No announcement yet.

How long is your distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't know how some of you do it with so many miles between you both and such. My LDR is about 1000 miles and to see numbers larger than that breaks my heart. Good luck to all of you! <3

Comment

Miles apart : 725
      Planned time to be LD : 1 year. After my graduation I'm planning to move closer him. I'll apply to universities near him and/or try to get a job from his hometown.

Comment

Miles apart: 270
        Planned time to be LD: 2 years, with six months left to go.
        I graduate in six months and then I will have the freedom to move.

Comment

Distance Apart: 2,830 miles

Planned time apart: Well, that's the complicated part. We'll be 2,830 miles apart for four years (until I'm out of college) but then he'll be in the Navy for an additional few years, which could place him 20 miles away, or 20,000 miles away. It all depends. Also, if I go into the peace corps, that'll be added distance between us....
          So we'll be apart anywhere from 7-10 years.
          Last edited by Bobbiejeanne; November 6, 2011, 01:26 PM. Reason: fixing the formatting :)
          Every long lost dream led me to where you are
          Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
          Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
          This much I know is true...
          That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

|First Met: 02/28/14|Exchanged Numbers: 03/07/14|First Date: 03/14/14|First Kiss: 03/21/14 |Became a couple: 04/05/14|

Comment

Distance Between Us: 3762 miles
            Planned Time Apart: We've been LD almost a year now; and we can't even begin to start the distance closing process until Dec 2012 so, 2-3ish years in total tentatively.

First Met Online: October 2010
            First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
            Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
            First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
            Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
            Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
            Engaged!: June 1, 2013
            Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

distance apart: 600 miles...for now (he is working on joining the coast guard)

Planned time to be LD: well, at least until i graduate school this june. But if he goes into the military it will be at least four years. Unless we get married... which i am 22 and way to young to that about that right at this moment.
              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Miles apart : 9,518

Planned time to be LD : As of Friday, I don't know anymore. We need time to regroup and figure that out, but possibly 1-2 years.

Comment

Miles apart: around 300

Planned time to be LD: 2 to 2.5 years unless we get married but that's unlikely since we don't to rush into marriage without being financially stable as individuals first

Comment

I love answering this now! 218 miles!! We used to be over 10x that, so I'm pretty happy he's so close by now

Edit: Forgot the second part... hehe.
                    Planned time to be LD: Until May or June, depending on how hard it is for him to leave his work.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Miles Apart: Around 3000

Planned Time to be LD: Well we tried NY in August (fail!), So i'm gonna apply to Grad school in Oregon for the Spring 2013 semester. Hopefully Summer 2012. (we will see how the savings come along)
                      "You want for myself
                      You get me like no one else
                      I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                      Even in the darkest part of me
                      I am beautiful with you
                      Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
                      You're here with me
                      Just show me this and I'll believe
                      I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

Miles apart: Just over 1500 miles away

Planned time to be LD: Still looking at about 4 years unless something changes, boo lol
                        You never forget your first love...

Comment

Miles Apart: 4432 (Might not be exact but very close.)

Planned Time to be LD: We're at one month (tomorrow), and I am hoping to close the distance no later than 2-3 years but we are not sure yet.

Comment

Miles Apart: 4,280.54 miles
                            Planned Time to be LD: We're planning on getting married in 2014 so hopefully I'll be over in the UK on my fiancee visa at the end of 2013 so only two more years. That will put us at three years total.
                            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                            Made it official: September 17, 2010
                            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                            Got married: November 21, 2012
                            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Me and my boyfriend are 1648 miles apart.
                              Im going to see him in 2 days
                              I don't know a definite date yet but we are hoping to close the distance in about 2 years!

Comment

Miles Apart: 5,030
                                Planned Time to be LD: I am meeting him for the first time in February and we are going to discuss what we're going to do then. Well, actually we've already figured out that I'll move to the UK and marry him if everything works out like we know it's going to.;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X