Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it wasn't for ___, we would have never met.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it wasn't for him taking years off college and coming back later, we would never have met.

If it wasn't for me going to Kansas to pursue a (now long-dead) relationship, we would never have met.

If I hadn't taken that one anthropology course in community college and changed my major, we would never have met.

If he didn't decide to branch out from archaeology and take a class in linguistics, we would never have met.

If I hadn't decided to take that same linguistics class on a whim, we would never have met.

If we'd both decided to sit elsewhere for our linguistic class, we would never have met.
    So, here you are
    too foreign for home
    too foreign for here.
    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

If it wasn't for okcupid we would have never met. If our marriages had been functioning, we would have never met. We had both signed in because we felt lonely and needed company. We both wanted to write to someone far far away and keep our privacy. But we hit it so well the walls came down quickly.

Comment

If it wasn't for being bored on Halloween night we never would have met.

If it wasn't for Omegle we never would have met.

If it wasn't for the Doctor Who tag we never would have met.

If it wasn't for pressing connect at the same time we never would have met.

Comment

If it wasn't for Game of Thrones lol we started talking about it and .....love happened

Comment

If it wasn't for a chicken keeping forum, we never would have met.
            ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
            Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
            First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
            Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
            Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
            Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

If it wasn't for getting diagnosed with rare health conditions together, we would have never met.

Comment

If it wasn't for my anxiety, we would have never met.

I just realized, because of my anxiety, I met the love of my life. Crazy.

Comment

If it wasn't for her being a fish geek, we would never have met.

Comment

If it wasn`t for Kovla website, we would`ve never met! I`m so thanksful for opportunity to get acquianted with interesting people.

Comment

If it wasn't for boredom we never would have met.
                      If it wasn't for omegle we never would have met.
                      If it wasn't for an impromptu email we never would have met.

To be honest, sometimes I'm a little embarrassed about how we met. Omegle doesn't exactly have the best reputation (I swear our conversation was innocent!!) but when I think about the odds of meeting someone so special on such a questionable website, I have to laugh and count my blessings.

Comment

If it wasn't for the endless nights of comforting her, we would have never met.

Comment

Such a good thread~

If it weren't for our favourite manga we wouldn't have met.
                          If it weren't for a certain post and my approaching "talents" we wouldn't have talked/gotten close.

It was kind of funny and embarrassing, I had noticed him and his posting style on the forum already and at one point I got "involved" in a conversation between him and other guy. (Someone else did it before me as well!) And I protected his stance. Then as he didn't respond to my post I ACTUALLY went and jokingly pm-ed him "felt like my long post was ignored " and I actually said in that same first message that I liked his posts and his way of thinking. ( I swear I wouldn't do anything like that with any other Finn NOW )
                          But even then, I NEVER expected a huge thought out reply and an attempt of actual communication. This happened 3 years ago. It was my first forum, and he was my first proper forum friend

Comment

If it wasn't for getting lost en route to a meeting we never would have met.

We used to volunteer for the same civic organization. There was a meeting being held at his college, and I was one of the representatives from my school. I got to the venue too early, and ended up lost. Someone directed me to the office of his boss. When his boss learned I was there, she called him in to please keep me company till the meeting started.

Comment

If it wasn't for me not getting the annual leave time that I wanted and him being assigned a trip that he has never done before (or since), we would never have met.

We often have this conversation as to how amazing it is that our paths actually crossed.

Comment

My s/o and I were a match on okcupid, but I avoided his profile for a long time because his photo was a picture of him with a woman around my age, so I was afraid it was a couple's account looking for a third person. What further confused me was that we were a 98% match, and I never matched above a 65% with couples (for good damn reason). If it weren't for the fact I was so confused about the match percentage, we would never have met. I checked out his profile, and found out that the chick in the photo was just his life-long friend. He and I hit it off immediately, and we've never looked back.

Comment

Working...
                                X