterday i started crying because he started going on about how i couldnt afford going to see him. when i finished venting and rubbed my eyes, he said "oh please dont cry im sorry"

:P

yeh... SOs are very good at making us laugh :P sometimes :P

Comment

Depending on the situation, he'll listen and reassure me that he loves me and that it's going to be okay and, again, depending on the situation, he'll occasionally try and help me come to a solution or he'll suggest some possible ways of handling it; other times, he'll ask me what's the worst thing that could happen, and then we'll find a way to deal with it, so that I feel prepared even for the worst case scenario. IRL, he'll usually hold me and let me talk, and if I cry, he'll wipe and/or kiss away my tears and simply let me cry. If I'm sobbing/hysteric, he'll usually tell me that it's okay and to calm down because it's okay etc.
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

My SO makes me focus on the positive things, the things i do right and reminds me that i can't control everything. Reassures me that he'll love me no matter what and everything will work out, it'll just take time. Listens to me when i cry and stays strong when i feel weak. Failing that he makes me laugh too, drives me nuts if i'm in a perfectly crappy mood then he does something silly and ruins it lol
          As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

He usually knows what to say to cheer me up as well.

Something that came to my mind right now was when I had a huge fight with my mother, in 2009, and was crying my eyes out, and didnt want to turn the webcam or voice chat, he convinced me to do it, because it doesnt matter if i had puffy eyes, i would still be his beautiful sweetheart.

them he told me to put my blanket covering both me and the laptop, like a tent, and he did the same with his, and he called it our tent of love, and said we were safe in there, and just said sweet things to me and made me laugh, <3

gosh, I miss him.
            our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
              He usually knows what to say to cheer me up as well.

Something that came to my mind right now was when I had a huge fight with my mother, in 2009, and was crying my eyes out, and didnt want to turn the webcam or voice chat, he convinced me to do it, because it doesnt matter if i had puffy eyes, i would still be his beautiful sweetheart.

them he told me to put my blanket covering both me and the laptop, like a tent, and he did the same with his, and he called it our tent of love, and said we were safe in there, and just said sweet things to me and made me laugh, <3

gosh, I miss him.
              n'auwwww, now that is sweet

Comment

depending on the circumstances he will either make me laugh or he just knows exactly what to say. Freaks me out sometimes!

Comment

He likes to help me find solutions. He's very intuitive, and can see the things I miss. He's also very supportive, and will let me ramble on about what I need to talk about and listen to me forever. If he can't think of anything to say, he's honest with me and says so, but he always offers his love and support. And he never says anything empty and never minimizes how I feel.

What touches me the most, however, is that he always says, "we'll get through this," or "we'll find an answer to this." He always makes me feel like he's on my side and we'll get through everything together.

Huh. Just thinking about this makes me feel such a rush of love toward him right now.

Comment

He is a calm man and always help me to find solution or give me different way of thinking.
                    That's great to have someone that always stand beside you, especially in hard time

Comment

I was having a bad day one time, and we were talking on webcam... he started putting stupid things on his head :/ A ski mask, apple stickers, his teddy bear... Ahe thnd he made his hair all stand straight up on end at one point too :P I asked him what the hell was wrong with him, and he answered "I'm in love. So I do stupid things in fron oof the camera to make her laugh, cause her laugh is the most beautiful thing ever."
                      That's how he comforts me. By being a complete goofball and making me laugh against my will >:O

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                      -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                      \

Comment

It depends on what the matter is. If it's something that requires a logical solution, he'll do his best to help me find it; if it's of a more emotional nature he'll offer comforting words or try to make me laugh (something which he's very good at!). If I'm upset when we're actually together, he'll happily stop whatever he's doing to give me a cuddle On the couple of occasions he's seen me really cry - and not many people have done - he'll simply rock me and hush me and whisper in my ear that everything will be fine. I feel a bit guilty sometimes that he's had to cope with me breaking down like that, but he simply takes everything in his stride. He's my rock, really, and I don't know what I'd do without him

Comment

It depends on the situation, but he always tries to get me to laugh. If we're apart, he'll make funny faces on webcam :P Or he'll make a kissy face and I can't resist smiling whenever he does that. If we're together he'll hold me for a while. It really depends on how serious the situation is though. :P

Comment

Working...
                          X