School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School

So not really LDR related, but on Tuesday I leave for school Job corps to be exact. Its basically trade school thats paid for by the government to help people " become productive members of society "

Its the only reason I can go back to school because I can not afford " normal " college.

It'll still be like a normal college tho, I'll be in a dorm and what not.

I'll take my Laptop so I can cam with Robert.

So is anyone else in a college type of school?

Did you enjoy it?

Did you make new friends?

Did you have a curfew? ( we have a curfew of like 6m on wednedays and 10pm the rest of the week ) and midnight on weekends ) we also have to attend dorm meetings.
    " There is always hope.
    "

I'm in my first year of college right now and I live in the dorm because I'm far away from home so my experiences are going to be a little different than most others who went to college instate. I enjoy it here, it keeps me busy and I'm taking classes I actually enjoy (sciences [I'm a nerd]). It helps being busy with all my coursework, I also play a sport, and I am part of the honors college so I don't spend a lot of time thinking which for me is good because I'd just miss my SO and get sad. I made a few friends and I think it's all I need. Being on a sports team and in classes I just talk to the people there and hang out with some of them outside the normal day stuff. It wasn't too bad. The college does not have a set curfew but I try to get to bed by 11 p.m. every night except the weekends (unless I have practice in the morning).

Comment

I live off-campus now. However, when I lived on campus (3-4 nights per week), we didn't have a curfew, per se, but we did have a set quiet hour. I believe it was either 10 or 11pm on weeknights and midnight on the weekends, and during finals and midterms week, I believe it dropped down to 9pm.

I can't say I made a great deal many friends. However, this is coming from someone who's not an extremely social person and I also spent more time off-campus and holed up in my dorm room than not. My roommate from freshman year and her roommate from sophomore year (we were all friends in freshman year) have both joined sororities and gotten involved in clubs and campus events that have gone a long way to helping them meet people and make friends. I think getting actively involved and attending meetings (which many times I was absent for) is a good way to start meeting people. I think it's a bit easier when you're a freshman, too, since everyone's in the same boat and looking to meet many new friends themselves.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

I'm in my first year of college. Not bad so far The spirit here is awesome! Learned how to balance everything was probably the most challenging part, but after awhile you get the hang of it. Making friends wasn't as hard as I thought. I made a lot through my classes (esp the small ones), my dorm floor, and even at football games. You'll find it easy to make friends as the year goes along. We used to have a curfew but after voting for visiting times everything is open 24/7 now. xD Its an amazing time in my life
        "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

I'm on my 3rd and last year of high school, and my school is a boarding school type of thing, so I live in a dormitory. It's not too common in Finland when you're in high school, but I've found it really nice. I have two roommates who I share the corridor, bathroom and toilet with, but we have separate bedrooms. I've lived with my other roommate through the whole high school, and with the other one from last year. We click very well.

We don't have a curfew, but we have silent time which is from 6 AM to 10 PM, and you're not allowed to keep noise then. In general our dormitory isn't supervised too well, the only thing they expect us to do is follow the rules (no smoking, drinking, wash your own dishes). We also have to tell the dorm office if we want to bring any over night guests, and in theory they are only allowed to come during the weekends.

I'd say that you shouldn't worry too much, I'm sure it will all go well. I have really enjoyed my time here, altough I do admit that sometimes I wish I had more privacy and more chances to spend time alone. However, I've made the best friends of my life here. I have never been this close with anyone. So I don't regret coming here.
          "Everyone smiles in the same language."

Comment

I'm currently at a university which is awesome. I can't help you with the dorm stuff because I live off campus as a freshman. But you will love college and make a ton of friends. They are people you will always have some connection to in your life. Have fun and remember that when it gets hard, there will always be ups and downs, you just have to push through it! Good luck!

Comment

I'm in my third year of colllege, second living in a dorm since I transferred last year. You have to be pretty intentional to make friends. Last year, I stayed in my room and was alone a lot of the time. This year is very different. I am out and about, making friends, meeting new people, etc, but for me it takes work. Although being here means me and my SO are long-distance, I really love the school. There is plenty to do to keep busy, which helps the time go much faster. We do have a curfew- 2 AM every night but quiet hours start at 11 PM. Good luck in the job corps! Enjoy yourself and make the most of it--there will likely never be another time like this in your life.

Comment

It's my first year of college but I live offcampus. It's been amazing. It's not difficult to make friends because everyone else wants to make friends too!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Working...
                X