Christmas Gift Ideas!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Gift Ideas!!

i'm having a very hard time finding a christmas gift for my SO.. i had the idea of getting him an engraved Zippo lighter but 1. he already has one and 2. it's from his ex

would that still be accpetable?? or should i think of something else?

oh and post ideas in general here

I would try getting him something else...! I don't really have many ideas right now, as I am myself having a hard time finding a xmas present for my SO, his 3 brothers, mom and grandma.. -sigh- haha
    Last year, I got him a Barcelona's soccer jersey and guitar strings.. he's really into playing the guitar and the old strings needed to be changed asap! and I also made a super cute xmas card for him..
    so perhaps you can get you SO something useful related to a hobby/something he is into?... idk, something that he really needs, it doesn't need to be that expensive. =)... or something that would keep him warm during winter time and that reminds him of you every time he wears it (i.e a cool hat, pair of gloves, a scarf,etc)

Comment

Last year I made my SO a scrapbook of our relationship (which he loved!) and bought him a New England Patriots jersey.
      I have nooo idea what to get him this year!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I would think of something else, personally, unless he's specifically requested one.

I know my SO loves when I send him things I've had prior contact with, like the stuffed dog I sent him or the shirt I've been wearing that I will as soon as he's in a stable enough position to accept it, things that have sentimental value, such as the LFAD bracelet I bought for both of us or the penguin game (he loves penguins) I had sent to his house, or things that I've personally made, such as the homemade Christmas card or letter for our 6-month anniversary containing 169 reasons (one for every day we'd been together) why I love him. There have been more things I've sent him but these are simply some of the little things that I've done that he's flipped for. I do believe his favourites have been the gifts with huge amounts of sentimental value or those that have been homemade, because he loves that I put so much thought, care, and effort into putting something together for him. I do plan to do a scrapbook when I can, and he's excited to see the result and even wants to help put one together with me when it's his turn for a visit.

Perhaps you could make something for your SO in addition to getting him something? I tend to shy away from the more traditional gifts, such as mix CDs, simply because they seem cliche, but if your SO is into it/music, maybe this is something you could do that's special for him. Or you could send him a USB filled with pictures (of you, of you two if you've met, of things you see that have reminded you of him, etc.) and songs and send him an iTunes gift card and tell him to add some songs and pictures to the USB stick as well. That way, you make it interactive. If he's artsy, you could even do a scrapbook and have him participate in it! Another thing I've done for my SO is keep letters/a journal in addition to putting in there what things remind me of him. I'm doing this online via blog seeing as he's unable to get online at the moment, but this is something that's thoughtful and fun. You could make your card or you could sketch a picture. There's a lot that you could do, really.

If you want to buy him something, I would simply take some time to think about what he needs, what he's into, what's the general trend of things he's wanted and go from there. I tend to avoid clothes, simply because clothes are hard as hell to shop for. xD
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

I think you should get him something else since he already has zippos. Im also wondering that i should get my SO for christmas..I like floridaellen's idea of scrapebook, maybe im gonna do

Comment

Originally posted by Jgui View Post
            I think you should get him something else since he already has zippos. Im also wondering that i should get my SO for christmas..I like floridaellen's idea of scrapebook, maybe im gonna do
            I highly suggest it! It was a lot of work but actually not that expensive. Some of my friends donated some scrapbook paper to the cause though haha. He loved it so much.

Comment

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
              I highly suggest it! It was a lot of work but actually not that expensive. Some of my friends donated some scrapbook paper to the cause though haha. He loved it so much.
              I might just put the stuff i bought from before and put it in good use.. Haha! Its just tucked under my bed for now. I think its a very thoughful gift, something you cant buy with money

Comment

Exactly! But unfortunately now I have no clue what to do for Christmas that will top it! I'm thinking of buying him a tattoo. He really wants a tattoo for his grandfather who passed away and doesn't have the money to get it. Not sure though.

Comment

Would need some information as to what he is into in order to help better. But I'd say definitely go with something other than a zippo. Especially since he already has one from an ex. You should get something that is going to remind him of you everytime he sees it, not you and her lol.

Comment

I'm wrestling with the same dilemma except I have to buy both a christmas gift and a birthday gift for my bf.

Comment

yes!! his old zippo broke!! should i go ahead and get him a better one??

Comment

I'm thinking of buying my SO a promise ring for Christmas. We'll see though.

Comment

Originally posted by Reuschel View Post
                          I'm thinking of buying my SO a promise ring for Christmas. We'll see though.
                          DO IT.

Comment

I definitely think making something or at least adding a personal touch like a letter explaining why you thought he would enjoy your gift will make him happy. I mean any time I get a gift I am really happy with it but if someone took the time to tell me why they thought it was perfect for me it seems to make it so much better.

For my Bf we both live in really cold areas of the country during winter so I am definitely taking advantage of the making him something idea and knitting him some goodies. Its mostly goofy stuff or designs because I know that will make him laugh and we will have our own little inside jokes ha like everyone else said he needs something that will make him remember just how amazing you are!

Also if you will be seeing him anytime soon you could just give him an itinerary for your visit with him as a gift plan something for then but let him know about it advance so he has something to look forward to!

Comment

I have a gift made up that I was going to be sending him soon, not even caring if it was christmas or not. Neither of us have bought the other anything until now anyhow. Not for lack of wanting to, I've always refused money/gifts. But I made him a felt patch with my perfume on it, flash drive with messages I wrote in the sand at the beach and love songs, a 5 A4 page letter with some drawings of our fav chars, one of my plush toys, a coin that my dad gave me and a ring I got for my 16th, as well as a shirt I've been wearing. All so he can have stuff that is mine and can be closer to me.

However, the problem with this is now I can't send it. Because Qantas have decided to lock down all flights, which means airmail delays. So I'm unsure when to send it, because I don't want it just sitting there and get lost since it will have such personal items in it -_- Well done Australia lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X