Making Appointments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Appointments

Okay, this has been driving me insane for months.
    My SO and I both became very busy, and it has now become very hard to create time for each other.
    And you know what, things are not working out at all.

We used to be able to talk whenever we wanted, since we could afford to spend most of our time on Facebook.
    Now, both of us are rarely on Facebook at the same time.
    I want to make appointments with her, so I can set myself a schedule to maintain a perfect balance between my SO and my own life.

However, her schedule is unreliable and random because she has no idea when she'll get home.
    Or she's supposed to leave somewhere really soon, but her mom is too glued to the computer to budge, and she could say "let's go" at any second, so she doesn't want any new convos while she's waiting.
    Or she has random obligations.
    Or she gets sick very easily, and her illness and side-effects of her medicines randomly prevent her from talking to me.
    Her available time is SO inconsistent, and it clashes with MY free time.

Therefore, she had to cancel a LOT of appointments that I made. It's frustrating because:
    - it cost me time to hang out with other friends/do other stuff
    - I can't set up a schedule since her schedule is SO unreliable and random. It seems as though I have to keep my eyes glued on Facebook 24/7 just to catch her. It's not safe to make other plans of my own either. I can't live my own life.
    - I can only contact her via Facebook at college, which is where I spend most of my time
    - If this was during our reunion, I'd be so pissed for wasting our precious time.
    - one time, she even told me not to make appointments

I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense. I'm sick right now. But yeah, please help us before I cause another argument with her.

Invest in a smart phone and buy her one too. Its amazing the amount of ways you can talk with one. Emails, phone, sms, skype, facebook, whatever. And you get free wifi spots so wherever you are and whatever time you can be in close contact easily. They are so cheap now. Its a viable option you wont regret.

Comment

Well lately my boyfriends schedule has become insane, and mine is too. But his is the one that ends up being problematic. So I've had him commit two days to me a week. One day I get to talk to him in the afternoon - evening, the other night he'll be home in time to say good night.

We basically made appointments with each other, and if we have to cancel other things and schedule around them then that's the way it is. But we need to have time together and this is how we make it work.

Can you ask her to do something like this?

Comment

I agree with the smart phone idea to be honest, as a person who has had an iphone for 3 years now. It's been invaluable to have it since him and I started dating. Especially when I go to see my mother -_- I need it to get online to talk to him and as of last week, I was even able to have him call my phone via yahoo pc to yahoo iphone whilst I was driving (hands free of course) in the middle of no where practically! It was just great hearing his voice during this 4 hour drive. And then just simply chatting on yahoo on the way home.

Comment

Thanks guys, but I'm a college student who cannot afford a smartphone. I have to pay for necessities, socializing, and going to America to see her. :\

Comment

Working...
          X