No announcement yet.

Stupid University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah that's so funny I feel like I could have written this post. My SO is actually in the engineering faculty he is currently just taking a semester off right now to focus on his work course (that he just completed) and adjusting to his new promotion. It is stressful but just as hard as it is give them their space and allow them to have time to de-stress and have some time to himself. I myself am a full time student and its mid-term time and I'm starting to get clogged up and between that work and volunteering sometimes I find myself swamped. What's best is to probably let him know you're there for him and make sure you give him some time to de-stress. Hope this helped

Hang in there love! <3
    .We've Closed the Distance.
    no matter where i am, no matter where you are
    i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
    no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
    all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

My SO is in the EXACT same boat! He's a second year Computer Science major and is constantly under stress with deadlines for projects, labs and the like. He's also trying to balance his floor activities and meetings AND a job on top of all of this, as well as a LD girlfriend back at home (aka me!). I'm also pretty busy because I'm a biology major, so I have 2 lab reports a week due and I'm also taking calculus too. I'm not as busy as he is probably because I live at home and he's in a dorm. But, I find him constantly being too busy and stressing out. I don't know how to make it better for him. I try to leave him alone if I know he's stressed or busy, but sometimes I'll just send him a text of encouragement saying that I love him and that I'm proud of him or that it'll get better. I think he really appreciates those messages, and once in awhile I'll post it on his FB wall. I've yet to make him a video, though I may do that soon so he has something he can look back on when he does get stressed and he'll always have my encouragement. =] No matter how busy he is, I'll always be there for him and support him, even if it means he can't talk to me as often. I will be there in spirit then. One day I know this'll all be worth it, and when I do get discouraged because I can't talk to him because he's busy, I tell myself he's building a future for both of us. He's doing this so he can get a good job one day so he can support a family and me (when I become his wife someday).

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I didn't know there were so many of us with busy SOs! Very supportive to know I'm not the only one.

Comment

I am a first year Chemistry/Biology double major with a Pre-Med concentration and my SO is a Nursing major. Being in the health science and science world in general is incredibly difficult because like every job really it takes a lot of skills to be able to do what you want to do. The busyness is stressful for both of us but we try to just text, call, or skype/oovoo whenever we can. The weeks are real busy and we don't talk all that much except for maybe late at night when we are both up from studying and doing homework and the weekends are usually when we try to communicate the most but being college students we also have things to do around campus and such so we aren't sitting in our rooms being antisocial with people other than each other. It just takes some getting used to and I know it isn't any fun because I'm doing it right now and will be for probably the next 4 years at least.

Comment

Working...
          X