X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in one I'm Hispanic or latin IDK & my boyfriend is White
    <3 2/15/2017<3

Comment

We're not much different skin color wise like some of the others,but he's Filipino,Vietnamese,Chinese (heavily Asian as you can probably tell) Samoan and British. I'm a white girl all the way through lol (German,Irish and Scottish). As far as cultural differences go,really the only thing that's different is the food.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
      Back Together: August 1,2012
      First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
      Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
      Engaged: January 17,2013
      Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
      Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
      We Got Married! - July 3,2014
      SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
      Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

You know what's funny, I never looked at us as an interracial relationship! But she's Filipino and Mexican and I'm just plain white Canadian, so I guess that would make us interracial? lol Not sure why this just came to me now.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I guess we are interracial and intercultural... He is "white" with irish, german and scandinavian ancestry, I come from an island that's technically considered part of Africa and my convoluted ancestry traces back to slaves, french, irish and indian people... so in the US I am usually identified as black but sometimes I just look like a very tan white person. My SO just calls me toast

Have not had a problem so far, unfortunately my family is racist, the only kind of person they would want to see me with is a lighter-skin one so I guess it works out for us (but I still don't like the racism!). His family so far has not had a problem, they're very global-minded so they barely see the difference. My SO sometimes teases them asking how they feel that he's with a black person... they always giggle. Apparently the older members of his family, the more racist ones, have passed, so I have nothing to worry about.

We do get a lot of looks when we go to the mall though, and I have to say we get them mostly from hispanics.SO said that it's because hispanic girls are expected to date within the race, so when a sorta-tanned girl is seen with a white guy they need to figure out if she's hispanic or not. I don't know whether that's true but I don't know why else I'd get so many stares!
          So, here you are
          too foreign for home
          too foreign for here.
          Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I'm a Black American, SO is a White Brit.

And I completely forget about the interracial differences until he cracks a joke or a topic like this comes up. It just doesn't matter in our relationship. If, when he comes, we get stares I frankly don't care. Dare I say I welcome them?

Fortunately my family, while mostly black, is still pretty mixed and very welcoming. A friend or loved one of one family member is a friend or loved one to all. Hope his family is the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
              You know what's funny, I never looked at us as an interracial relationship! But she's Filipino and Mexican and I'm just plain white Canadian, so I guess that would make us interracial? lol Not sure why this just came to me now.
              I didn't ever consider me and my SO an interracial relationship until I saw other white/Hispanic couples consider themselves interracial. Maybe it's because before my SO I only dated black guys so it was more obvious? I don't know. I feel like white/Hispanic is more inter-ethnic than interracial

Comment

My ancestry is all over the place. My great grandmother was a pure Choctaw Native American while my great grandfather was a white Frenchman. I have some Caribbean in me and African as well (I'm not sure which part since my Father's ancestry only goes so far as getting on a boat). My mother's side of the family is considered Cajun-French, and they all speak creole French. I identify as African American. My SO is Middle Eastern. He has roots from Iran, Pakistan, Arabia, Turkey, and Qatar. I love that he's Middle Eastern. His dark eyes, facial hair, and olive skin tone make him extremely good looking . He likes my ethnicity as well, but we rarely ever think about our cultural differences. It hardly ever crosses my mind until I'm around his mother and they're speaking Urdu, or whenever my parents make jokes about him being an Islamic terrorist...

Comment

My boyfriends entire family is from Mexico. As for me, I am white ahah. My mom's side is from Germany, and my dad is French/Italian. We've never really had any problems with family or anything...at least not that I know of, his family speaks spanish, they could literally be saying anything and I wouldn't have a clue! :P When we first started dating, though, there would be the odd person who'd give a look whenever he'd lean over to kiss me, or we'd be holding hands, but eventually I just learned to ignore it. After a few months, I didn't care. I never cared that we had two different skin colours (although I'm insanely jealous of his tan skin, it's gorgeous). His mom has stated a few times that she loves my skin colour (I'm really reallllllly pale), so she clearly doesn't have a problem with it. My parents, however, have made comments about him being mexican, and honestly I just tell them it's of no importance where he's from or what his skin colour is. Other than that, though, we've never actually had any big problems. He's an amazing guy and that's all that matters
                  started dating: 12/08/12
                  "i love you": 04/12/13
                  el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
                  montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
                  el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
                  montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
                  el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
                  el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
                  el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
                  san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
                  san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

I'm in an interracial and intercultural relationship.
                    My SO is Egyptian, so he has lovely tan skin with really dark hair. Whereas I'm British, and literally like milky white. It doesn't really make a difference, we find one another attractive, and that's all thats to it really!
                    As for culture differences... they're pretty big, but we're working through them the best we can.
                    We're not sure about what our families will think yet.. (still haven't really told them), but all we can do is hope for the best.

Comment

My SO is African and I'm European. Our families are all fine with it. Didn't really give it a second thought.
                      We've only ever been together in Ghana and the people there are fine with it. We never really get any nasty comments and they're very friendly to the "white lady" and her "husband" You get used to it.
                      Of course, our cultures are very different, but we are constantly learning from each other and rarely have arguments about culture related issues. I love the ghanaian way of life anyway and knew a lot about it before we met which I think made things easier for me.

I really like the contrast of our skin colours when I think about it. As Chlo said, we're attracted to each other. In the end we're just.. us.

On my last trip this guy (who we both didn't know) came up to us and said, that we look alike. It was surprisingly nice for someone to point out a similarity for a change, rather than how and why we are different.

Comment

My SO is from Brazil and I'm an American (half Italian half Irish). I think you could call us interracial! I love our differences, physically and culturally. When I'm in Brazil, it's really obvious that I'm not Brazilian, but it's nice when people come up to me and ask me about where I'm from and how my SO and I met (and when he shows those people my engagement ring!). Our families don't mind it. Our only problem is the language barrier.

a gente se completa neste abraço

Comment

My SO is Filipino and I am American with a diverse background. I am English, Irish, German, Mexican, East Indian, and Native American to be exact. We haven't met yet, but his family and friends know me and most of them seem to like me and give compliments. My family doesn't know about him yet. I am waiting for the right time to tell them.

Comment

My SO (boyfriend) is darker than me, he is from Turkey with an Arabic family (his whole home town have Arabic origins apparently and are bilingual). I am a pretty white Norwegian (especially in winter!) although I have got the big nose of my father's side though, our noses are not that unlike! My husband is Norwegian but adopted from Indonesia, the skin difference is bigger. So I have two dark boys. The cultural difference between me and SO is there, though his family is not "very" Muslim. Just lots of details that are different. In his work town nobody looks at us twice (but people tend to think I am Russian), in his home town we draw some attention. My husband being so Norwegian, I sometimes forget about his skin colour and I am geninely surprised if people look. I am also taller than both of them, which may make people stare as well. My family had no problems with me dating a dark skinned person - my aunt's long term bf is a Kurd (and during my youth she more than often dated dark skinned guys), my sister's husband is adopted from Colombia. My grand mother, sweet as she was, was a real racist though.
                            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I'd honestly never considered this before I came across this thread! My SO is from Peru but as we normally work together aboard a cruise ship it has become the norm rather than unusual to be surrounded by all races and ethnicities intermingling and dating, which is how it should be IMHO. I'm not sure what reception we'll get when I go over to Peru what with me being very white skinned and all blonde hair but I've been led to believe that it'll be seen as a good thing! I'm sure I'll find out when I get over there, not that it'd bother me either way!

B x

Comment

Though we are both born in America my family is from Colombia and he is just white American. I'm glad no one has had anything bad to say

Comment

Working...
                                X